Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Women who drive first Gens? or even second gens?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future wheeling trip? All 4runners?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:14 PM

im down

Sorry hijack over

I do see lots of girls here at chico in 3rd gen 4runners and a know a few that drive 02-04 tacos.

Last edited by twitchee2; 05-20-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you always see hotties in 3rd gen+ 4runners and tacomas out here in sd. ive only seen one woman out here in a pre 85 p/u... and i dont care to see her again.... *shudder*
Old 05-21-2008, 08:03 AM

I like!

Originally Posted by Al's Chop Shop
here is my girl and her truck we just brought home this weekend. she looks damn good driving it if i say so my self.

Al
Super Cool truck!! Thats what I wanted to see!! Its cool to hear from all these girls!! KellyKel, that is really good advice. I entirely agree!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Me and My truck

Me an My Truck!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:38 AM

1st gen chick owners

I'm a chick and I love my 1st gen 4runner!! And it seems I must as I'm always working on it. I wouldn't trade it for any other truck!! Right now the trannys on the garage floor, tryin to figure out what to do next. When I bought the truck 2 years ago, the tranny in it popped out of 1st gear, and wouldn't even go into 3rd. Got lucky and found a heck of a deal on CL, $150 for used but good tranny, starter and fuel pump. Have used that tranny for the last 20,000 miles. Back in January, my clutch went out, found out the auto parts store (idiots!) sold me a clutch for a 2nd gen 2wheel drive runner! Much hassle later, got right clutch, but no throwout bearing, so I used one from an 81 pickup. Well now there is noise, didn't know if it was clutch or tranny so pulled the tranny. Clutch and throwout bearing seem to be fine. Must be tranny, I guess. No good deals this time on CL. $850 to have someone rebuild one of the trannys I have. Can't find much info on the w56 tranny, so don't want to rebuild myself. Have to figure it out, can't wait to pop top off and get her out there!! By the way, its a 22re motor, that I have worked on much, and since its in the garage with its tranny out, I'm going to fix an oil leak around the timing cover. That's todays job.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
my wife will actually drive my '81 sometimes, but she is not too easy on the cluth, first stick she has ever driven.
She wishes it had steps instead of Rock sliders.

I see a lot of girls though driving 1st Gen trucks around Portland...
Old 05-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member

I know there's at least one in Ft. Collins driving an '88(?) 4Runner. She's working on her Master's at CSU. Bumped into her at The Vineyard a few weeks ago. Has a family history of old yotas, IIRC. Told her about this board. Don't know if she's logged on yet...
Old 05-21-2008, 11:23 AM

theres one at my school who drives a second gen truck, its white and lifted. with 33s and ifs.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:37 AM

Yeah!

Originally Posted by luvmy1stgenrunner
I'm a chick and I love my 1st gen 4runner!! And it seems I must as I'm always working on it. I wouldn't trade it for any other truck!! Right now the trannys on the garage floor, tryin to figure out what to do next. When I bought the truck 2 years ago, the tranny in it popped out of 1st gear, and wouldn't even go into 3rd. Got lucky and found a heck of a deal on CL, $150 for used but good tranny, starter and fuel pump. Have used that tranny for the last 20,000 miles. Back in January, my clutch went out, found out the auto parts store (idiots!) sold me a clutch for a 2nd gen 2wheel drive runner! Much hassle later, got right clutch, but no throwout bearing, so I used one from an 81 pickup. Well now there is noise, didn't know if it was clutch or tranny so pulled the tranny. Clutch and throwout bearing seem to be fine. Must be tranny, I guess. No good deals this time on CL. $850 to have someone rebuild one of the trannys I have. Can't find much info on the w56 tranny, so don't want to rebuild myself. Have to figure it out, can't wait to pop top off and get her out there!! By the way, its a 22re motor, that I have worked on much, and since its in the garage with its tranny out, I'm going to fix an oil leak around the timing cover. That's todays job.
So Cool to hear!!

Maybe it's just me, but do the auto parts guys commonly assume some else is doing the work? It drives me crazy when that happens, but most of the time they are pretty cool.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:38 PM

Well I hate to be captain obvious here but, why does it drive you crazy?

Considering 90% of auto parts customers are men, isn’t it a given that they’ll assume someone else is doing the work?

That’s like a cross dressing man being shocked after he went into a lingerie shop, and someone assumed he was shopping for his wife/girlfriend.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:05 PM

Well, I am generally not coming in with any less information than other customers or knowlegde so I know they are making assumptions based on appearence, It just kinda is a bummer. But I mean, I know how that goes, I work on Mac Computers as a profession and 90% of all people don't know anything about their computer and I often start talking to customers like they don't have a clue... although I try to avoid those assumptions because I know how it feels when stupidity is assumed. I guess I don't blame the guys but it is a bummer, can't you agree?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 PM

What I was getting to...

I guess what i was trying to get to is there is absolutely no reason that women should not be working on/ enjoying their car other than the assumption other wise... so I am glad to meet/ hear of other girls having fun with their trucks and I would love to see more, so that assuption is not made!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 PM

Remember Nick Burns from SNL? Moove over!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM

Exactly! No one wants treated like that!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by red1983
I guess I don't blame the guys but it is a bummer, can't you agree?

Ah, don't let it get you down. If you're into your truck than cool!

If someone makes an assumption that you couldn't possibly know anything, it's only because they don't know you well enough to know differently. Keep at it and soon enough you'll be just a regular.

That said - it's a double edged blade. You have to understand that most guys are seriously turned off by "tom boys." In my experience, guys are attracted to pretty girls that smell like roses and make them feel big and manly. The desire is to find a nice girl who is tolerant of their activites, but doesn't get too involved. A girl who is too interested in doing what dudes do seriously interupts "time with the guys." Luckily for me I snagged a husband that doesn't mind when I tag along with him, and respects that I'm still a girl who can cry if she wants to.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Toyvana
Remember Nick Burns from SNL? Moove over!

"Oh by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!"
Old 05-21-2008, 03:07 PM

That stalking thing you mentioned works great...you just have to make them think it's cute, not creepy. Feces...creepy, roses under the wiperblade witg your number attached to the bow...cute.

Damn, sometimes I scare myself.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by red1983
I guess what i was trying to get to is there is absolutely no reason that women should not be working on/ enjoying their car other than the assumption other wise... so I am glad to meet/ hear of other girls having fun with their trucks and I would love to see more, so that assumption is not made!
That's why we have the "Chick's who wrench" thread
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/c...and-up-120554/

It will be nice to wheel with you soon. I wonder when Kelly Flats and Crystal/Moody are going to open up. Those trails are in your back yard!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned

My Brother's friend Mandy used to have a blue '88ish? Truck, 4X4, Factory turbo.. She Put some M/T's on it, Smittybilt front bumper, And Wheeled the out of it...

Quick Reply: Women who drive first Gens? or even second gens?