86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Think I might have a disorder

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Think I might have a disorder

So I think I might have a disorder. Every time I buy a truck "for parts" I end up wanting to fix it up and restore it. It's starting to get pretty bad. I just bought pickup # 4 today. It was going to be for parts but ended up having fiberglass bed sides and a redone engine with header. So of course I had to buy it. So I'm looking at my 4 rigs when a lady friend of mine says she thinks I have a disorder. I don't need 4 rigs and I can only drive one at a time. So I'm thinking about what she said wondering if she might have a point when I ask her how many shoes she has. "What do you mean" she says. Well I told her you only have two feet and you can only wear one pair at a time. She says that's different so I ask her how. No real response....

Anyway, anyone else out there have "Multiple Vehicle Syndrome"?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm driving an 87 runner I couldn't pass up (brother bought it & was too lazy to fix it). Have not finished my 81 lb 4x4 & still have a 94 2wd pre runner. So I have no idea what you mean.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:18 PM

your a historian, philanthropist and collector. not a disorder.
and lol at the shoes- that's has a name: shoe obsession disorder
i can understand having sneakers, sandals and dress shoes, maybe brown and black.
but one pair for each dress / outfit / day of the week? really?

Last edited by 4wd4fun; 11-12-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:04 PM

I agree. Plus your prepared if 1 doesn't start. My wife asked me when we 1st moved in together why I had multiples of the same tools. I said different sets for each vehicle. She never asked again after being able to fix a wiring issue in my truck while at the lake. Even have small tool bag in her car
Old 11-12-2011, 09:23 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Wink

Don`t feel bad I passed 4 vehicles along time ago.I pay insurance on 5 vehicles that have plates and get driven from time to time

I just bought a new trailer but I sold a car so the total number is still the same.

I have to side with the women on the shoe issue. Well does it count if I always keep ahead of the boots I wear all the time. Maybe it is different because my boots are all the same.

I need a 4E in a all leather gortex boot so pickins are slim my luck they will be discontinued .
Old 11-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Your only problem is you were listening to a woman giving you advice about Toyotas.

:wabbit2:
Old 11-14-2011, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rofl, im guilty of this 2, and not only with toyotas, see sig for my toyota's...
but i'm also doing this with a 84 and 91 camaro z28 and rs.
bought the 84 with dreams of a 350sbc/400sbc hoppin it up, and drag racing/street driving it. Found the car, a 350, and a 400 turbo trans. Then i found the 91 and thought "theres a trans i don't have to mod the torqe arm and trans xmember for + a bunch of other xtra parts" well, took my old man threating to scrap both of them to convince me not to restore both of them... so the 84 is being built, and the 91 is being stripped and scrapped.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well.. my wife is trying to compete with Imelda Marcos for shoes. Women need different color shoes for different outfits & activities. I buy the shoes since she dresses up nice with them, so they are kinda for both of us. LOL

I have three toy's.. 2- 88's & 1 87 along with BRD so I'm no angel either.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by skypilot
Well.. my wife is trying to compete with Imelda Marcos for shoes. Women need different color shoes for different outfits & activities. I buy the shoes since she dresses up nice with them, so they are kinda for both of us. LOL

I have three toy's.. 2- 88's & 1 87 along with BRD so I'm no angel either.
Really Sky?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Innocent Fool
Well I told her you only have two feet and you can only wear one pair at a time. She says that's different so I ask her how. No real response....
WHAT AN AWESOME RESPONSE.

i can't believe she said "that's different". the hell it is. she should have immediately understood and said nothing further about it.

every time i see another 4Runner for sale, i want to buy it. i don't have excess cash to spend, because i'd have a dozen trucks if i could.

ideally, i'd love to open up a 4Runner restoration shop, rebuilding 1st gens following a simple yet complete renovation process, and selling them online through a "virtual dealership".

these trucks need to be saved from short-sighted high school kids that think an old toyota should be beaten on until they leave it for dead. let them do that with 80s fords or chevys.

Last edited by tj884Rdlx; 11-14-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm,how about aotomotve dyslexia?!hehe
Old 11-14-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by tj884Rdlx

i can't believe she said "that's different". the hell it is. she should have immediately understood and said nothing further about it.

every time i see another 4Runner for sale, i want to buy it. i don't have excess cash to spend, because i'd have a dozen trucks if i could.

ideally, i'd love to open up a 4Runner restoration shop, rebuilding 1st gens following a simple yet complete renovation process, and selling them online through a "virtual dealership".

these trucks need to be saved from short-sighted high school kids that think an old toyota should be beaten on until they leave it for dead. let them do that with 80s fords or chevys.

Hells ya
Old 11-14-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by tj884Rdlx

x2 GET ON THAT BRO.....
Old 11-14-2011, 06:32 PM

SHoot I feel ya ! and am pickinup what ya'll are throwin down 100shoes come on really I just told her I was gonna lift my yota and she scoffs .If I could Ide have a graveyard of yotas
Old 11-14-2011, 08:16 PM

Hang out to as many as you can! Sometimes I'm jealous of all the 4runners down south. Up here the salt they put on the roads for winter turns them all into ˟˟˟˟ so they are extremely hard to find (at least the 22re are hard to find, still v6's kicking around)
Old 03-07-2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by MB4runner
Hang out to as many as you can! Sometimes I'm jealous of all the 4runners down south. Up here the salt they put on the roads for winter turns them all into ˟˟˟˟ so they are extremely hard to find (at least the 22re are hard to find, still v6's kicking around)
I hear that, round here you watch your truck fall apart. Especially with the new "liquid Salt" :s just fixed this few months back

Happened over the course of 2yrs, was professionally painted about then.

Last edited by MaDkAtT44; 03-07-2012 at 09:45 PM.