Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rolled my truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Willcipher
mt-goat-

You've got me curious now because I doubt the stock gauge is very accurate; I'll check out my software and see what my temps are.. I'll post the OBDII observed temp after a good flogging on the highway
Another thing, I ran the 3.0 fan and shroud until about a year ago and had no troubles whatsoever except the parasitic load the mechanical fan puts on the engine. I switched to electric strictly for performance gains
Yeah the stock dash gauge is only slightly better than an idiot light. They made it to stay in the center of the scale over a large range of temps. The OBDII scaner reads in degrees.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Count me out for the shifter counsel... I decided I'm happy with what I have.

Rob
Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob thanks for the reply. I'll sell the boot only for $25 shipped if that's all you want.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you ever head down here from STL you should give me a shout.. I'd like to see your truck! We could also do some wheelin if ya wanted.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Drifting in a toy IS fun. The problem is you have to have a niiiice slick surface and/or to keep the rear tires spinning. Once you loose traction you need to stay away from traction until you are straightened back out and going in a somewhat straight direction... (Directed at nay sayers regarding drifting a truck)

To that end I LOVE the carwash's parking lot!! I could easily do donut after donut after donut on their wet blacktop!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
To that end I LOVE the carwash's parking lot!! I could easily do donut after donut after donut on their wet blacktop!
That's probably made even slicker by the abundant use of tire shine products
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EXACTLY!

I could probably do donut after donut on my mountain bike on their lot!!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 PM

will whered u get ur grill from? looks sweet
Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 AM

Thanks dude, like I needed to hear that. Actually, it drifted rather well on a blacktop parking lot. I guess after doing it several times I assumed it would work on other surfaces as well. I attribute the difference to the extreme traction I encountered on a raked concrete lot. I certainly won't be doing it anymore.
yeah, my truck has never even wanted to roll on blacktop.
drifting pickups is more fun than cars, i think im done now though
Old 05-06-2007, 01:30 PM

Colsoncj-
I don't really get out that way but if you ever come up to STL you're more than welcome to check out my setup.

Runner4thebeat-
Inspired by the Satoshi mod, I carved up my stock 88 grill. I cut the center support and glassed/bondo'd it together. I used the stock emblem and centered it in the mesh. The mesh is extremely fancy and very expensive 2$ gutter guard from Home Depot and a little love with tin snips

mt_goat-
I'll check my temps B4 too long and let you know. Been overwhelmed with too much work and no time to even drive the truck let alone play around with it.

For the guys that PM'd me, sorry for the delay, I'll be able to dig up the parts and pics now that my home renovations are slowing down.

Last edited by Willcipher; 05-06-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:05 PM

Nice, i wanna 3.4 supercharge a 1st gen or 2nd gen truck.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:53 PM

Poster found out its not the best idea to cut donuts and a buddy of mine found out last night. He's in the process of getting a collar bone screwed and pined back together from cutting donuts in a nissan truck.. I'm glad i growed out of that foolishness years ago.. But i ain't knocking its yours do what makes ya happy
Old 05-06-2007, 06:26 PM

4runner's lookin awesome

A little off topic but I was looking at this picture and saw the gas for $2.05 Man I wish you could get gas for that in CA. Its like $3.45 here
Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 AM

Robrt32-
I won't be doing donuts anymore unless it's in gravel or dirt or snow I got lucky; rolled almost twice wearing no seatbelt with the windows down and all I got were some pretty serious bruises on my shoulder and back from hitting the pavement. My buddy landed on me and avoided injury. Both of us walked away with a few cuts from broken glass but nothing serious.

89silverpu-
That was in October.. Would be nice to see those prices now. While we're off topic on gas, I've been running 50psi in my tires on my Camry and driving like an old lady. I've managed to eek out 29 mpg city and highway on the last tank
Old 10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

...The pics are in order from oldest to newest..
So this is a pic of your new Runner right? And that is the hood scoop you said was from an eBay no longer selling? It looks really nice.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Djlarroc
So this is a pic of your new Runner right? And that is the hood scoop you said was from an eBay no longer selling? It looks really nice.
Correct. The truck looks much better now though. I'll get a new pic. The scoop was a fiberglass piece made by idmspeed.com. They are no longer making them. It was a pain to install it; I cut the hole, riveted it and bondoed it but it looked like ass so I had a body shop basically re-do it for me. The scoop cost me $50 on ebay and I paid almost $200 to the body shop to re-install it and paint it. I thought it looked alot like the factory scoop on the 3rd gens
Old 10-24-2007, 12:10 PM

Nice looking motor
I have always looked at the fan situation like either a load there and with a good clutch there is little or having your alternator load the motor running the fan ................potatoes/potatos
Old 10-24-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by n4ynu1010
Nice looking motor
I have always looked at the fan situation like either a load there and with a good clutch there is little or having your alternator load the motor running the fan ................potatoes/potatos
This is one of those debates that will go on forever. From my experience, you can get better mileage, horsepower/acceleration and, the biggest bonus in my opinion, ice-cold air conditioning by running a beefy electric fan. I ran the fan strictly for performance gains and discovered that my air conditioning is noticeably better at idle (like a 10 degree difference) idling in traffic versus the parasitic belt driven unit that only moves x amount of air at 1000 rpms.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:13 PM

This is one of those debates that will go on forever. From my experience, you can get better mileage, horsepower/acceleration and, the biggest bonus in my opinion, ice-cold air conditioning by running a beefy electric fan. I ran the fan strictly for performance gains and discovered that my air conditioning is noticeably better at idle (like a 10 degree difference) idling in traffic versus the parasitic belt driven unit that only moves x amount of air at 1000 rpms.
LOL , chicken or the egg , hahaha , which one
Old 10-24-2007, 05:08 PM

yeah i dont get it i drift all the time in my truck with the old tyres of course and if the tyres start getting traction just pop the clutch back to the nice cool haze that they put out lol but yet again i've probably rolled more cars then anyone here my neon r/t rolled her 3 times and it was only 1/2 inch from the ground (dont ask) and my 4runner when i first got her went playing and she fell over slower then anything i have seen before lol

Quick Reply: Rolled my truck