Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Nitrous Enterprises

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrous Enterprises

I have only been a member of YT for a little while but have been reading this site religously for quite awhile. This is where I first heard of NE. The idea of a soft durable spacer sounded appealing and when I saw a posting by one of their employees one day asking for 3rd gen volunteers to take measurements I decided to send them an email.

They agreed to give me an entire lift including shocks and installation for $150. (I should have known this was too good to be true). I was told the kit would be done by the end of the week and they would install it for me the following weekend (Nov 20th). 2 weeks later I had not heard from them and still no lift. They finally responded to email and appologized many times for the delay and offered me a really good deal on a lift for the wife's 4th gen.

Fast forward 10 weeks and 6 promises of 2 completed lifts later....I have nothing. I receieved emails every week saying the lifts were almost done, done, shipped, almost shipped, not done, etc etc.

I just recently asked for my money back last week and was sent a check for the full amount.

While the NE staff was very polite everytime I talked to them, I believe they were lying to me. Especially, after I had talked to their machine shop manager who mentioned "finishing up" my kit, which I was told was done 8 weeks prior. You may also remember the owner of this company posting photoshopped pictures of a 2005 lifted tacoma and fabricating a story about another company.

This company failed to deliver and cost me 9 weeks of waiting for something that didn't show. I am just glad I got my money back. I have been told of others with similiar experiences and I urge you to post them. I am trying to save someone else from going through what I went through.

Finally, if you know of someone who was once affiliated with this company and still posts on this board please know -she- had nothing to with the dishonesty and is no longer with NE.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:52 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mickdady
I have only been a member of YT for a little while but have been reading this site religously for quite awhile. This is where I first heard of NE. The idea of a soft durable spacer sounded appealing and when I saw a posting by one of their employees one day asking for 3rd gen volunteers to take measurements I decided to send them an email.

They agreed to give me an entire lift including shocks and installation for $150. (I should have known this was too good to be true). I was told the kit would be done by the end of the week and they would install it for me the following weekend (Nov 20th). 2 weeks later I had not heard from them and still no lift. They finally responded to email and appologized many times for the delay and offered me a really good deal on a lift for the wife's 4th gen.

Fast forward 10 weeks and 6 promises of 2 completed lifts later....I have nothing. I receieved emails every week saying the lifts were almost done, done, shipped, almost shipped, not done, etc etc.

I just recently asked for my money back last week and was sent a check for the full amount.

While the NE staff was very polite everytime I talked to them, I believe they were lying to me. Especially, after I had talked to their machine shop manager who mentioned "finishing up" my kit, which I was told was done 8 weeks prior. You may also remember the owner of this company posting photoshopped pictures of a 2005 lifted tacoma and fabricating a story about another company.

This company failed to deliver and cost me 9 weeks of waiting for something that didn't show. I am just glad I got my money back. I have been told of others with similiar experiences and I urge you to post them. I am trying to save someone else from going through what I went through.

Finally, if you know of someone who was once affiliated with this company and still posts on this board please know -she- had nothing to with the dishonesty and is no longer with NE.
Dear Mike - though I am new to this forum I am far from new to the aftermarket scene or Nitrous Enterprises. I have not only bought spacer kits for both my wife and myself for our 4Runners, but have also reccomended NE to quite a few toyota dealerships and major offroad companies across the nation who have been EXTREMELY happy with the products and service that Nitrous Enterprises has given them. I find what you state to not only be ridiculous but even more so an exagerated story and excessive lie. You asked for other NE customers to chime in with their experiences, so that is why I am here. Though I do not know of any of the specifics you speak of, I am seriously apalled at your blatant disrepect and public outcry for attention with your post in this thread. We all know that if there is nothing nice to be said, you just dont say it. There is no need to turn this into a debate, and that is why I am stopping right here. I believe if you truly knew what you have been told or led to believe by people claiming past involvement in NE that you would not be stating this type of review or fabrication of a story. I will respectfully quit with my defense for Nitrous Enterprises as their products, customer service, and EVERYTHING about them is top notch. You need to rethink your actions here and if you do indeed have problems with NE this is something you should respectfully contact them about. I rest my case.
- Thomas
Old 01-18-2005, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bumpsnjumps165
Dear Mike - though I am new to this forum I am far from new to the aftermarket scene or Nitrous Enterprises. I have not only bought spacer kits for both my wife and myself for our 4Runners, but have also reccomended NE to quite a few toyota dealerships and major offroad companies across the nation who have been EXTREMELY happy with the products and service that Nitrous Enterprises has given them. I find what you state to not only be ridiculous but even more so an exagerated story and excessive lie. You asked for other NE customers to chime in with their experiences, so that is why I am here. Though I do not know of any of the specifics you speak of, I am seriously apalled at your blatant disrepect and public outcry for attention with your post in this thread. We all know that if there is nothing nice to be said, you just dont say it. There is no need to turn this into a debate, and that is why I am stopping right here. I believe if you truly knew what you have been told or led to believe by people claiming past involvement in NE that you would not be stating this type of review or fabrication of a story. I will respectfully quit with my defense for Nitrous Enterprises as their products, customer service, and EVERYTHING about them is top notch. You need to rethink your actions here and if you do indeed have problems with NE this is something you should respectfully contact them about. I rest my case.
- Thomas
Don't know how you can call his story a lie or exageration, unless you are part of the company he had this experience with and/or were present during these conversations?????

Choosing today to register on the site as well as choosing this topic to reply to brings your motives as well as your connection/lack of connection to NE into question.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by firemedic
Don't know how you can call his story a lie or exageration, unless you are part of the company he had this experience with and/or were present during these conversations?????

Choosing today to register on the site as well as choosing this topic to reply to brings your motives as well as your connection/lack of connection to NE into question.
OUCH.. good one.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by firemedic

EXACTLY. First And probably the ONLY post on this board just to defend NE. [B]

Bumpsnjumps165 Let them fight there own battles. If they have something to say THEY will chime in, If other REAL members have something to say THEY should chime in.

I belive NOTHING you have said Bumpsnjumps165. and in my opion you have just Made NE Look even worse with this STUPID post.

Now go back to the JEEP forum's where you belong.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:16 AM

Bumpsnjumps165 sounds like a troll to me.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:24 AM
Contributing Member

I have 55 email correspondance if anyone wants to read them. Furthermore..that 2nd posting seems really suspicious. I have been told by the moderators that the former owner was booted from this very forum for signing up multiple screenames.

BTW do you call the photoshopped pictures of the 05 taco a fabricated lie by me? I am pretty sure everyone saw them.

Finally, I have posted this on a couple forums so you should probably go "defend" NE there too.

Have a nice day.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by r0cky
do not threaten him or call him a liar. that's not very nice.
Clarify your post Tracy; who are you talking about, Mickdady or bumpsnjumps165?

Mickdady,
Sounds like you have a legitimate complaint- nothing is exagerated or slanderous in your posts.
If you need help w/ mods to your 4th gen, post up a new thread and us 4th gen owners will be glad to help out- same goes for your 3rd gen.

bumpsnjumps165,
post up pictures of your 4Runners. If you need time to photochop it, take your time and make it look good. Spotting bad chops is no fun
Old 01-19-2005, 09:29 AM

I am telling "bumpsnjump165" not to threaten Mickdady.

"bumpsnjumps165" and AK have already threatened me with a lawsuit for speaking out publicly merely by telling Mickdady that he has the freedom to post his experience without being bullied out of it .... therefore, there is not much i am "allowed" to state here.
...which you know is untrue. You can say anything truthful about a company. That is not slander or illegal in any way.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:39 AM

that's not what the guy sending legal threats to my inbox says!
For telling the truth? Nope, can't do anything to you at all.
People in the legal profession do not send threats through emails.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cebby
Bumpsnjumps165 sounds like a troll to me.

TROLL... YUP I agree
Old 01-19-2005, 10:05 AM

I have 55 email correspondance if anyone wants to read them. Furthermore..that 2nd posting seems really suspicious. I have been told by the moderators that the former owner was booted from this very forum for signing up multiple screenames.

BTW do you call the photoshopped pictures of the 05 taco a fabricated lie by me? I am pretty sure everyone saw them.

Finally, I have posted this on a couple forums so you should probably go "defend" NE there too.

Have a nice day.
Lets see the emails.

And hear from other people that have had dealings with NE
Old 01-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

I can put them in an email to you but be aware I will edit out names to protect the innocent. Let me know how you want to see them. I think 55 emails is too much to post on this thread.

My reason for posting this on YT was to hopefully prevent others from having to go through what I have gone through. I am pretty sure that is what the "customer feedback" is all about. I made sure my post was completely factual and without opinnion. I made sure to include the good with the bad such as their very polite demeanor when talking via phone or email as well as them paying me back. I also invited others to share their experiences good or bad. I put this information out for buyers to read and make an educated choice about this company.

I don't wish any ill-will against NE and I hope they can improve their business and manufacturing practices and one day become a reliable honest vendor.

This is my experience, take it as you wish.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
This section here was created by the YotaTech team to give praise to good vendors, and thumbs down to rotten vendors.

Never feel intimidated to post negative feedback here about a vendor.
This section would be pretty useless if we could not exercise our freedom of speech here about shoddy vendors, and to warn the masses who browse these and other forums looking for positive or negative feedback before shelling out their hard earned bucks.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I can put them in an email to you but be aware I will edit out names to protect the innocent. Let me know how you want to see them. I think 55 emails is too much to post on this thread.
Mike:

Post them. All of them. Some of the past political threads and "I'm Just A Girl" were longer, yet people still read them. I'm sure the membership here doesnt mind reading about your experience, since there seems to be "people" who question your integrity. Allow our membership to decide and form their opinions based on solid facts and conversations between you and the NE crew.

NE Crew and Owner(s):

Seems to me, the owner(s), its legal team, etc are more than happy to try to cower a former employee and then troll around here and ham-handedly come to NE's defense as a first time poster. As Firsttoy said, truth is not slander (libel). So if the NE crew has done nothing wrong and has a good legal team, then they have nothing to worry about.

And Anthony/Fourunnabilly, you blew it yourself when you started signing your name as "Anthony" in your Fourunnabilly account. As to the allegations about you using multiple accounts, we remember Anthony as the infamous EdwardVedder6971 from the "300 HP Tacoma" thread, for which you got banned for your posts.

It is also true that you re-reg'd here as "Fourunnabilly" and your new pseudo name "Billy". When we confronted you, you said you are Anthony's step brother, remember? We sure do because we have the PM. The funny thing is that you failed to carry out the charade of being "Billy" (Fourunnabilly), the step brother of Anthony Krueger, when you started to sign your Fourunnabilly account as "Anthony". We also didn't need a whole lot of time to figure out that you (Anthony) and your "step brother" (Billy) had the same cars (300HP Taco, Ford Lightning, 4th Gen 4runner), went to the same school in MT, studied the same major, had the same AOL IM account name, etc, which you so unabashedly boasted about in the 300HP Tacoma thread...and then posted the same information on your own website. All of the evidence is here on Yotatech for anyone to figure out.

So yes, we didn't need to do IP checks or rely on a former employee of yours to figure that one out.

So why dont you set the record straight: did you or did you not deceive the membership here by creating a false persona? Did you employ false means of advertising on the membership here (your photochopped tacoma)? Is 96Redracer you or an ally of yours when he specifically libel'd Hanna Quality sliders in this thread reply (original thread)? And is there anything else here that you'd like to tell the membership here about the way you've conducted your business w/ REAL clients before more information comes to light from those same customers?

Seems to me, you have a problem on your hands that you need to clear up before it gets REALLY out of hand.

Just stating the facts as I see it.

- Bob
Old 01-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

Holy crap sounds like mud wrestling is in order again

My experience with NE has been pretty good. I ordered my rear spacers for my 4th Gen with custom height and got them in short order. I'm a bit anal so I think the molds for the spacers still needs a bit of work, but they are working just fine on my 4R. The material seems to be really tough and very unlikely to sag or seperate. I have posted about my Daystar and NE experience seperately.

Maybe NE is just a bit over ambitious, but at least you got your money back.

Dont know who the troll is/was, but he(thomas???) just made it a lot worse for NE rather than helps their cause.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

ok here goes, I will try and do a few emails per post. This is gonna get long.

Here is my first one responding to the YT thread. (These should be in chronological order)

Nov 8
(from yotatech forums)
not sure if you still need volunteers for 3rd gen specs but I have a
bone stock 2000 4runner I would be more than happy to take any
measurement you need. I have lots of measurement tools such as
micrometers etc.
Mike

Nov 8
Mike ... what we can offer is 3" or less (whatever height you want),
longer rear shocks, and everything else you need for the lift and can
give that to you for $150. Does that seem fair to you? Where are you
located??? Just let me know what you think of that and we can go from
there.

Nov 8
I am looking for 2.5" of lift. $150 sounds fair assuming the
measurements you need don't require massive dissassembly. (which I am
sure you don't). I am located in Seattle.

Nov 8
Tell you what. We have a shop in Seattle ... let me talk to Anthony
this evening and I'll get back to you but what we could do is agree on
the $150 and then you could take your truck to our shop, get them to do
the measurements, take it back and then when we have completed making
the kit, we would install it for you ...

I'll get back to you as soon as I speak with Anthony on this matter.
Thanks again, Mike!

Nov 8th
Hey Mike, I just spoke with Anthony and we have a shop in
Port Orchard, so when the kit is made, you'd just go to the shop and
we'd install it for no extra charge. We'll make some calls tomorrow to
set it up and could install it for you on the weekend of Nov. 20th. (or
anytime thereafter, you just need to let us know) As far as the
measuring, it turns out that we have most of the measurements so you
won't need to get any for us ... so the deal is, for $150 (which is $250
less than usual) we'll set you up with a 2.5" lift kit - including
longer shocks - and we'll do the install for you and everything.

Nov 8th
That sounds great!! Is there anything I can do to help? Of course I
will let everyone on the forum know about the service and hopefully a
rave review of the product. Please let me know if you ever need a
Guinea pig for any other 3rd gen products.
Keep up the good work!
Mike

Nov 11th
I just wanted to get in touch with you to let you know that everything
is progressing smoothly ... we're waiting for a few pieces to come in
and then we will start work on your spacers. As soon as the kit is
done, I will get in touch with you and we can set up the appointment for
you to get it installed. Whenever you are ready, just send $150 via
PayPal to info@nitrousenterprises.com.

I'll keep in touch and sure do appreciate your willingness to help!!
Any request as to color? Most of our spacer sets are red and black ...
but if you wanted something different we could easily do whatever color
you want.

Nov 12th
Thanks for the update! I will send you the money on Monday via paypal.
As for color, my 4runner is Silver so either black or silver would be
great. What color are the shocks?

Thanks again for all your guys hard work and devotion to the industry.
I am excited to work with you guys.

Mike

Cont'd

How does that sound??
Old 01-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

Nov 12th

Thanks for the update! I will send you the money on Monday via paypal.
As for color, my 4runner is Silver so either black or silver would be
great. What color are the shocks?

Thanks again for all your guys hard work and devotion to the industry.
I am excited to work with you guys.

Mike

Nov 15th
Mike,

I just wanted to let you know that we did receive your payment, and that
work is now under way on your kit.

I can't wait to see it on your truck!!

Nov 16th
Tracy,
Thanks for getting back to me. Any idea what day you guys are looking
at? Where are you sending me for the install?

Nov16
Let me talk to Anthony tonight and I'll give you a little better idea of
when to expect a call from him regarding an appointment for the install.

Nov 18th
Tracy,
Any word from Anthony?
-Mike

Nov 19th
Just wanted to write you again and let you know that I should have more
info for you very very soon. Also, you asked where we'd be sending you
for the install ... basically, it's our shop out in Port Orchard ...
it's Anthony's buddy, Ryan's, shop. Anyway, keep bearing with us here
and I will keep you updated to the best of my ability!

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving, by the way!

Nov 30th 10 days after initial install date
Just checking back in with you. Could you possibly give me a rough
idea of when the lift will be ready. I am not trying to rush you but I
have other purchases that are dependant on the lift (tires etc) and
would like to know if we are talking days, weeks, or months?
Thanks,
Mike

Nov 30th
Mike,

I completely understand your concern, and I believe we'll probably have
it for you in the next few weeks. Let me double check with Anthony and
try to get a better estimate on that so we aren't holding you up from
anything. I KNOW for certain you will have it in less than a month.
I'm just not sure which week ... so again, I'll email you as soon as I
speak with Anthony tonight or tomorrow morning.

Dec 1st

Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that upon speaking with Anthony last night,
I did find out that your kit will be ready in a few weeks. He has the
rears made, and now we are just waiting on some front measurements for
the front spacers, and then we will be ready. Again, it'll definitely
be sooner than a month, but I can't estimate the exact number of days
yet as we are waiting on a couple things before we can make the mold and
the spacers. Hang in there with us and we'll get you setup, I promise!

Cont'd
Old 01-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Contributing Member

Dec 11th

Okay, Mike ... update time! We've been swamped by finals, as well as by
a transition in our business and spacer production, so it's taken us a
little longer than expected, but I did want to assure you that
everything will be done and ready to go by the first week in January,
and I will continue to update you -- but definitely expect it by then!

Thank you so much for being so patient ... I know this has taken a lot
longer than any of us thought, but we just want everything to be perfect
for you and for your truck.

Dec 12th
Thanks for the update. The holidays have been crazy and I probably
wouldn't be able to make it over there till then anyways. 1st week in
January sounds great. Also I had a question for you. How much for a
4th gen lift? I decided to lift the wife's also! She even loved they
way they looked on your website! (btw the new site looks good!)

She has a non xreas 2004 sr5. Maybe we can work something out for me
to pick it up while I am getting mine done?

Finally, if you guys need any other 3rd gen testing for other
products, I am your guy.

Keep up the good work!!
Mike

Dec 12th

Mike,

Thank you so much for understanding!! We hadn't anticipated how busy it
would get ... but we should have!! The 4th gen. lift is $399 and comes
in any size you want ... in general, for the 4th gen., we recommend that
you do something that lifts the front 1" more than the rear (hence the
popular 4" front, 3" rear lift) because that will level it out. It'll
come with everything you need for the lift - all the spacers, all the
bolts/nuts, and the longer rear shocks since she doesn't have XREAS.

I'm so glad she liked the way they looked on the website! And I'm glad
you think the new site looks good ... I worked so hard on that and
was/am really afraid people on yotatech would tear it to pieces. So
... thank you for the compliment, as it means a lot to me!

Anyway ... if you think you'd like to do the 4th gen lift, let me know
and I'll definitely talk to Anthony because I'm sure it would be
possible to have it available at the same time as your 3rd gen. lift.

Thanks for volunteering ... when we start to come out with other 3rd
gen. products, you'll be the first to know!

Dec 12th
Actually, we'll do the 3rd gen. as planned, and if you want to do your
wife's truck as well, we can do it for $349 instead of $399.

Cont'd
Old 01-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

Dec 31

Your kit is done and ready for installation!! If you email me your
number, I'll have Anthony give you a call to set up the install date!!

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and that your New Year starts off
well!

Dec 31

This is great news!!! You just made my new year!! My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX.
I look forward to hearing from Anthony.

I still want to get a 4th gen lift also if that is possible. I can
bring cash with me or paypal if you prefer.

BTW I like the additional body lift on your truck. Looks really good.

Dec 31
Since you've been so patient, we'll set you up with a 4th gen. lift for
your wife's truck for $349 instead of $399. So, if you want to place
the order, just paypal us the $349 and we'll get right on it!!

I'll have Anthony call you tomorrow -- finally got my sliders today so
it'll be a big day. I hope you guys have a great New Years!

If you need me to, I can easily send a little PayPal invoice thing for
the 4th gen. kit if you don't want to go to the trouble of signing in
and figuring all that out - I know it's a pain!!

Dec 31
By the way ... what amount of lift would your wife like?

Dec 31

Oh right! How about 4" up front and 2.5" rear. Thank you for the deal
on the lift, you didn't have to do that.

Which sliders? BTW, just out of curiosity is Anthony here in
Washington? What state are you in?

Oh, one final question, do I need to get an aligment after the lift. I
assume I do but I have never lifted a coil over setup. I would think
it would make the camber off.

Thanks again, you guys rock.

Dec 31st
Anthony is right around the Seattle area right now, yes.

Okay, as far as your wife's lift ... I should warn you that when I ran
4" in front and 2.5" in rear, the nose was raked up like a rocketship!!
Just something to consider ... we'll for sure do any setup that you
all want, though!!

After the lift, yes, you'll want to get an alignment ... which reminds
me, I need one too. hehe

The sliders = our 4th gen. bolt-on sliders. Designed by us, made by
Richard Stubbs of Stubbs Welding. $399, shipped. You're on our mailing
list about all that, right??

Dec 31
Mailing list? Doh!

As for the lift I don't want it raked up. Level is all I want so
whatever you recommend for that. No winch planned for this one.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Enterprises