84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Anyone know the values of todays 85 4x4 pickup

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know the values of todays 85 4x4 pickup

When I own a 1985 SR5 extra cab,that Ive owned since 1986 when it only had 10500 miles.Now it has only 156K and that is only on the drivetrain.Being from the trans back. And all of that is in excellent cond.From that point forward.Its all new and all upgraded.A center force havey flywheel and dual friction clutch.And a much modified complete engine rebuild. With keith black pistons at 9.7-1 total seal rings clevit bearings.Bored 1mm over pro rocker shafts with added oil ports and steel back chain guides.adjustable cam gear.Crane broad range cam.Port and polish through out except around valves! To keep the stock torgue and low end power.SDS injection and ignition which is fully adjustable through out.Runs off five simple sensors and no more mass air flow choking the engine!BB tb and custom air intake setup.Solid eng and trans mounts.Plus now runs with a single belt and only 4 pulleys! Big aluminum radiator and black magic electric fan. The entire engines etc all detailed out nice! Thorley tri-y header for added low end and power through out the rpm range.free flow 21/4 exhaust into a free flow cat ,then resonator and into a tuneable supertrap muffler. Really to much to list .The engine will burn the 33x10.50 TSL radials on demand. And side drift on asphalt around corners! For a serious power increase! Full custom interior.Custom tubed bed and rollbar all welded to the frame. everything under the hood is new and all upgraded with 2 inch body lift and 2 inch HD shackles and 2 inch spring lift.body is in excellent cond full polyurethane master suspension kit.No squeeks or rattles.Perfect interior less the seats.That should be! I spent big money for beard suspension seats with fabric upgrades when I got them the seats were beautiful!However they dry rotted in storage and before any use!There trashed. just over half grand down the drain! Does anyone know what a vehicle like this is worth today? When Im thinking about selling it. PS what this truck lacks overall.Better leaf springs and heavy duty u-joints,a fual tank that's mounted up over the rear axle to help with traction and ether posi or air lockers and a low range trail gear set. And that's about it. When I built a nice strong new higher clearance cross member.Oh and a set of u-flip up front to hold axles would be nice.it also has the stock steering setup less steering arm as that's been upgraded. And very very well maintained all of its life! This is a super clean and tight truck with 156000 on the drive train and the rest is ether brand new or rebuilt. For whats rebuilt I rebuilt using all factory rebuid kits.Otherwise all top quality parts like a hi torque bosch starter and hi output 95 amp alt and all the rest like warn supreme hubs etc.All new brakes front fully updated to dual caliber and thick vented rotors new pads and rear shoes all new fluids.As is the intior all clean and super nice.Plus under the hoods all been reworked to its a breeze to work on and get anything out quick.Completely detailed.As well for all underneath the truck is all super clean and nice. This trucks not at all been seriously offroad driven.What its seen is all regular 4x4 to light.No boulders nothing bad or radical.and for its entire life!! Last miles on this engine are 200 max period. and for the rest happens to be the same.Since the 156K trucks basicly sat for the past ten years less engine.And the tires which are mounted to eagle 589 alloys with new stronger lugs on both axles.shocks are tall gas performance. That have more travel than will be used. Last I have way more hours into this truck than Id ever care to tell anyone about.When I built the entire truck.The paint and wiring metal work and mechanical all of it.

Last edited by dropzone; 09-19-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
Old 09-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Sounds like you have a lot into it. Unfortunately it almost has to be built to the way the next guy wants it to be and not everyone will want it built that way. I can see what is involved in a built truck and sometimes it is cheaper to buy a truck built over buying one but most buyers are not going to realize what all is involved and cost of a build and try and get you down on price. You cant really count your own work hours in it, just the cost of the parts. I would have a list of the cost of the parts and add them up and get a starting point from there. Most likely you will have to sell for less then that total.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen...
Old 09-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Things like having the fuel tank mounted directly over the axle may have been desireable to you but some may think having it mounted is such a fashion would limit axle travel.

You seriously need to post pictures so people can give a reasonable approximate value.