Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!

alright guys, let the ranting begin.
well my luck has just been horrible here lately, last monday i got in my truck to head to school and noticed my clutch pedal was really loose, but physically my clutch was grabbing just fine and was not slipping at all so i drove it knowing i would look at it when i got home, so on my way home from school it got worse almost to the point of not having any clutch at all. so i get it home and start diagnosing and remembered that the same thing happened last year, turns out it was my slave cylinder, so i thought i might try replacing my master since it was original and never been looked at, so i went to nappa and got a new master cylinder and while i was there i remembered that i needed to replace a few things on my motor, ( plugs, wire, distributor cap, rotor, and fuel filter ) i knew that they had probably never been replaced, so i bought them all down there at the same time as my master cylinder. so i get home replace my master, fixed the clutch right up! so i get to working on the other stuff, get the distributor cap and rotor both replaced, and i go to take out my first spark plug and it was really tight i putt everything i had into it and the freaking thing broke in half ( not surprising since its a 22 year old plug ) so i didnt want to take a chance on the others so i have been lubing them down with some PB blaster, and i was wondering what else could i do to prevent them from snapping??? please help me out here, i really dont want to have this thing sit in the shop for another week. oh yea ive got a easy out im going to try to get the rest of the one that broke out with. PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS!!

thanks, and sorry for the long post, i needed some where to vent.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...To prevent it to happen again. I use Prematex High t emp thread lube. It is some sticky gray form that you lube it on the thread of the spark plug. ALso you only need to torq it down to 12 or 14 lbs. Probally you use too much force yanking it to left or right and twisting the spark plug to get it broking off? IF it doesn't want to come out, if it did, it ussually end up damaging the tread of the head so that is giong to cost $$$$... Oh and never work on it when its hot. So use some high temp. lube and torque it down to 12, check FSM for more detail...
Old 08-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try a high temp Anti-Seize. your putting a metal spark plug into an aluminum head. It causes oxidation and as a result, the problem you are having. You should always use anti-seize on any bolts going into aluminum.

Last edited by toyminator2000; 08-24-2008 at 02:18 PM.