Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

the bucket seat thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive always wanted to put some buckets in my taco but never had the time, motivation, knowledge of what would fit, or the money. but if anybody is selling let me know!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by dijlop
oh well. easy to put in? it seems pretty simple.
lets just say if you cant put in a new latch how are you going to do your system?!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2WDoffroadx
EWONG i love the seats
and i have never seen the double door handles before.
Smart concept, I wonder why they dont do something like that these days.
They do... usually attached to REAR door

If youever had to crawl out of the back of a Gen1... you'll understand...
Old 05-22-2007, 07:54 PM

I did put some 87 MR2 buckets in mine. The seats aren't as wide as most in the front, but they are longer than any truck seats I have seen. I had to completely remove the sliders from my split bench, and cut the mr2 sliders in half, or separate the bottom half of them from the sliding channels. I bolted some brackets I welded up to the original sliders and to the Mr2 seats. It took 14 hours, but it worked. I had to raise the front of the drivers seat 2 inches to make it work right. Some other modifications were necessary, so that the extra cab part was accessible and using the original sliders was a must for that access. The two seater car doesn't need 8 to 10 inches of slide, just 4. I really didnt want to drill hole in my floor, and trying to use the MR2 sliders would have been a pain becasue they had wacky elevations. THey were blue, in great shape and $25 each, so I took them. Turns out there are lots of MR2s in the junk yards around here, so parts are easy to get id I break something.

Something I noticed in tearing everything down: Truck seats are built much heavier than little car seats. My Mr2 seats only have seat back tilt gears on one side, whereas the truck seats had them on both. The insides of the truck seats have a lot more steel in them as well.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by trythis
I did put some 87 MR2 buckets in mine. The seats aren't as wide as most in the front, but they are longer than any truck seats I have seen. I had to completely remove the sliders from my split bench, and cut the mr2 sliders in half, or separate the bottom half of them from the sliding channels. I bolted some brackets I welded up to the original sliders and to the Mr2 seats. It took 14 hours, but it worked. I had to raise the front of the drivers seat 2 inches to make it work right. Some other modifications were necessary, so that the extra cab part was accessible and using the original sliders was a must for that access. The two seater car doesn't need 8 to 10 inches of slide, just 4. I really didnt want to drill hole in my floor, and trying to use the MR2 sliders would have been a pain becasue they had wacky elevations. THey were blue, in great shape and $25 each, so I took them. Turns out there are lots of MR2s in the junk yards around here, so parts are easy to get id I break something.

Something I noticed in tearing everything down: Truck seats are built much heavier than little car seats. My Mr2 seats only have seat back tilt gears on one side, whereas the truck seats had them on both. The insides of the truck seats have a lot more steel in them as well.
that sounds entirely too complicated. lol. all i want is somethingg that i can bolt in onto whats in there. i dont mind getin out a drill bit and blastin a hole or maybe even 2,but those seats before drop in and bolt. personally, as long as they are the right length for me i dont even care if they slide back and forth.

ps, i got the door handle and rubber stops today. door handles in. took about 2 miuntes to figure out i just needed to pull rly hard and i couldnt really break anything worse than it already was. as for the rubber stops.. those little bugers are tough. i think i just need to push them in with a screw driver.

as for the comment about not being able to install a system if i couldnt install a handle... its something new. you make know how to find the two unknown angles in a right triangle by knowing the 1st angle and 2 sides, but u may not know how to find the area of a circle. the area of a circle may be easier, but if u dont know yet, u dont know. doesnt mean u cant work a triangle. lol. im outa school for the summer and here i am making comments based on my trig class. blah.