03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Crashed the 03 4runner...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crashed the 03 4runner...

A really bad intersection caused us to crash head on into a camry, well not head on, but the front corners of the vehicles collided. We were headed North, they were headed East so they hit us from the driver's side and we hit them from the passenger's side. Here are some pics. Other than some bruises and cuts, everyone walked away from the scene, thank God.

It is very surprising to see the damage sustained to the 4runner is considerable more than the camry, or so it seems. Needless to say, both vehicles are totalled.

We SHOULD have had a stop sign as it was a smaller artery going on to a major street. It was our first time on the street and totally did not see the street coming up, there was no traffic device and no street sign either. We will probably be found at fault but the other driver had a suspended license, I dont know how that will play into the case.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Glad you're ok. Another lost 4runner. It seems to be happening a lot lately...
Old 02-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Contributing Member

Currently I am trying to talk to the insurance company, Allstate, about the claim, they are really low balling me as far as the value of the vehicle. They want to deduct for a small stain on a seat, scratches in the paint and a scratch in the headliner. Ofcourse they will not reimburse me for tires and brakes that I just replaced last month. Anyone been through this process and has any tips so I can battle it out?

Last edited by Amir904; 02-14-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Amir904
Currently I am trying to talk to the insurance company, Allstate, about the claim, they are really low balling me as far as the value of the vehicle. They want to deduct for a small stain on a seat, scratches in the paint and a scratch in the headliner. Ofcourse they will not reimburse me for tires and brakes that I just replaced last month. Anyone been through this process and has any tipsso I can battle it out?

Your policy should state that they replace you vehicle with an equivalent one of equal value. Make them, it will cost them a lot more money so they will be more open to work with you.

Also search around the web, like cars.com and find an equivalent 4runner this should give you a more accurate market value for your truck. I was able to do this to get my value raised considerable for my corolla.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
They will always try to low ball you, but you have to fight for what you deserve.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man that is sick. Glad to here all is ok tho. Keep afer the insurence co., as they always try to low ball you as much as they can. Good luck, and keep up posted.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

i havent heard from them since i told them i wasnt going to accept their poor offer. i hope there isnt a time window within which i have to get it resolved.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:41 PM
lee
Contributing Member

damn amir! that sucks man hope it works out for ya.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i havent heard from them since i told them i wasnt going to accept their poor offer. i hope there isnt a time window within which i have to get it resolved.
unfortunately, they will just let it sit, it'll be totally up to YOU to convince them to settle, you might have to get 'help'.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member

well they did say, that i have the option to get my own appraiser, but it would be at my cost. ill try to talk to the adjuster tomorrow and see where i get.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:50 PM

That sucks....I remember totalling an old camry (someone crossed in front of us to get to a snowboard shop) and fighting with the other person's ins. company. Boy that sucks best of luck
Old 02-14-2007, 03:56 PM

yea, looks like you might want to get legal help in dealing with your insurance company.

based off kbb.com, and what i think you have for a 4runner, the private party value is around 20,000. you can look it up yourself.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Contributing Member

i wonder if its even worth it to hire a lawyer for this. anyone ever do anything like that?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:15 PM

my parents had to when i was about 3 years old.

have they determined who was at fault?

regardless, you should be getting money from your insurance company to replace the vehicle. which should be fair market value of the vehicle. this is why you pay insurance. so if something happens, its there for you.

insurance companies are notorious for ripping you off in situations like this, especially if you are at fault. but you need to keep the pressure on them. if you can go to the office of your claims adjuster, bring in a hard copy of kbb(you can buy them at the book stores) or bring in a web printout of the kbb site. say thats what you want for your vehicle, and if you dont get that, you will see them in court.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

i wouldnt bother..its a fairly newish truck. check your local ads on comparable runners on the market. and by comparable, i mean almost to a T. mileage, colour, trim package..etc. save ads, print them out. hell...go to a dealership if you see one on their lot, see whats the cheapest you can get one for, and present your findings to your adjuster. if their offer is well below what your average asking price is...use that as a basis for your own fight. insurance adjusters hate it when you do your homework...but they'll give. dont let em sit on it..get on em and keep on em. if you have to...get an independant apprasial. apparently allstate and state farm are the absolute worse when it comes to insurance..but thats just what i see on CNN .

the way it goes up here w/ suspended liscences...if you hit someone or are involved in an accident, you get NO coverage...regardless of whos fault it was.

if they dont move on their lowball offer...then let them know you'll probably seek legal council.

its unfortunate about your accident...˟˟˟˟˟ty deal. good to see you guys all made it out OK though. you were probably moving at a much slower speed than the other car..hence the more substantial damage.

good luck with your insurance..
Old 02-14-2007, 04:44 PM

Glad your ok.... If you need some information about handling the insurance companies, PM me....
Old 02-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

its a 03 sport V8 with about 54k. when i spoke to allstate and mentioned nada and kbb, they said those methods of assessing values are always inflated for the dealers retail advantage. they used a 3rd party company to asses the value of the 4runner and came up with 19,200. i cant find any 03 sport V8 with that mileage for that much anywhere in boston or ny.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

its a 03 sport V8 with about 54k. when i spoke to allstate and mentioned nada and kbb, they said those methods of assessing values are always inflated for the dealers retail advantage. they used a 3rd party company to asses the value of the 4runner and came up with 19,200. i cant find any 03 sport V8 with that mileage for that much anywhere in boston or ny.
Glad your okay,
Sucks about the Runner

That 3rd party company can either make your deal or break it...
For instance, we got $2k for my olds, 192,501 miles on the dot when I hit the telephone pole, nothing special about the car, and it was a 95...

I will keep my eyes peeled for you on ideas on prices.

You should def get more.
And what there takin out of the deductible is ridiculous.
All they took out for my olds was the paint chips on the hood from rocks and the trunk damage (obviously since that was the part of the car that was destroyed) there was alot of other interior damage that they didn't even consider.

But maybe it is because Progressive thinks differently about there plans then Allstate does?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

oh ya, 400 deductible too. they are deducting for stain on carpet, stain on seat, scratch on headliner and scratches in body. for a second i thought he was going to say "we are also deducting for the missing front bumper, fender and damage", bastards...
Old 02-14-2007, 08:21 PM

When is the toyota on toyota violance going to stop?

Cant we all just get along!

Quick Reply: Crashed the 03 4runner...