Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need some help ASAP! please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick update, I'm still working through the other things.

the code 31 didnt show back up after clearing the codes but now I have a different code, 24 to be exact.

according to http://www.troublecodes.net/Toyota/ that is my intake air temp sensor? wheres that located? I haven't found anything like that
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
In the VAFM clean male side and tighten the femal side of the plug, and make sure it's on all the way
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 AM

Received 823 Likes on 650 Posts
Originally Posted by Shogun1332
I also took the hose off of that regulator, it shot fuel all over my garage
Originally Posted by Shogun1332
I'm more interested in the return regulator? Is that what it is? Why was it letting so much fuel through? ...
Fuel Pressure Regulator. How much fuel is "so much fuel"? Yes, it should shoot it all over your garage ... if you pull off a fuel line while the engine is running. (sheesh ...) If your question is: "Is my fuel pressure regulator regulating the fuel pressure correctly," what is it that you think you should do?

(And I agree; if crimping the return hose with a vice-grips improves running, you should check it. And lay off the vice-grips; they'll damage the hose for sure, and fuel hoses are something you'd like to not damage.)
Old 04-19-2013, 05:44 PM

Well its been over a month since I last visited the forum, I got frustrated with everything going on and not being able to find anything out.

Anyway, I finally broke down and just had my yota towed into the local dealership's service department to have them figure it out. It took them all of an hour and a half (which after the last couple of months I've spent on this problem seemed pretty dang good) to tell me that I was missing my intake air resonator.

I always called it the intake air silencer and I had removed it and capped it off to create a little extra space in the engine bay. I guess my cap must have fallen off somewhere because they put the stock box (which I luckily kept after i took it off) back on and it worked marvelously!

So I've been driving it around actively (i still was a little uneasy about it) for about a week now and it has been great to have a vehicle again. Anyway I just wanted to post here so that if anybody else has the same problem they can find this and not have to pay $150 for a technician to tell them they're missing an airbox.

Thanks to everyone who helped out, sorry if I got frustrated with anybody
Old 04-20-2013, 08:14 AM

I did not see that coming

Glad to hear you got it straightened out. Hard to believe it was something so simple.

Quick Reply: I need some help ASAP! please!