Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

SE4RJ 05 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 04:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
one of my favorites!!!

austin: is it ok for me to save some of those and host them on my own page? i just want to do the right thing and get permission...

Last edited by bamachem; 05-16-2005 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:32 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buhahahahaha
Old 05-16-2005, 04:45 AM

Great pics so far! Do you guys want me to compile all of them on one page and begin a trip section on my site dedicated to these trips only?

Chris
Old 05-16-2005, 05:11 AM
Contributing Member

Andy,
Sure, you can take em if you want. Or, you can take a couple and put a link to the rest of them on my page or something? I want to try and work on that pic of brian and make it look like its actually on the shirt some more... Oh, and If you want, I made you a new avatar... I think it turned out pretty well. I used a mask I was using anyway.

Last edited by turboale; 05-16-2005 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by turboale
Andy,
Sure, you can take em if you want. Or, you can take a couple and put a link to the rest of them on my page or something? I want to try and work on that pic of brian and make it look like its actually on the shirt some more... Oh, and If you want, I made you a new avatar... I think it turned out pretty well. I used a mask I was using anyway.
sweet! THANKS. yeah, i sent that to him. he said next time he sees you, he's going to park on TOP of your VW...
Old 05-16-2005, 05:21 AM
Contributing Member

How do you want to send these to arb? I want to play with them before sending them off to them, so should I send you a CD or should I send it directly to them?

And tell Brian he can do it if he can catch me...

Last edited by turboale; 05-16-2005 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by turboale
How do you want to send these to arb? I want to play with them before sending them off to them, so should I send you a CD or should I send it directly to them?

And tell Brian he can do it if he can catch me...
any way you can host them? what's the file size each? just wondering if you can email them to me when you're done. i built a sample at http://4rnr.net/arb and sent that off this morning as a teaser with a promise of more to follow.

email me at bamachem@yahoo.com so we don't clutter this thread up w/ our sidetalk...
Old 05-16-2005, 05:56 AM
Contributing Member

I want to thank Mark again for so willingly tossing me his keys to his TOW RIG! I couldn't believe it. But it was a nice change (even at 45psi :pat: ). I hope the rack works for you and I want to see some pics of that too!

Back ot,
I got a few more up...
Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member

GREAT PICTURES SO FAR ! I had a blast even if I didn't wheel Saturday
somebody had to stay and protect the ladies !

This was by far the best Jam that we have had - great people and the food ain't bad either. Let's do this again real soon.

Leon had a blast - he was so tired when we got home.

Why is Jeff's runner smoking so bad on the bridge - did I miss something ?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Doc279
Let's do this again real soon.

Why is Jeff's runner smoking so bad on the bridge - did I miss something ?
I'm game to do it real soon again, and as far as the tire smoke, they were doing burnouts on the bridge.

Chris
Old 05-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Contributing Member

Pictures look great. I am bummed I couldn't make it (memorial service Sunday) DAMN I am soooooooooo jealous now....
Old 05-16-2005, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ravencr
I'm game to do it real soon again, and as far as the tire smoke, they were doing burnouts on the bridge.

Chris
You left in the middle of the night - I saw money and thought the "tooth fairy" made a mistake ! I came home across trail 1 yesterday - It was so rainy and muddy that I locked in 4 wheel drive to keep from sliding off the road. I was driving in a cloud on top of the mountain.

Creepy and cool all at the same time. I was going to go home the long way and just as I got to the road - made the turn. Bald River Falls was running full and fast - pretty cool. I met Paul and Julie on the bridge looking at the falls.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:34 AM

Wow... what a weekend!! Even though I garnered a tad more carnage than I would have preferred, I still had an awesome time and can't thank everyone enough for helping to make it such a great trip. It was good to see some familiar faces and meet some new folks. Hopefully we can all do it again real soon. I've got a score to settle with Schoolbus!! Thankfully, Ernie was able to help me locate a new rear drive shaft, so hopefully I can have it in by tomorrow. FWD all the home was interesting...

Here's my pics from Friday: http://pics.rickbeatty.com/SE4RJ-II
Old 05-16-2005, 12:26 PM

Man, those pics look awesome!! All those trucks on SlickRock made me sick to my friggin' stomach I had to bail. My own fault pushing the mods up to the wall like that.

Glad to see you guys had such a great trip, my loss for sure. I'll get down there soon. Working on a hall pass now.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:01 PM

Yeah, you missed the best trip yet, but there's plenty more I want to run, now that I've ridden the bypasses on heli pad and gaurdrail, and slid down schoolbus. I plant to eventually run the hard route at Gaurdrail, schoolbus, and maybe give Heli pad a shot, but probably not. Then, if all goes well, I want to run upper 2, which will have been all the hardest trails at Tellico. All with IFS baby!

Chris
Old 05-16-2005, 01:03 PM

Yeah, you missed the best trip yet, but there's plenty more I want to run, now that I've ridden the bypasses on heli pad and gaurdrail, and slid down schoolbus. I plant to eventually run the hard route at Gaurdrail, schoolbus, and maybe give Heli pad a shot, but probably not. Then, if all goes well, I want to run upper 2, which will have been all the hardest trails at Tellico. All with IFS baby! Chris
Isn't Lower 2 the hard part?
Old 05-16-2005, 01:04 PM

Yeah, you missed the best trip yet, but there's plenty more I want to run, now that I've ridden the bypasses on heli pad and gaurdrail, and slid down schoolbus. I plant to eventually run the hard route at Gaurdrail, schoolbus, and maybe give Heli pad a shot, but probably not. Then, if all goes well, I want to run upper 2, which will have been all the hardest trails at Tellico. All with IFS baby!

Chris
I thought of you and Will this weekend if you made it up SlickRock and how the meats were working.

Awesome Chris. I have my issues sorted out and now the fun begins.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by synovus
Isn't Lower 2 the hard part?
Lower two requires tires larger than 35" and lots of clearance, none of which I have right now, so I'm not going to try it till I SAS my rig.

Jutty, we did great going up slickrock, and I look forward to wheeling with you in the near future.

Chris
Old 05-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Contributing Member

Hi everybody,

Well, I have to say I had a great time as well. I have an appointment tomorrow at 8:00 am to get the rocker panel pulled down enough to get the front passenger door open. I'll decide if I'm going to get it fully repaired another day.

Here is the link to my photographs of this years Southeast 4Runner Jamboree. Go to my website, choose Photo Galleries, 4-Wheeling, and you will see a link to this year's Jamboree Sherpa's Photographs

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon!

-Sherpa

Last edited by Sherpa; 05-16-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:38 PM

There are some great pictures. Well I picked up the Jeep today to figure out that all that made me from not coming to Telico was a 20amp fuse. I thought it was the distributor and all but it was fully checked over today and every thing was just fine. The reason for it bowing the main shut off fuse is still unknown but i'll have it at tellico next time and i'll run all those trails with ya Chris that you want to do. i got a wintch if ya can't make it and i'm sure i'll have to winch up it as well. keep me updated and send me a PM if were going. i was so pissed not being able to wheel but i got to work on my spotting skills.

Quick Reply: SE4RJ 05 Picture Thread