Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I love roll bars (56k death)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there any companies who make roll bars anymore? I know there is truckrollbar.com and I think Go Rhino makes some, but few for Toyotas. I'd like to find one without the mushroom and stuff. There are few on CL. WHO'S SELLING THEM?!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimep
Everybody has their own opinions and everybody wheels differently...Just come wheeling with my group of wheeling buddies once and see how long those lights last. I've seen guys say F- that on many occasions, turn tail and run beacause they are worried about getting a scratch... my attitude is it's way more fun when u don't care about body damage, matter of fact those dents give my truck way more characteristic. Sure they may be useful for night wheeling or chopping wood in the dark or whatever, but I'm not mounting my $200 set of PIAA's up on top of my exocage for any reason. Bought them new, ran em on my heep. Windshield brakets, and the tree branches even tried to get them there countless times there. Haven't found a good enough spot yet to mount em on the TuRD so they are taking up space in my basement for now.
this is true...very true...

i got a couple sets of 25 dollar ones with nice guards from HF. they have hit plenty of branches and held up fine. if they get smashed in a roll over...crap. ill get more. my personal opinion on roll bars/cages...i built the set i have on now. they bolt to bed, run through the cab and run down to the cab floor in 4 places where they are welded. (you cant tell in avatar) im bout to do over in favor of a cage so my winch has something decent to mount to. they would protect during a roll over...but its for more than that. i wheel alot at night and i got lights on my push bar but 99 percent of the time i switch on my roll bar lights in favor of the angle that those lights hit, much more useful. also i use my bed almost on a daily basis and they work great as a tie down. last i decided to build mine cause other than the plastic box tool boxes i didnt find any tool box that would work with roll bars, so going through the cab and then down allows for a tool box(which i think really helps even out the standard cabs). agree whole heartedly with having a truck that you dont mind getting scratched up. i personally think a dented truck with mud looks better. but that is of course my opinion im a believer in whatever you put work into and like is cool for you...
Old 11-15-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
934, your truck looks great. Hopefully if all goes to plan mine will look similar