86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Periodic problem, now coolant blew out the front of the engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 04:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Christmas time takes up much of my life Thookypoo I am on every day, whether I post or not.

Usually Abe beats me to posting...what with his 20 posts per day average and whatnot.
Tell me about. He's been on the forum for eight months and he's already above 6k posts. The oil cap thread has claimed it's victim....hehehe.

Alex.....apologies for not getting back sooner. I looked Friday for the thermo housing and it's not there. Sorry.

I wouldn't run the PS to the cooler. You don't want the same contaminants of the PS running through the trans. Plus, the PS system should be serviced more often than the tranny. Know what I mean?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
Tell me about. He's been on the forum for eight months and he's already above 6k posts. The oil cap thread has claimed it's victim....hehehe.

Alex.....apologies for not getting back sooner. I looked Friday for the thermo housing and it's not there. Sorry.

I wouldn't run the PS to the cooler. You don't want the same contaminants of the PS running through the trans. Plus, the PS system should be serviced more often than the tranny. Know what I mean?

He's got a manual trans so nothing hooked up to the cooler ports on the radiator.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:52 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Hehehe........

Oh, right. No problem, then. Go for it.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all good. I will just keep an eye out for one.

Originally Posted by abecedarian

He's got a manual trans so nothing hooked up to the cooler ports on the radiator.
Hehehe........

Oh, right. No problem, then. Go for it.
Ok, thanks guys. lol Yeah i had really heard of a even having a power steering cooler with power assist steering, only with full hydraulic or in boat steering systems. I thought it would make to good use of the ports. I am sure the power steering system gets a workout off road and in the snow.