Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

floor pans??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
floor pans??

does anybody make replacement floor pans for 79-93 toyota pickups ....mine are SHOT...and i need some new ones...thanks for ANY info...or any way to fix the ones i have..i'll take pics in a few mins...
Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
no one makes replacement panels.... it sux lol
i fixed mine with some 16 or 18 i forget gauge sheet metal, i'll be redoing it in the spring as this was a quick temporary job in the pics...looks crappy

Old 01-09-2008, 05:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is that beadrolled...it looks like it...how'd u get that done..i never seen a shop around here that has a machine to do it...also...does that leak...i will probably get in some holes that come up to that...so i dont want it to leak...and tis bolted...did u just do that because u didnt have a welder...or did u choose to do that..mine are bad..im takin pics as soon as i get done with this...but my rockers are good...on the outside...but on the inside...diff story...was that 16 or 18ga hard to bend...what did u bend it with...i dont have anything..besides just random stuff laying around...it doesnt have to be perfect..im going to put Herculiner on the whole interior...just for some durability...i will weld whatever i use in there...where did you get the aluminum..idk of anywhere around here that has that kind of aluminum..thanks for the info

Ken,
Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4banginRunner
no one makes replacement panels.... it sux lol
i fixed mine with some 16 or 18 i forget gauge sheet metal, i'll be redoing it in the spring as this was a quick temporary job in the pics...looks crappy

Uhhh... How did you mount the body to the frame?

my passenger side is really bad, you would think someone would make replacement panels for these old trucks.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Slacker, who owns/works at toyotafiberglass.com looked into it and he did not feel that he could make enough money (enough market) to justify the molds etc,
My driver's side sucks:

I think it will repair it with some sheet metal with 1" box tubing to strengthen the floor
Old 01-10-2008, 02:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
is that beadrolled...it looks like it...how'd u get that done..i never seen a shop around here that has a machine to do it...also...does that leak...i will probably get in some holes that come up to that...so i dont want it to leak...and tis bolted...did u just do that because u didnt have a welder...or did u choose to do that..mine are bad..im takin pics as soon as i get done with this...but my rockers are good...on the outside...but on the inside...diff story...was that 16 or 18ga hard to bend...what did u bend it with...i dont have anything..besides just random stuff laying around...it doesnt have to be perfect..im going to put Herculiner on the whole interior...just for some durability...i will weld whatever i use in there...where did you get the aluminum..idk of anywhere around here that has that kind of aluminum..thanks for the info

Ken,
yes it is beadrolled, i have a bead roller, did it myself, bent it with a brake up at my old high school shop, its pretty easy to bend, its self tappered in because those pics are from before it was welded in, and now yes it probably it leaks, but then again it is going to be redone in the spring, as this was only temporary to get it on the street, and as for your alum. question....what alum?

Originally Posted by Island_Yota
Uhhh... How did you mount the body to the frame?

my passenger side is really bad, you would think someone would make replacement panels for these old trucks.
this pic is from b4 it was on the truck, when i got the cab on, i put the factory body mount back under the floor and bolted it up, the steel indented a bit just like factory too