The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 904_runner
I want to buy a donor truck sooo bad, but my parents are retarted and don't want another truck in the driveway for a month, or how ever long it takes.

I was thinking about trying to get one from Rancho Toyota truck, but it just came to my attention a few days ago that there is someone in the family who owns a wrecking yard. Not sure if its toyota but if it is, id be in buisness., if not, he could probably refer me to someone who could help me out

I was thinking about splicing the wiring myself, not sure yet.
As far as the exhaust, still haven't decided about headers over the ors crossover.
Ive got my Downey headers FS I could include the crossover I built for it. The wiring is pretty simple (cming from the guy who had electrical issues ) Mine were due to the previous owners f-ups and my lack of knowledge at the time. I bet you can do it all. It will save you hundreds same with buying headers and making your own crossover. Plus the headers will give you more power than just the crossover. Its all a matter of what you can do Fab and wiring wise but also youde be suprised what you can do if you put your mind to it or anything.

I know the feeling of parents not wanting another rig in the yard. Just tell them about mine and how long its been the way it is. The cops have even been called on me because of the rig in the driveway Its a driveway its meant to be dirty and have cars on it. some people need to be
Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 AM

Anywho, enuff with the chatting! lol

Wheres the pics of the new Engine going in?
Be patient my friend (I know I have ) Soon very Soon. I should have the adapters tomorrow if all works out on a deal a friend of mine has.

SOON this motor shall be alive

Pics will come as soon as I get more work done
Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha, thats a bummer about the cops being called.

I know i could probably handle the wiring, since i had that wiring nightmare with this truck. I think what i am most concerned with is the actual engine. I just need to do some more research thats all.

Quick question i just thunk up, if i were to go the hood scoop route over the body lift for clearance, does the scoop provide more air flow which would cool the engine slightly? or are they usually non-flow design, and just for looks?
Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Haha, thats a bummer about the cops being called.

I know i could probably handle the wiring, since i had that wiring nightmare with this truck. I think what i am most concerned with is the actual engine. I just need to do some more research thats all.

Quick question i just thunk up, if i were to go the hood scoop route over the body lift for clearance, does the scoop provide more air flow which would cool the engine slightly? or are they usually non-flow design, and just for looks?
A scoop will not give you better cooling unless its a functional one with a vent in front. Could also put a cowl on it and if done right it can give you slightly better cooling. I believe a body lift will give you more cooling but I doubt your really going to have much cooling issues unless you SC it.

The hood scoop looks the best IMO and its pretty much for looks but it can be made funtional
Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM

Okay, thanks for the response.

Yea i think the scoop looks great, but wasn't sure if they were functional for anything other than hood clearance.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Okay, thanks for the response.

Yea i think the scoop looks great, but wasn't sure if they were functional for anything other than hood clearance.
Not a problem dude!

Good luck with the swap and if you have more questions ill be more than happy to give you the best answeres I can.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:14 PM

Hey Thanks a bunch!!

I would like to do this today if i had the money. I would like to hope the 3.0 will last at least another summer or two, though. But until then i will continue to do research!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Hey Thanks a bunch!!

I would like to do this today if i had the money. I would like to hope the 3.0 will last at least another summer or two, though. But until then i will continue to do research!

Yup!

The infos out there for the taking

Your time will come
Old 07-21-2008, 12:25 PM

Yup!

So you getting pumped for the power difference over the 3.0 and the 3.4?

(I was pretty stoked with my 3.0 last night, cruising next to a buddy in his pathfinder on the highway, i hear him downshift and he tries to pass me, so i downshift into 3rd at like 50mph and the rpms went to 4 grand ish (only for about 5-10 seconds) and i flew by him (uphill too!). Now i really don't drive with the rpms that high (hope i didn't wreck anything), it never sees past 3500 usually. So i can't wait till i get a 3.4 in mine, maybe supercharge it and not tell anyone!

Ive driven the 3.4 in my moms auto, and the left foot gets bored, but its still a sweet motor!

(65mph in a 3.0 with 33's and stock gearing going up hill on a highway was quite an accomplishment for that motor!

Last edited by 904_runner; 07-21-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Yup!

So you getting pumped for the power difference over the 3.0 and the 3.4?

(I was pretty stoked with my 3.0 last night, cruising next to a buddy in his pathfinder on the highway, i hear him downshift and he tries to pass me, so i downshift into 3rd at like 50mph and the rpms went to 4 grand ish (only for about 5-10 seconds) and i flew by him (uphill too!). Now i really don't drive with the rpms that high (hope i didn't wreck anything), it never sees past 3500 usually. So i can't wait till i get a 3.4 in mine, maybe supercharge it and not tell anyone!

Ive driven the 3.4 in my moms auto, and the left foot gets bored, but its still a sweet motor!

(65mph in a 3.0 with 33's and stock gearing going up hill on a highway was quite an accomplishment for that motor!

Ya im excited! The 3.4 had great power aspecialy with the headers intake and straight exhaust. Not to mention it was basicaly brand new anfter I rebuilt it so the power was amazing. I was told by many people it was the best sounding V6 they had ever heard. I must admit it did sound amazing.

I cant wait to see the difference with the 4.3. I think it should help me a bit more aspecialy with the lowend as this is a tourqey motor. Ill have to see once I get it in if I can tell any differences but I do expect to see some gains.

As for over the 3.0, hell a hampster in a ball was faster No comparison gan be made because its not a motor
Old 07-21-2008, 12:33 PM

LMAO! haha!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM

Keep up the good work FillyFill. Naches is just around the corner.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by KellyKel
Keep up the good work FillyFill. Naches is just around the corner.
I know I know Ill go even if I have to walk it

I got a line on the adapter to pick up tomorrow Night I hope, so will see if I can mock up the motor, Mounts and exhaust by the end of the week. Should be a close one but I think I might just make it

I might have to get some tube also and start the front bumper at least Im gonna need something cause right now there is no protection at all up front
Old 07-21-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
I decided for my birthday, i want your truck !??

Old 07-21-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by scuba
I decided for my birthday, i want your truck !??

Ill take that as a compliment

Happy Birthday

Old 07-21-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
ahha, yess very much so.

And thank you very much.

fa sho.

to all, ill be back tomorrow. ...hopefully
Old 07-21-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
I know I know Ill go even if I have to walk it

I got a line on the adapter to pick up tomorrow Night I hope, so will see if I can mock up the motor, Mounts and exhaust by the end of the week. Should be a close one but I think I might just make it

I might have to get some tube also and start the front bumper at least Im gonna need something cause right now there is no protection at all up front
Right on. Give me a ring if you need some help or company.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by scuba
ahha, yess very much so.

And thank you very much.

fa sho.

to all, ill be back tomorrow. ...hopefully
Old 07-21-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by KellyKel
Right on. Give me a ring if you need some help or company.
Will Do. You should come check it out this weekend! I hope to be making some good steps and I could always use some company
Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 PM

let me know when you start what to see this project in action

Quick Reply: Fillsrunner4.3 crawler (PART TWO) - pic heavy!