Arizona Arizona Chapter

Spring 2008 Trip Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck hasn't left the side of the house (other than to pull it into the garage) since before Christmas. I'm pretty stoked to get back out again tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:52 AM

same here. cant wait to get out there again. been way too long. leaving here tonight and ill see you all tomorrow morning.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
So far there is only one buggy, but a lot more beater old trucks. You can resume your old position.
My truck does not appreciate being labeled into that category

Last edited by westy44runner; 02-08-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bighead
If the Moab dates change for any reason let me know. I just got confirmation I have the time off for the dates already posted.

Steve...make sure my seat is ready. I don't think my IFS can keep up with the AZ buggies.
Hey Lance, I will probably have a seat open in my "old beater truck"
Old 02-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by westy44runner
My truck does not appreciate being labeled into that category
Sorry.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

So far there is only one buggy, but a lot more beater old trucks.
Does Jim think the F-Toy will be done by then?

You can resume your old position.
I'll make that call when the trail list comes out. BTW, I'm not sure I like that wording with this crowd...

Hey Lance, I will probably have a seat open in my "old beater truck"
I might take you up on that when Steve gets tired of dealing with me.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

Does Jim think the F-Toy will be done by then?
That's what I'm shootin' for...
Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 AM

**Change of Date for the Crown King/Desoto Overnight Trip**

March 29: Lake Pleasant to Crown King, Overnight in Crown King and then run DeSoto the next day– Steve S. (Easy/Medium)

Change of date to see Ben's band that has booked Saturday night, the 29th to play at the Crown King Saloon

More details to follow….
Old 02-20-2008, 05:49 AM

We are still on for March 8, Saturday @ Miner's Revenge too. As time nears, I will post meeting place and time.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Contributing Member

We are still on for March 8, Saturday @ Miner's Revenge too. As time nears, I will post meeting place and time.
That is a good one.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Update on Trail 404 and Escalante.

As some of you are aware, I have been looking for employment over the past few months. The good news is that I found a job, the bad news is it will pretty much be taking up all my weekends after 4/29.

So, I'll be out of the group wheeling seen for a while, which is a shame because I think we really have a good group here in AZ. I will however be able to go Tuesday through Thursday if any of you have similar schedules.

In regards to how this effects the planned trips I was involved in leading...

Escalante: it will be a short trip midweek or after the summer. I'll update when I have more information, and would be happy to give tips to others who were looking forward to going but just aren't sure were to go if they want to go sooner. A virtual guide service... so to speak.

Trail 404: Never really sure how much interest there is with this one. I have done it plenty of times over the last year, but would be happy to show it to others. The catch is I can only go this weekend (3/15, 3/16) or next (3/22, 3/23). Beyond those dates, someone else would have to lead.

Not much time to plan, but I know some in the group have missed passed runs and expressed interest in seeing what's out there.

We can run 404 the "easy" way, or add some harder loops as before. Depends on who all shows up. Anyone who hasn't done it... here are some past threads.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f66/...er-8th-123446/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...7-07-a-110495/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...isited-112561/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...8-07-a-124281/

It's a good one for people looking to do a trail with some challenges in a rig that isn't fully built. Being close to town also makes things easy.

Anyway... you guys let me know what works, if anything. I realize it's short notice, but wanted to post just in case.

I also stickied this thread so we can all track it better in the future.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

Does this mean Moab is out?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

No it does not, stop worrying.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member

We'll find a way to get you out there still. Maybe on your days off we can do a night run each week. Trail 404 sure is fun at night!
We can start doing some others too.

Originally Posted by Elvota
Update on Trail 404 and Escalante.

As some of you are aware, I have been looking for employment over the past few months. The good news is that I found a job, the bad news is it will pretty much be taking up all my weekends after 4/29.

So, I'll be out of the group wheeling seen for a while, which is a shame because I think we really have a good group here in AZ. I will however be able to go Tuesday through Thursday if any of you have similar schedules.

In regards to how this effects the planned trips I was involved in leading...

Escalante: it will be a short trip midweek or after the summer. I'll update when I have more information, and would be happy to give tips to others who were looking forward to going but just aren't sure were to go if they want to go sooner. A virtual guide service... so to speak.

Trail 404: Never really sure how much interest there is with this one. I have done it plenty of times over the last year, but would be happy to show it to others. The catch is I can only go this weekend (3/15, 3/16) or next (3/22, 3/23). Beyond those dates, someone else would have to lead.

Not much time to plan, but I know some in the group have missed passed runs and expressed interest in seeing what's out there.

We can run 404 the "easy" way, or add some harder loops as before. Depends on who all shows up. Anyone who hasn't done it... here are some past threads.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f66/...er-8th-123446/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...7-07-a-110495/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...isited-112561/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...8-07-a-124281/

It's a good one for people looking to do a trail with some challenges in a rig that isn't fully built. Being close to town also makes things easy.

Anyway... you guys let me know what works, if anything. I realize it's short notice, but wanted to post just in case.

I also stickied this thread so we can all track it better in the future.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

No it does not, stop worrying.
Worry about what?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:08 PM

Moab may be 'out' for me this year...as much fun as I had last year it is not looking like I will be able to swing it this year.

We will see though when time nears.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Dude, that suck that the job will be taking up your weekends. I know I'm going to miss you on the trail runs, as will others. What will the new job entail? Anything exciting with covert operations?

I'm still planning on going to Moab. I guess it might end up being just Steve, Lance, and myself if everyone else can't make it. Is Jim planning on going? I don't know who else was planning or thinking about going. If not, more beer for us.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wait... Beer? I might be interested.

Elvota will need to learn how to do what we in the airline industry called "dial for dollars". ie: call in sick.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Like Schaefer said... Moab is not effected by any of this. Except, I won't be there. So, if any of you were planning a trip to Moab just to see Elvota on the rocks... you are gonna be disappointed.

Originally Posted by SOAZtim
on your days off we can do a night run each week. Trail 404 sure is fun at night! We can start doing some others too.
I'd like to do some more night runs for sure. Just have to figure out a way for that to work.

Originally Posted by AZ4ME
Dude, that sucks that the job will be taking up your weekends. I know I'm going to miss you on the trail runs, as will others. What will the new job entail? Anything exciting with covert operations?
Nope... nothing to exciting. It's a tech support position with GoDaddy. That's assuming I can get through training this week. It's pretty compressed, a lot to take in. Good thing is if I don't make it, my weekends will be free. Bad thing is I will be living in my truck.

Originally Posted by 111db
Elvota will need to learn how to do what we in the airline industry called "dial for dollars". ie: call in sick.
The position has some relatively good benefits for vacation and sick days... so I should be able to do some of that in the future.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Elvota
Like Schaefer said... Moab is not effected by any of this. Except, I won't be there. So, if any of you were planning a trip to Moab just to see Elvota on the rocks... you are gonna be disappointed.
I guess I worded my question badly...now I understand Steve's question. I was just asking if you if you, Elvota, were still going to Moab or not. Not if the trip was cancelled.

BTW...congrats on the job.

Quick Reply: Spring 2008 Trip Schedule