Tool Time Discussions here pertain to the use of tools you use while fabbing and wrenching in the garage

Good Deal on New Socket Set

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Deal on New Socket Set

Just saw the flyer for This today And I think I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. I've been thinking about getting a new socket set to keep in the shop since all I have right now is a 137pc set that I truck around with me for work, and it'd be nice to just leave that in the van.

For everyone who's interested I'll write some impressions on the set after I pick it up tomorrow to let you all know what I think about it. I've heard pretty good things about mastercraft maximum and it has a lifetime warrenty (real lifetime warenty, not just 25 years) and I've never had problems getting replacements at canadian tire before so it shouldn't be a problem if anything should ever break.

Just thought I'd post it here for any fellow canadians looking for a deal on a new set. If anyone else picks it up feel free to leave your opinions too.

Last edited by JasonWin; 01-11-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:05 PM

Just picked up the set a couple hours ago and so far I love it. Haven't got a chance to actually use it but it seams like a nice solid set, all the sockets I think I'll ever need. The only thing I wish it had was a 17mm wrench for romoving my transmission but hey, it is a socket set after all, you don't buy it for the wrenches. I've heard lots of good things about Maximum sets thought, people around here actually prefere them to snap-on because the customer service is so much better.

Anyway that's just my opinion. Anyone looking for a new set I highly recommend it.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM

thats a nice socket set