Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

minivan system. hehehe

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
minivan system. hehehe

well, moms drivin a 2001 sienna le, and seeing as its a yota, i figured replacing the blown to u know what rear speakers would be easy. and oh my goodness, it was. lol. pop off covers, couple of screws, some double sided addhesive strips, and bam, speakers were out. had to cut the wiring off the factory speakers and ghetto rig them to the new speakers so they would hook up, but no problem at all. got em in there in about 15 minutes. and i only had 4 screws left over. not bad at all if ya ask me. shoot, im still findin screws from my truck install, and that was months ago.

i put in 6.5" infinity reference 6022i series in the back. they sounded great for the couple of seconds i got to listen b4 i was booted from the van. family was leavin for somewhere. cant wait to buy 2 more pairs and put em in my dads nissan maxima. and hopefully another pair for my truck, mounted in a custom made box that im gonna run up through the middle between either the bucket seats im gonna buy, or the bench seat im gonna sawzall into 2 seats. lol. yea.

for my yota, as soon as i get the new amp for my sub, 200 bucks, i can take the oh so amazing dual amp off of my 10in rockford fosgate punch stage 2 and use it to run whatever speakers i decide to go with, be it more reference or what ever. its a 2channel amp, so i'll be able to run most likely just one more pair of speakers and leave my 4inchers conected to the head unit. oh well. sounds alright regardless.

how bout them apples?
Old 05-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think you should get a good amp for your speakers where you will hear the distortion and leave the cheap amp on the sub. You need a good amp to get those high notes....
Old 05-27-2007, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Greg_Canada
i think you should get a good amp for your speakers where you will hear the distortion and leave the cheap amp on the sub. You need a good amp to get those high notes....
thought about it, but its actually cheaper to get the mono amp to run the sub than it is to get a multi channel amp to run the other speakers. and of course i can always switch stuff around after i get it.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:57 PM

Sell that dual amp on ebay or something, You should get a lower power GOOD amp for those highs. I learned my lesson with cheap amps back in high school and will never skimp on an amp again. The amp in my truck retails for about $600
Old 06-09-2007, 12:34 PM

yea. im lookin to upgrade the ammp, dunno bout sellin it on ebay though. ive just been messin with control and settings and such on it and dont rly care too much. as of right now im focused on gettin something that i can take offroad. lookin to buy up a cheap 4wd somethin as an extra "fun/project" truck. so i cant quite start spendin on the audio as of yet. however, did fix up my dads nissan system a little bit.

new system for the maxima, 2 6.5 refrence in front, 2 6.5 polks in back. he says he doesnt want a woofer. hehehe. we'll see.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:03 PM

I previously own a Nissan Maxima which is a close competitor of Camry. That's a nice car! What best among its Nissan parts is that you don't need to periodically change its timing belt since it has internal chains for the twin overhead cams unlike others that uses belts to drive cam shaft.