86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Bumpers Plate Style - Group Buy!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:22 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyoToler
Do you know if he would still do that? I really like this bumper, but the lack of side protection would probably cause me to lean more toward something like a trail gear tube bumper. Your version of this bumper is my all time favorite. Square plate in the rear with tube wrap arounds.
I dunno, you'd have to ask him. IIRC he said it was a one time thing since he only had his truck to go off of for measuring. He has since sold the truck. Also, there were slight differences between our trucks - I don't recall who's truck bed was offset from the frame, probably mine - but I had to slightly grind a notch on one side in order to fit the bed opening, it was maybe 1/4-3/8" off. Can't really tell at all.

I can appreciate the TG bumper especially for the price but didn't want that on my truck, I wanted a Demello Tacoma bumper, so I had mine modded to be similar.

For those with 4runners - yes it will not be a direct fit. If you look at pics of all the 4Runner versions of bumpers, they have a bent/U-shaped frame mount to clear the body. Truck versions are pretty much straight shot. The only way I see this bumper fitting is by removing the frame plates and adding different ones. If you can't fab or take it to someone who can, this is not for you.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyoToler
Do you know if he would still do that? I really like this bumper, but the lack of side protection would probably cause me to lean more toward something like a trail gear tube bumper. Your version of this bumper is my all time favorite. Square plate in the rear with tube wrap arounds.
Looks like we already have one maybe two people interested in the group buy not including you and me.

I also am interested in side armor like HighOnPottery's design ... maybe he could make it for all of them?

I will email and ask.

Definitely glad this is starting to get some momentum.

HighOnPottery thank you very much for the pictures and explanations.