86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

4runner roll bar, should I??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd just mount the rear lights inside the tail gate.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:32 PM

It wouldn't be a bad spot for one if you had seating there, other than that it's useless (imho).

Like Grant, didn't see his when I typed it up.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grant526
I have seats in the back of my truck. Belts and all. I got lucky and found 4 seats and complete 4 point harness' sitting abandoned on the beach in Pismo a couple years back. I love them! Althought they do limit the ability to haul much. And I've had a passing thought of adding a Runner bar too. But I'd rather build something that looks better, functions more and ties the entire bed together in a "cage" as well as going the full length of the bed. Possibly also acting as a canvas camper frame.

And on the mounting of the hi-lift. I punched a couple holes in the inner side of the bed and stuck a couple studs throught to mount my Hi-Lift on. The first mod to my truck. I love it, I also use it to mount my Shovel and the shovel has a hole in the head allowing me to lock it to the mount. Thus keeping either from being stolen.

Infact, they are the only tools that didn't get stripped out of my truck when it was stolen last year.

I also mounted my Back Up light in the center of the Roll bar, between my KC's. It's just a cheap Walmart "Utility Light" but it's bright as heck and really lights up the world behind me.
I really hope you don't roll with someone sitting back there cause that "roll bar" isn't really a roll bar...its not tide into the frame at all and is only bolted to sheet metal not to mention that the roll bar tubing isn't thick enough at all, it would just crumple and the people back there would be crushed...
Old 01-27-2008, 02:31 PM

I put one in . Cut 2inches out of the front pegs and weld the plates back on. I used it to mount my highlift,shovel and spare for now. Everyone thinks i have a 4runner with the top off...oh well i wanted it for the mounting points. Doesn't look bad but be ready to be asked why 4runner bar in a pick up.

Last edited by vwfastg60; 01-27-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:27 PM

I would not install the roll bar and instead install a custom ladder rack back there then you can mount your lights on that. I had some mounted on my truck and I ended up smashing them out on some rocks one night.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:51 PM

hmmwv15- Sorry it took me so long to get back with the pics of my Hi-ift mount.

_______

89silverpu- No, I don't intend to have anyone back there while doing much wheeling, especially not any off camber stuff. Probably Pismo at the most. Their mostly there for the look and screwing around, around town. People look at you funny and the cops are pretty skeptical till they look closer.