Notices
Vendor Advertising Vendor's, use this area to alert members to your OEM & Aftermarket Toyota parts

Blazeland D.I.Y. weld up kit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool, I'll look forward to December. Visit the www.blazeland.us website for some answers to your questions. Also, do a forum Search here on yotatech. There is a menu list on the top of the page. Type in "Blazeland" and your find all the information and pictures you'll ever want on various shock configurations, coil over options, and a few pictures of customer rides and testimonials. The yotatech members really picked my brain. This forum topic we are on now is somewhat hypothetical in nature as I am still deciding on offering a weld up kit. Are you down with the weld up kit?

Originally Posted by BigDen82
I think I will be hopefully getting your kit in about December. What is the best shock to run with your kit? Could I put a shock hoop on and run a coilover? Also could you post some pics of a truck with your kit on it? I have a 90 4x4 reg cab and would like to have my DD match my trophykart. What would the total price be to get everything I need to set my truck up? Also shipped to Michigan. I will be talking to you soon. Thanks agian for what you are doing. Making a LT kit that a regular guy can afford.

Last edited by BlazeN8; 10-25-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i can be a tester for you...just send me the kit and I can have it welded up by a pro....

so any firm price yet? or clear road youre going to go with this?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:13 PM

If I had a nickel for every guy wanting to be a tester! Anyway, I have built the prototype weld up jig (see attached thumbnail) It will work awesome if you follow my step by step instructions. I just need to get about 10 people with deposits so I can have everthing laser cut. Here are the prices:

LCA weld up kit $100
UCA brackets $200
Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves $100
Shipping $15
Tax $32

Total cost is $447.00

You will have to supply your own Torsion Bars, Brakelines, Shocks, and T-100 axel shafts. And of course, the rear suspension.

Send me a deposit for $100 and I'll send you the LCA weld up kit. Test your fabrication skills and weld up a pair of LCAs. Then send me the remaining $337 plus another $15 for shipping and I'll send you the rest of the kit.

To get things started, send me a yotatech friend request and send me an e-mail to the address on the Blazeland website. Include your contact information and vehicle description. I'll reply back to your message with the address and a disclaimer form. You need to sign the form and mail it with a cahiers check.

Blazen8

Originally Posted by Gnargoyle(208)
i can be a tester for you...just send me the kit and I can have it welded up by a pro....

so any firm price yet? or clear road youre going to go with this?

Last edited by BlazeN8; 10-25-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
ughh
i wish i could find a job, i would totally buy an LT kit..
Old 11-03-2009, 05:18 AM

pay pal?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:36 PM

pay pal?
Sure, I'll set up a Pay Pal account, but so far just been doing checks and cash.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazeN8
Anyway, I have built the prototype weld up jig (see attached thumbnail) It will work awesome if you follow my step by step instructions.Blazen8
Looks simple and effective, great job - - I'm hoping to in on this in the near future once I finish up my front and rear regear/elocker install
Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 PM

sweet. I know you have a www.site . ive seen it a few times. any info to add to this? ie, full kit, cost of parts, recommendations for set ups, shocks, rear end set up...Not just for me, but probably for a few of us. thanks.

and let me know when you get set up with pay pall. Im goin on vacation starting thursday and want to buy your kit when i get back. thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:46 PM

Yeah I have some info to add to this but I would just be repeating myself. Do a yotatech forum search. Just type in Blazeland and 15 threads will come up where the kit is mentioned. The best two are "Toyota Long Travel" and "Home Made Long Travel" I know its a lot of reading to go through but its all in there with lots of photos an plenty of Q&A from other yotatech members. Have a great vacation.
sweet. I know you have a www.site . ive seen it a few times. any info to add to this? ie, full kit, cost of parts, recommendations for set ups, shocks, rear end set up...Not just for me, but probably for a few of us. thanks.

and let me know when you get set up with pay pall. Im goin on vacation starting thursday and want to buy your kit when i get back. thanks!

Last edited by BlazeN8; 11-04-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:30 AM

I cant wait till I get my vacation pay in Dec. LOL
Old 11-08-2009, 02:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
holy crap...that's CHEAP

what i wanna know is....i have a 4in Bracket lift on my '92 4runner...and i know you're kit gives about 3"-4" of lift..

im not feelin the 6"-9" of lift on a big 4runner...i'm often driving pretty fast around some good corners in my '86 pickup..and i will likely do the same in the 4runner..so that would equal rollover..lol

BUT..i thought about getting your DIY kit and then running maybe a 2" body lift..i want the ride quality and the increased travel of your kit..i just think it'd be nice to have...ride like a damn caddy LOL..only problem i can see would be fitting the 35's i plan on running..would your kit plus the 2" body lift clear 35's???

now i wont be running anything CRAZY..alot of low speed crawling type stuff..and the occasional trip to Little Sahara..LOL, i'll also be running a set of LC coils in the rear to gain some nice flex back there.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:35 PM

If you install the Blazeland LT with a 4" drop bracket kit- 33" and 35" tires fit awsome. The 4" bracket gives you the lift, the "long arms" give you the travel. You will not have 6-9" of lift. It will be more like 4-6" of lift. My brothers 1986 xtra cab truck has the combo kit (Blazeland / Superlift) My Fordota, also a 1986 xtra cab, has just the Blazeland LT and a 2" Body lift. They both have 33" tires. I parked them side by side and spent a good 20 minuts walking all around them scrutinizing differences. Unfortunatly I didn't have a camera, but I do know this, the Fordota stance with a body lift is very similar to my brothers at cab height. It is slightly lower, maybe 2 inches.... but the frame seems so much lower. My brothers truck frame is 2" higher and so is the transfer case crossmember and belly. I personally like the stance of my brothers truck, it looks MEANER! It looks like it could roll over bigger rocks and deeper holes.

Before I would un-instal your bracket kit then put on a body lift, I would just bolt on the long arms and experiment from there. If you don't like it then take off the bracket kit. You said you want to keep those 35's, with out the 4" drop bracket kit- you will need a body lift and some slight firewall seam flattening. I am not a fan of body lifts.

If your used to driving your 4 Runner with 35s and a 4" drop bracket, you shouldn't sketch out, the long arms will make it wider but not much taller- if you don't crank in the lift!

I'd definitly mellow out on the high speed cornering untill I got used to the driving characteristic. 35" tires are really tall and heavy for a 4 Runner no matter what suspension you put on it. Your truck could corner better than your 4 Runner because it a truck, your 4 Runner is an SUV.

A truck with Blazeland LT with out a body lift will corner! Especially with 31" tires. Have some custom sway bars made and it will corner even better. (I made some sway bars out of an old torsion bar) They really lessened the body roll. If you are into street cornering and driving fast, get a spots car not an truck or SUV. I like the 350Z.

FYI- the Blazeland LT will not ride like a "caddy" it will ride like an 1980s Mercury Grand Marquis but it will be as affordable as the Ford Crown Vic. Then what you do is swap in the V8 motor. A big torque monster motor from one of those heavy luxury cars and the soft Blazeland suspension is quite the E ticket ride!

Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
holy crap...that's CHEAP

what i wanna know is....i have a 4in Bracket lift on my '92 4runner...and i know you're kit gives about 3"-4" of lift..

im not feelin the 6"-9" of lift on a big 4runner...i'm often driving pretty fast around some good corners in my '86 pickup..and i will likely do the same in the 4runner..so that would equal rollover..lol

BUT..i thought about getting your DIY kit and then running maybe a 2" body lift..i want the ride quality and the increased travel of your kit..i just think it'd be nice to have...ride like a damn caddy LOL..only problem i can see would be fitting the 35's i plan on running..would your kit plus the 2" body lift clear 35's???

now i wont be running anything CRAZY..alot of low speed crawling type stuff..and the occasional trip to Little Sahara..LOL, i'll also be running a set of LC coils in the rear to gain some nice flex back there.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also have absolutely been dying to get this kit ever since this thread started. Hopefully this week Ill get rid of this solid axle and be able to get the weld-up lca stuff to start. I really want to keep my ifs and possibly get into some desert racing. total chaos is too exspensive.

Last edited by crazytoyota4x4; 11-09-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:08 AM

Is this going to be available on your site? Looking to get one next year.

Thanks, keep up the good work.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:46 PM

Not sure if the DYI kit is going to be on the web site or not? So far only a few people have showed interest. So far it is just a hypothetical.

Originally Posted by HAI-TEK7
Is this going to be available on your site? Looking to get one next year.

Thanks, keep up the good work.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:03 PM

Production Run!

Well here it is......fresh from the laser cutter!

Last edited by BlazeN8; 03-18-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
you'll probably be able to count me in just after the holidays . . . .
Old 12-10-2009, 07:56 AM

hmmm, i might be willing to try that.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:34 AM

any updates on this? have you gotten enough interest in the DIY kit to put it in production? i like the 'star' detail on the custom jig. ;-)
Old 01-19-2010, 01:55 PM

I went ahead and made a limited production run. I have a small number of kits available. Contact me offline and reserve yours today. My contact information can be found on the webpage.

Quick Reply: Blazeland D.I.Y. weld up kit!