Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

subaru 1 yota 0

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I got the plugs back in and had to add 3 quarts of oil and she started up real quick smoked like all hell for about a hour took her for a drive and and still drove strait there is some kind of click from the drivers side front wheel that I will have to inspect further but it ran fine and sounds the same as before.
now I have to find a new hard top and a front pass side fender and I will be good to go.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 PM

update things have been going slow on Friday I bought both passenger and driver side front fenders drove 4 hours total to get them but it was worth the drive.
today I painted the passenger side fender when I unboxed it I noticed that the guy had drilled a hole for the antenna in the wrong spot

so I will have to relocate it to that spot.any way got it mounted on the truck and it fit up well BUT my door is also smashed so slightly that they do not fit right so now I have to locate a door,
but that is the least of my worries every time I have popped the hood the motor looked like it was sitting higher on the drivers side then the passenger side.

so now that I have the 4runner in the driveway and getting ready to put it in the garage I crawled under it today and discovered that the motor mount had come apart at the rubber and the mount was sitting on the lower half of its self.
so it looks like I have more things to replace.

also today I bought a carb for the 86 from curtiswyant who lives in the same town as me it was rebuilt but my carb ended up being different then the one I bought mine had a extra line for egr stuff any way I ended up swapping over every thing new from the rebuilt one to mine.
and it works and more important it now starts up with out having to spray starter fluid in it.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good thing you and ur passenger are ok. it could have been worse. honestly, im surprised it didnt totally roll and land on its roof... if so, you would have had some fun replacing the body. good luck with it man, and almost the same thing happened to me a few months after i got mine, and i rebuilt it, and its still runnin good. even drove me from san diego to vegas with no problems. have faith, take care of it, and it will take care of you. quick question though... the chick was on a cell phone huh
Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 PM

I don't think she was on the phone she thought it was a 4 way stop and assumed I was going to stop but it was a 2 way stop and not in her favor.
my buddy saw her coming I looked forward to make sure I was not going to hit on coming traffic at the moment she hit me I thought we would slide out but we hit the curb and it went a whole different way then I thought.

Last edited by CyMoN; 01-23-2008 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ah... so she was stupid then. got to love them too. no shortage of stupid people anywhere
Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

Yea, I had a wreck in 03 and lately I've been going to the Chiropractor and my spine is bent sideways.

Since this is a year later did you get teh 4 Runner finished?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:06 PM

its almost done I had to put a rush on getting the body work done and since the pick up spun a bering and money is tight. so I am painting it white until I have the funds to paint it the factory blue again.

I will post up pics when it is done I have to take my computer over to a friends house to up load the pics I will post up the pics of the time line of the body work.

I was trying to save up for the fiberglass panals but I needed to spend the money on moving and rent

I get the feeling when I get it done I am going to live in it for some time right now I am Planning on a road trip.
I need to leave this town soon it is getting old and too many bad memorys. in a month or so I will go into detail but right now I cannot say much.
except the 4runner is making progress.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Progress is progress. Keep it up. Once you get it back running, cherish every moment you have with it. My truck was down for 8+ months, and there isn't a time I jump in it and smile now. I love being back in my truck, and I feel the time I had apart from it made my "love" for it grow stronger.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:20 PM

it is done just have to put the rear windows back in the hard top and figure out how to install my new roof rack on the hard top.

I still have no inter web so one of these days I will bring over my computer to my buddys house and post up the pics of my brand spanking new looking 4runner.
I am very happy with how it turned out.
I tinted the rear windows myself and it was a learning experience. but paying 38$ for the tint over paying some shop 120$ to tint windows that where out of the truck it made more sense to do it my self.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea that really sucks man. At least you 2 are all right, thats the most important thing.

If you do buy it back from insurance your title will show it.

If you do buy it back i hope its just the body damage and the suspention isnt messed up.

Best of luck to you and your passenger!!!

Holy crap this is an old thread, woops. i should of looked at the date...

Last edited by Tubbyfatty; 11-22-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CyMoN
I don't think she was on the phone she thought it was a 4 way stop and assumed I was going to stop but it was a 2 way stop and not in her favor.
my buddy saw her coming I looked forward to make sure I was not going to hit on coming traffic at the moment she hit me I thought we would slide out but we hit the curb and it went a whole different way then I thought.
So, what you're saying is that she was anticipating running her stop sign, assuming that you would stop?

That's just stupid on so many levels.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by annoyingrob

That's just stupid on so many levels.

You would be surprized how much stupid there is in this world....
Old 01-03-2009, 04:10 PM

so here it is all done at some point I will post up the photos of my build or rebuild

I still have to paint my new roof rack and figure out how to mount it up for easy removal.

later when I have my computer I will post a link to all the pics I like this truck even more now that it has sr5 seats in it and nice seats in the back and no rust holes.

only thing that sucks is I cannot drive it until I have the money for new plates and I can insure it on full coverage.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CyMoN

it just wanted its belly scratched....
Old 01-03-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tofer
it just wanted its belly scratched....
lol ya well bad dog is all I have to say about it flopping.
but over the time it took for me to finish it I found some good freebies and cheap parts now the inside dose not look like a work truck it looks nice. and those adjustable SR5 seats are comfy. that and I installed a pair of front seat belts out of a reg cab in the back so there are now real seat belts in the back I am almost afraid to drive it.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remembered seeing this thread right after the accident.

nice job on the rebuild! Looks great! these trucks sure are tough though. Mine was totaled pretty hard core and sat in a yard for 4 years... but it's been (half-assed) repaired and it's still on the road today haha.

so why full coverage?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:57 PM

so if it gets totaled again I can fix it again
Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
wow! Looks great. You cant tell it was ever flopped.

Just needs some mirrors