Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Slee Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Slee Offroad

Most people probably know Slee from the LC 80 and 100 communities. They have a very solid reputation. They might not always be the cheapest, but they provide great service and are really knowledgable about their products. They also invest their time and money in building or experimenting with new equipment for the Toyota offroad community.

I was one of the first people to get an OME kit for the 4th Gen. James actually found out that they had the foresight to order the OME parts from Australia to see how it will work on the 4Runner. True to their nature, they did good homework and got soem parts in. Ben at Slee was very helpful in determining what I would need for my V8 4Runner as it was heavier in the front that the Prados (originator for the OME parts).

After I Installed the kit I was uncomfortable with some issues about the rear. I phoned Ben and he helped me through it. It turned out that some we unfounded concerns, but other were valid and he shipped replacement parts free of charge. It solved the problem.

I have since ordered and recieved a fridge slide as well. It was way better than I expected and build to withstand nuclear attacks. I think the body would give before the firdge slide, very well made product.

I sincerely hope they continue on this path and bring out more equipment for the 4Th Gen 4Runner, similar to what they have done for the 80 and 100 LCs.

Maybe it is time they update their website though

I can highly recommend the team at Slee for 4th Gen 4Runners as well.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:36 AM

I'll second what Bulldog said. I had an excellent experience with Slee Offroad. Their knowledge and customer service are TOPS!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up Slee Offroad

I've bought a lot of things from different offroad vendors in my short time offroading, but I'd have to say that Slee offroad is one of the best experiences.

I needed something simple for my Hi-Lift jack mounting, so I wanted to go w/ their hi-lift mount for roof racks.

I gave them a call, checked if it was in stock, and ordered it. They told me it would ship the next day. Easy as pie.

Well two days later, I got a call from the man I ordered from at Slee. He let me know that the inventory clerk miscounted the hi-lift mounts when taking inventory, so the computer had the wrong number of mounts in stock. So basically, they weren't in stock, so they hadn't shipped mine yet. He appologized. No big deal to me... what happened next really suprised me. Here's our conversation:

Me: "No biggie, when will they be in stock?"
Him: "Did you have these in mind for an upcoming trip"
Me: "Um, not particularly, I might go out next weekend, but it's not a big deal"
Him: "Well we have some first run one's here that we made before they went into full production, they are exactly the same as the factory ones, just not painted... how about I just paint one for you and send it out to you for free."
Me: "... they are exactly the same? "
Him: "Yeah, they were the first ones we made"
Me: "you know, it really isn't a big deal, I can wait"
Him: "I'll send one out"
Me: "really, it would be my pleasure to pay for it"
Him: "Don't worry, I'll ship it out, I won't charge your card, sorry for the slip up"
Me: "really, it wasn't a big mistake"
Him: "No problem, consider it done"
Me: "okaaaay... thanks a lot"

So yeah, they shipped one out, no charge at all, not even shipping (and I'm not particularly close to them).

And again, I wasn't a customer who shops w/ them all the time, just a first timer. I don't even have a Landcruiser, so it's not like I'll be shopping there all the time or anything like that either. Anyway, suffice it to say that I'm definitely "all in" on Slee offroad.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

now thats customer service!

I'm glad they a company who has a strong sense of customer service and are actually customer service based. A lot of these companies, like Stillen, are customer service based, but just plain ol suck at it. It's great to hear that the people had the proper training and handled it in a professional mannor and did what was necessary to make the customer happy as well as keep thier loyalty/business.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder how many people saw this thread and started pondering how they too could get their own free one...No good deed goes unpunished. It is good to hear, I am yet to hear anything bad about that company.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

now thats "customer service" its little things like that, that make me keep going back to the place that I do go to. (Armorology, Stubbs welding, 4Crawler)
That was awesome that they called you, to let you you, most people/companies wouldnt even do that.

Slee, if your reading this keep up that "customer srevice"
Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm simply shocked that I got a call. My theory has always been that if it involves automobiles in ANY way, you will never get a call.

"We'll call you in an hour when your oil change is done"

two hours later (no call)

"Is my car done yet?" "Yeah, been done for like an hour!"