Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Feather River camping

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Feather River camping

went camping last weekend in the Feather River Canyon again. i love this place. as we are getting to the camp site we see there is already a fire going, someone was already there.... The river crossing that took steve and i 2 hours to stack rocks and move stuff around to get through was a joke now, bone dry and full of rocks. (later Kia's would make it down to the camp) but once we got down there we relized there was a stage, wiht lights, and stacks of speakers.... they had brought in generators and all the stuff for a metal concert... friday night there was about 16 or so people, and everyone was really nice, layed back and friendly. i ended up staying up till 5 in the morning drinking wiht this old man and one of the guys from one of the bands. saterday more people showed up, by sat. ngiht there was closer to 35-40 people. 4-5 bands played through the night. i ended up passing out in the bushes on my way back from puking.. lol i had been drinking all day after getting about 3 hrs of sleep the night before.. overall it was a blast, the bands were ok, not my favorite type of music, but for being a free show out in the middle of NOWHERE, it was cool.

now for some pics

fixing the rope swing...

water was cold, but it felt good

the fishing alternative...

gf with a loaded paint ball gun painting my trailer...

best car bar ever...

3rd band to play... last one i remember..

enjoying the show...

very everyone there was listening to metal when the bands wernt playing... exept me, i had my country blasting as loud as i could

overall it was one of the best trips up there i've had... no real wheelin but lots of swimming, and random metal concert...

on the way home i ended up helping one of the guys, he had 2 flat tires, got stuck in the creek, and ran out of gas... it wasnt his day.. i saved the day by pulling him out, and taking him to the general store for fix-a-flat and gas...