Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Doetsch Tech

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doetsch Tech

Despite Emails and phone calls, Doetsch Tech has still refused to resolve this issue. If anybody out there is considering purchasing a Doetsch Tech product, know what type of service you will be getting before you make the purchase. Rick Doetsch refuses to talk to customers, and Mario appears to be a pathalogical liar; Could a team get any better?

edit: updated the link
http://www.hunt4steve.com/or/failed_parts/fp.htm#dt

Last edited by SteveO; 09-28-2005 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry to hear this Steve, as I thought it had been resolved.
Be sure to post your comments in the vendor section too, as that is what it's there for.

Next time you are in contact with them, be sure to let them know that we have a lot of readers here, and that we keep a close eye on this type of thing, and might think otherwise than to part with our cash with them.

Let them know this forum is world wide too.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:28 PM

Oh man, that really sucks that they still haven't resolved this. I decided to send an e-mail to them, explaining how bad this is for their business, and how if it's not resolved they'll more than likely lose a lot of customers because I'm sure that just about everyone on this board has read about your situation. So I'm really curious to see if they reply with anything

Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent them...

Hi, my name is Braden, and I'm a frequent visitor and poster on the Yotatech Message Boards (www.yotatech.com) And we have al been following the sorry excuse for customer service that your company has had with another member of the board (Steve) has been experiencing since November 2002 regarding a set of coils for his 4Runner. Steve has gone into great detail and even put together a webpage documenting exactly what has been happening, and the pathetic service he has recieved from your company. The webpage is http://www.hunt4steve.com/Off-Road/9...r%20Suspension

All I can say is that I would resolve this situation as fast as you can, because the Yotatech boards have over 1000 members and recieves thousands of visitors per day. And I guarantee you that anyone who reads about how your company has treated Steve, will NEVER do business with your company again (Myself included). So a little word of advice, if your company wants to keep customers, you'd better resolve this issue immediately.

Thanks for your time, and I would greatly appreciate a reply.

-Braden Swain

Good luck with them Steve! I hope that it will get resolved soon.

-Braden
Old 01-19-2003, 10:51 PM

Sent a e-mail myself as well. This kind of BS from vendors cannot continue.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Banned

I'm dumbfounded that this is not resolved yet. These guys are really good at lip service but really bad at customer service.

Have you thought about consulting a lawyer to help you resolve this? I deleted the e mails I sent to and received form them. Maybe its time to clog their phones and e mail again.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Tell you what, I'm glad you put a counter on your page, and I hope Doetsch has the link. Just read your page and the count is up to 910. I Wonder how much persuasion they need.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member

Unbelievable

Thanks for the support. They do know about my web page, and have even visited it. Mario told me he was pretty much reemed by Rick Doetsch, however this still has not changed Mario's attitude towards the customer. He has told me he would take care of it, and time and time again fails to make it happen. Rick refuses to answer calls.
I talked to Gary Wheeler of Wheeler's Off-Road about it and Gary was wondering who DOES Rick talk to? What customer is important enough for Rick to talk to? Maybe Rick has a large customer out ther, Summit Racing, that he feels is important enough to talk to. However the regular customer doesn't matter. Gary has since removed Doetsch's Coilovers from his website. It bums me out that Wheeler's Off-Road is loosing out on this as well. Gary stated he couldn't sell a product in good conscience knowing the company was ignoring thier customers when they needed help.
The next to be informed is the BBB and Bizrate on the web.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

Doetsch Tech

Everybody needs to know that Doetsch Tech thinks very little or nothing about the end customer. Please, please be forwarned if you purchase a product from Doetsch Tech.

http://www.hunt4steve.com/Off-Road/9...r%20Suspension
Old 01-20-2003, 08:13 AM
Away

Good luck with all of this Steve. I hope you get your money back.

Dr. Z
Old 01-20-2003, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member

This is still going on! :eek: :eek:

Sorry to hear that Steve, I thought they had taken care of you!!!

Hopefully, in the end it will work out for you, however, you will not get back the time and expenses you incurred.

Mike
Old 01-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

Doetsch aweful service

I called Mario today and asked what the status was. He stated that everybody there has the flu, and the lady who sends out the checks was not in last Thursday. So....the check is supposed to go out today to Wheeler's Off-Road. Mario didn't state how much is was for, but said it was supposed to go out today. I asked him if he contacted Gary at wheeler's Off-Road by last Thursday and he stated that he did not. Again, another example of poor service and communication. I stated that he should have recieved some more email from people, and his response was "You know Steve....by this time I don't really care...". Obviously, I have pestered him to the point that he just doesn't care anymore. Seems if a customer is going to get anything done, they have to just wear them down until it gets fixed.
Now Mario stated he was going to get that check out, but It could still be weeks before he actually makes sure it is sent out. Givin Mario's past lies and lack of attention to detail. I doubt he actually had the check sent out. If I do get a check back, I'll let ya all know, how much and when.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

Steve-

I can't believe this is still going on! We feel your pain. I hope you can get this resolved...
Old 09-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

somebody else is having issues with Doetsch Tech, so I thought I would update the link, and put out a gentle reminder that:

Doetsch Tech SUCKS!

Here is the update link on the Doetsch Tech saga:

http://www.hunt4steve.com/or/failed_parts/fp.htm#dt

Old 09-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Been there dude...I feel your pain!

Hope it all gets worked out soon! OR period!

Bad vendors SUCK and should be hung from a tree by one...uh...you figure it out.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Contributing Member

For me, its over, and I will no longer have any dealings with Doetsch Tech on any of their products. However, for others, I'm sure their saga is just starting, unfortunately.

Brian, hows your rig coming along?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Reason I LOVE SKYJACKER.

Sorry about your dealings