Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The Yota wave?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
i never get the yota wave, i think it may be because its stock for now.
but its not on the outside what counts!!

haha
Old 09-27-2008, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my first wave the other day , but it was from a HEEP owner, but i did wave back . I think i am gonna start doing the wave , I never see anyone here in PA do it.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:55 AM

almost every vehicle i've owned I've got the wave

69 VW Bug = Wave
65 VW Bug = Wave
86 Toyota Corrolla = No Wave
77 Jeep CJ-5 = Wave
88 Ford Ranger = No Wave
86 Ford Mustang = Wave/Race
02 Silvarado = No Wave
94 GSXR 750 = Wave/Race
98 Mustang Cobra = Wave/Race
02 Neon = Getting Laughed at
06 Hayabusa = Wave
92 Hilux = no wave Because there are too many over here.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i get waves from other trail guys, but its seldom that i see them here in san diego. most everyone out here is into the prerunner thing, and i usually just get yelled at 'WANNA RACE??????' whats weird is most guys in lifted jeeps wave at me... lol. a guy yesterday came in for 4 new tires and a new wheel bearing on a 05 jeep wrangler. he was tellin me he loved my truck and wanted to get one like it but he settled for a jeep instead cuz it was easier to find. he wishes he had gotten a toyota, he WARNED me NEVER to get a jeep. this is coming from a JEEP owner... lol. so my truck, though ugly, gets respect.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:21 AM
pwd

Already posted that I wave, but I also like parking near other Toys:
Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crawyota
I got my first wave the other day , but it was from a HEEP owner, but i did wave back . I think i am gonna start doing the wave , I never see anyone here in PA do it.
what part of PA are you from?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:41 AM

Haha I feel you on the parking thing, I love it when I come out and see a yota beside mine. You just know they were like "sweet truck" which is what I think when I park by one.

As for the wave I live in a place where people dont even say hi when you say it first walking by...so no I have never got the wave...well maybe a few times but I assumed it was because they mistook me for someone else.

Definetly not like the V dub van or beetle thing, I dont get a wave in my Golf either.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:32 AM

I had recently bought my 4runner stock, and had the top off. I was meeting someone at a restaraunt and was sitting on my tailgate facing the road. Along comes a flat black lifted 4runner (top off as well) with different colored yota symbols painted all over it. They had obviously taken it off road, damaged body panels and the like. We both looked at each other and couldn't help but to wave. I also had another white one like mine wave at my old camo truck. Of course I got a lot of attention from anyone in that truck, especially with the rebel 1/2 doors on.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
Hey!

Like, OMG, you have internet too?

Like really? Like, like, like, like OMG!!!!!!...ttyl
Old 09-27-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by eighty5yota
i give the 'wave' out to yotas whom are worthy enough.
the rest of the yota guys get the nod.
jeeps get the fogs and the high beams.
I read that and i couldnt stop laughing ... That is exactly what i do.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:55 PM

Yotas get a couple fingers off the steering wheel, maybe a wave if the windows down. Bicycles, Jeeps, and ricers that i can hear before i see... well they get the finger

Last edited by NwRunner; 09-27-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by NwRunner
Yotas get a couple fingers off the steering wheel, maybe a wave if the windows down. Bicycles, Jeeps, PRIUS'S and ricers that i can hear before i see... well they get the finger

Fixed
Old 09-27-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels
what part of PA are you from?

I live in Downingtown, near Philadelphia . I wheel up at Rausch Creek.ocasionally with guys from another site.

Last edited by crawyota; 09-28-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:40 PM

Oh yes my friend "the Yota wave". As we are constantly made fun of for driving a Japanese truck when we should be driving the American truck, the fact is we have nothing against American trucks, in fact the ford f-150 is a great truck in my opinion, theirs just something about a yota that clicks I guess. My favorite aspect about them is that you can abuse them for hundreds of thousands of miles, and I mean really beat the crap outta them, and they just wont die. And everytime something does go wrong with it at like 300,000 miles we think about selling it, but when we fix it we look at our trucks and slap ourselves for thinking such a thing. Im a redneck and all my friends drive fords and chevy's and even a dodge. I remember the first time I went offroadin with my bud and his bronco. The bronco had a 1" suspension lift, 3" body, and 33's and just laughed when I pulled up with my 4runner with stock suspension and 31's. I just smiled to myself because I knew that my truck would still be going strong when his died. We went through the trails fairly easily and got to the mud pit. he went first and got stuck, He was laughing uncontrollably when I said "hold on a sec, I'll pull you out" He was laughing so hard that i thought he was gonna puke. so while he was writhing on the ground I hooked his truck to mine, threw my truck in 4 low, and pulled his bronco out so fast that he looked pale and was absolutely speechless, I just kissed my steering wheel and suggested he get one. He gave me this terrible look and suggested we move on through the trails. He broke down 2 miles in the trails. He looked devastated as my 3.0 V6 pulled his mammoth 350 V8 through 2 miles until we got back to where we started. This is no tall tale. I love my yota with all of my heart, and she's still running strong at 204,000 miles, that my friend is why we wave to each other.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:10 PM

Yea i wave at other toy's, i feel really stupid when they don't wave back though. So i play it off and act like i was just waving my arm out the window to the music or something! lol

i took the stock side decals off my 4runner, the passenger side is great, driver side sucks. Now i probably won't get anymore waves . Oh well maybe ill have to wave at jeeps, so at least someone waves back. lol

Nevermind, ill just start waving at hot women in other trucks, maybe they will wave back. Wait, i already do that. They don't know why some weirdo in a 4runner is waving at them, but idk, makes the passengers in my truck think i know people!

Last edited by 904_runner; 09-27-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Chicks used to wave at me when I was younger. Now, not so much.

LOL, I've only seen one toyota guy wave here. Otherwise I'll wave to modified 4x4s or anyone who obviously appreciates their ride.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

OH MY GOD...Yota guys are turning into JEEPERS!

What is next..."It's a Yota Thing!" stickers?

Note my Sig...

Old 09-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

We FJ40 guys wave ALL the time. My neighborhood has 7 FJ40's. One guy has 3.......and no other cars/trucks.

I like that new smilie!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:32 PM

It's kind of funny that this was posted right after my first experience running into an old-school truck like mine -- definitely not a great intro:

You almost NEVER see other 1st gen 4Runners or pickups around my area anymore -- they've all rusted out, or have been picked clean at the junkyards.

About two weeks ago, I was just out to get gas, and it just turned out gas prices were about to jump, so, there were huge lineups. I wasn't in a rush, so I waited patiently behind a motorcycle who cut me off racing to get to the pump. He somehow ran into problems, so after about a 10 minute wait, a guy who had pulled in after me came to my window and told me to pull ahead of him, and reverse into the spot after he left, as I'd been waiting so long.

I got ready, and right after he pulls out, ready to jump in his place was a slightly beat-up, flat black '89 Runner. He floored the truck to get into the space, although, I would've gladly given it to him (and he had crappy brakes, so he nearly hit me when he did this!).

I got a little mad at this, and turned around, ran a little down the street, hooked back, and the pump right behind the 'Runner was now free... right as I get out, the guy yells out "WHAT YEAR IS THAT!?!?!".... I could've strangled him.

I know there are plenty of great Yota guys around (especially judging by this website), but, what I drew from this was that just because someone drives a cool vehicle I happen to drive, they can still be a huge dick!

For reference, here's a pic of my truck:
Attached Thumbnails The Yota wave?-untitled.jpg  
Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Jay351
Yep, I will give a wave to any modded yota I see. Most stock trucks are driven by people not really "into" the yota scene, so no wave

Im used to getting waves and nods Some drivers are jerks though
Oh ya? some of us are sleepers... and keep our mods under the hood. Or do you have to be a rock crawler to be "into" the scene??

Quick Reply: The Yota wave?