Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Phoenix Great Western Trail

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phoenix Great Western Trail

Well part of the Great Western Trail anyway!
Pics up at:
www.soaztim.com
Yes the Rover ran the whole time. No, it would not have been the first time I had towed it if it didn't.
The look of hitting a rock on the frame crossmember...

Last edited by SOAZtim; 01-22-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old post but nice pics on your site. I would like to take my wife to the south west & let her see some of the scenery, explore some old ghost town, abandoned mines etc. I made a few trips from Cali. to Ar. as a kid & would like to see N.M. & Az. again from a sweet, long, quiet stretch of country trail.

Thanks for posting these pics.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Brenjen
Old post but nice pics on your site. I would like to take my wife to the south west & let her see some of the scenery, explore some old ghost town, abandoned mines etc. I made a few trips from Cali. to Ar. as a kid & would like to see N.M. & Az. again from a sweet, long, quiet stretch of country trail.

Thanks for posting these pics.

No problem. There are some great trails all over the state. Just not enough time in the day, but thats a good problem to have.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SOAZtim
No problem. There are some great trails all over the state. Just not enough time in the day, but thats a good problem to have.
Indeed it is. It appears to me all the best wheeling spots are in the West. We used to have a lot of them here, though not as long as the routes in the West, they were fun. Now all the land (even public use land) is gated & can only be accessed a few months a year & we never had a real problem with damage or trash, there was some but it was minor. I'd like to move away from here, but that's another story.

I've been looking over a route down I-40 to the four corners, meteor crater, the Grand Canyon, lake Powell back over to Monument Valley & up through there towards I-70 on & off trails & then back to Ar. over the Rockies stopping at points of interest along the way as a vacation for the wife & myself in a couple years.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Brenjen

I've been looking over a route down I-40 to the four corners, meteor crater, the Grand Canyon, lake Powell back over to Monument Valley & up through there towards I-70 on & off trails & then back to Ar. over the Rockies stopping at points of interest along the way as a vacation for the wife & myself in a couple years.

The back way to four corners is always fun.