86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

bigblockyota

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
Thats for sure. Its a great feeling to have it in there. Plus everyone has the parts even on the trail unlike the toyota motor which takes at least a week to get. The 4.3 has more power too

Sweet to here you drove it. I can amagine the traction loss

are you going efi on it still if so i think you going to love it 4.3 is a very reliable engine with lots of upgrades if you decide to use them like upgraded throttlebodys intakes ect
Old 07-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by john rumbo
are you going efi on it still if so i think you going to love it 4.3 is a very reliable engine with lots of upgrades if you decide to use them like upgraded throttlebodys intakes ect
Yeah efi for sure. Ive got a line on a 96 motor with everything from a friend i hope to get in the next week or so. Then all I need is the adapters and misc stuff but it should be much quiker than the 3.4 swap took me. Aspecialy with what I know know. I plan on also re doing basicaly all the wiring in the truck to make it even simpilar
Old 07-11-2008, 11:05 AM

Yeah efi for sure. Ive got a line on a 96 motor with everything from a friend i hope to get in the next week or so. Then all I need is the adapters and misc stuff but it should be much quiker than the 3.4 swap took me. Aspecialy with what I know know. I plan on also re doing basicaly all the wiring in the truck to make it even simpilar
very nice 96 is that a vortec style intake or tbi setup cant remember the year the changed i was thinking is this the vortec multiport style
Old 07-11-2008, 11:50 AM

very nice 96 is that a vortec style intake or tbi setup cant remember the year the changed i was thinking is this the vortec multiport style
To be honest I dont know exactly all the specs of the 4.3's but im almost certain its the Multiport which is nice and and yup its a Vortec should be perfect and it comes with everything motor wise which is great compared to the 3.4 which came with a chopped harness and no idea what year and all sorts of bad crap like that. Bad choice on my part and I spent loads just trying to get the thing going for me but all pretty much kept backfiring one thing after the other.

Comes with the hobby though so I cant frown to much on it as much as I would like to. Im sure this isnt gonna be the last swap I do
Old 07-11-2008, 09:56 PM

yep good thing about chevy is there so easy to work on and the parts are so iterchangable good choice engine toyotas have nice but they are real touchmental i have friend with one with that they drove through a river and never has driven right since no machanic can find the problem
Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude i LOVE what you did to your truck... that engine is a monster! how far did you go with reinforcing the frame? im lookin forward to more about this! if i ever do somethin like that with mine, im callin it the superbeast. good job man
Old 07-12-2008, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
dude i LOVE what you did to your truck... that engine is a monster! how far did you go with reinforcing the frame? im lookin forward to more about this! if i ever do somethin like that with mine, im callin it the superbeast. good job man
thanks man i still havent did the frame plaining on useing 1/4 inch to strap the frame around the motor area between the leaf spring perches the rest should be fine and i have 1/2 ton chevy springs uder it im trying to make it out monday locally to try it out before we take a trip to florence area this week end hopefully let you know how it turns out will take pictures
Old 07-12-2008, 10:25 PM

Old 07-12-2008, 11:45 PM

next time you do one of these shameless bumps for this bad arse 4runner post up a few pics of the J10
Old 07-13-2008, 12:37 AM

I love the front bumper on your runner where did you get it. Also i love that fact that you put a big block in a 4runner. I have never seen one. You should be able to do wheeles in that thing.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by CyMoN
next time you do one of these shameless bumps for this bad arse 4runner post up a few pics of the J10
hopefully i will have some pics of j10 this week for you
Old 07-13-2008, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jay1
I love the front bumper on your runner where did you get it. Also i love that fact that you put a big block in a 4runner. I have never seen one. You should be able to do wheeles in that thing.
hey jay the front bumper is a warn actually for a 79 chevy a few mods and it fit like a glove i love how it fits looks like this was what it was designed for wanted something to add a change from all the rest i think i accomplished it and the power is undescribeable thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 07:18 AM

thanks man i still havent did the frame plaining on useing 1/4 inch to strap the frame around the motor area between the leaf spring perches the rest should be fine and i have 1/2 ton chevy springs uder it im trying to make it out monday locally to try it out before we take a trip to florence area this week end hopefully let you know how it turns out will take pictures
might want to strap the frame around the motor, and X the frame all the way back. a buddy of mine put some huge engine in his ranchero, and a few months later he got out of it and noticed the paint rippling and stuff. he was like, wtf? so he took it to a body shop, and the frame was bent. so id HIGHLY reccomend Xing the frame all the way back. better safe than sorry. and for your frame to warp and screw up your truck that would be a damn shame.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:35 AM

Pulled the 3.4 out the other night! should have a 4.3 in the next few weeks in there. 3.4 has been to much hassle with electronics and since where wheelin I would like not to have to deal with it as much.

Just like it goes. try one thing it fails so you upgrade

Pics look great I bet that thing is gonna haul ass

We will both be on the trails soon
dont suppose the 3.4 runs, does it? if so, i doubt you'd sell it sometime soon, would ya? along with the electronics and crap?
Old 07-13-2008, 03:50 PM

How'd you cram that thing in there? I know of a guy (heard of it anyways) that dropped a big block into some small dodge truck and CUT-PART-OF-THE-FRAME-OUT to fit the engine. I was thinking "yeah, good job doing that engine swap right and not taking any shortcuts along the way; just curious, which institution did you escape from?"
Old 07-13-2008, 10:43 PM

thanks i have a lot of time in the truck it was no walk in the park like i thought it would be lots of wasted money on parts that would not work ,and lots of hours of work and head aches and plenty of boxes of bandaids but youve got to find out somehow if it would work right hopefully first of its breed the institute that i escaped from was casa grande union high school
Old 07-14-2008, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
dont suppose the 3.4 runs, does it? if so, i doubt you'd sell it sometime soon, would ya? along with the electronics and crap?
I am selling it but I do tell people that its not the best for swaps but best as a drop in replacement for a bad 3.4. the motor is still very strong but the electricle is messed and im tired of dealing with it.
If you got a new harness and ECU, the thing should pretty much be good to go. A few sensors may also need to be replaced but that depends on ECU choice and such.

yep good thing about chevy is there so easy to work on and the parts are so iterchangable good choice engine toyotas have nice but they are real touchmental i have friend with one with that they drove through a river and never has driven right since no machanic can find the problem
Pretty much the same issues as your friend. No mechanic can find my issue. Im convinced its all electricle. you get this motor up to 5k and hold it OMG it sounded amazing. Ive never heard a V6 sound that good. Internaly the motor was build but since I got it with a chopped harness and all getting all the electronic to match proved difficult and I bet is one of the main problems.

I look forward to the 4.3 and its power. Plus the ease of getting parts

Sorry for the Hijack

Keep it up
Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 AM

no problem the what the forums are for right to get info and put it out be my guest
Old 07-14-2008, 10:49 AM

no problem the what the forums are for right to get info and put it out be my guest
Right on

Cant wait to see some action shots. You try and get some video of that thing running. I would like to hear it runnin
Old 07-14-2008, 09:52 PM

heres some pics of my day out with some freinds hope sorry some are dark got dark on us the truck ran greatt but i need to work on the cooling system it kept running hot on the trail but every problem has a solution hopefully hardley never had to give it gas to climb obsticales a plenty of wheel travel [IMG]http://i307 .photobucket.com/albums/nn290/johnrumbo/Picture009.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: bigblockyota