Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

20r Desmog Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20r Desmog Help

I'm working on desmog for my truck and have a few issues, I was hoping y'all could help. I bought the LCE egr delete, plug kit and Webber 20r conversion. I placed the EGR plate on back side passenger head but can't figure where the other piece goes. I have also plugged the exhaust side egr run around. My issue is with the intake manifold I have coolant fittings that I don't have or need to order plugs for also my old carburetor had coolant fittings attached to the housing and Webber doesn't. I have looked on YouTube and also searched this site and others and I'm stilled puzzled. I have posted pics any help is appreciated .
Old 03-15-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On a 22R the other plate goes here.

I suggest putting a new intake manifold gasket on before you install your Weber just so you know you don't have any vacuum leaks!

It doesn't look like your 20R intake has that port though which is weird. It's usually where you would run your PCV hose when you install a Weber.

Hope any of this helps.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I've never seen one of those before but it looks like you have a "water choke" carb. I don't know how you would go about blocking those off, but perhaps you could trade in the weber you got for one of the water choke weber carb models and then hook it up pretty much the same as the stock carb.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the insight, I think I'm going to get a 20r intake off eBay or lce and make it work.