Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tapered sleeve for trailmaster kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tapered sleeve for trailmaster kit?

so i went down to my local offroad shop the other day to get my 4 inch drop down bracket style trailmaster lift kit put on and they told me i was missing a tapered sleeve that bolts into the stock balljoints location. they told me i could find a replacement part from trailmaster, but the only contact information i could get off the website was an email address that i tried contacting and got no reply. there's no phone number on the site or anything. would anyone here happen to know where else i might be able to find this part? or if possible another way of contacting trailmaster?

ps. i bought the lift kit used from seth (deathrunner) here on yotatech, so it's not brand new. hence the reason why i'm missing a part. haha. thank you guys in advance for your help!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's up Alan. I know I mentioned 4Wheel Parts in the PM I sent you. Another thought I had, since you will be talking to 4WP anyway....if they can't get it from trailmaster, check Procomp. 4Wheel Parts whores the Procomp stuff out, so I know they have easy contact with that mfg. Anyway, the Procomp kit is near identical to the trailmaster, I don't see why that sleeve wouldn't be interchangeable. Maybe a Procomp sleeve will work. Just another shot.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:37 PM

cool man. i appreciate the help! i'm going to give them a call tomorrow and i'll let you know what goes down. i'm getting anxious to get this damn kit on. it's been sitting in my garage for all too long. i just don't really have the resources or the time to do it myself and i haven't had the money to have a shop do it until now.

oh and i chopped my muffler off yesterday. sounds flippen sweet and loudddddddd!!! i set off car alarms left and right as i drive down my street. muah a ha ha hahahaaa!!! just thought i'd throw that in there.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:17 PM

Is that legal???

Maybe you can order just those IFS braces I was telling you about from 4WP. I'd check into that as it will make the kit more sturdy and is probably pretty cheap if they sell the parts seperately.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:25 PM

haha no it's not legal but it sounds flippen sweet. just gotta lower the rpms a bit or coast in neutral whenever i see a cop.

hmm, i don't remember you mentioning anything about IFS braces from 4WP. if i got those, would i still need the tapered sleeve? eh? i'm confused. sorry.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:17 AM

Remember when we were talking about all the possible problems/weaknesses of bracket lifts. I mentioned a couple things worth considering.

-one was to weld the front brackets together like the superlift kit once you have it aligned.

-the other idea was to build a brace from the rear a arm support to the frame like the Procomp kit comes with.

All I was saying was to save cost, see if 4WP will sell you just the brace parts from the procomp kit. Since they were able to order trailmaster parts for me, I figure they should definitely be able to get procomp parts since they whore that stuff out.

You still need the sleeve. But they might be able to get the sleeve and braces from procomp. Just a thought.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:53 PM

i called up 4wheel parts today. i told him what i needed, but he asked me for a part number and i didn't have one. he told me i would have to get it from trailmaster. but hey, i got the trailmaster number now! i tried calling them today, but they were closed already. i'll try calling them tomorrow. i don't see why they couldn't order it for me... if they knew what i was talking about haha.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:51 PM

Take a look at who works at 4wheel parts. They ain't getting paid alot so that tells you:

1- they don't have enough skills or knowledge to work somewhere that would pay for it

2- they don't care about small difficult sales (Tapered sleeves for example)

3- They mainly see jeeps and mall crawlers so they know crap about purpose built toyotas

Get the part number and they will get ya covered.

What is that trailmaster number???

You should post it on here so if anyone else needs it in the future they will have it.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:28 PM

well, seth. i got some great news. i called around to different local offroad shops around here with no luck. i called trailmaster and talked to a customer service representive person. all they did was transfer me to the tech department and i left a message and never heard back. tried calling again, same thing. sooooooooo i decided as a last resort i would just call the shop i was getting my lift on at and see if they could order the part for me. well, i talked to the lead tech there and he put me on hold for a minute. then he came back and told me he dug through his toolbox and found 2 sleeves scattered among random parts. SWEET!!!!!! so now i have my sleeves and i'm scheduled to get the lift on this thursday. i can't wait.

oh, and i asked him about brakelines. i know you and others mentioned on here i will need extended brakelines. well, while i was talking to that tech, i asked him about brakelines. he said he can lower the bracket and use the existing slack on the metal hose to create enough slack for the rubber hose to compensate for the 4 extra inches of lift. but i'm still skeptical about it... after i get the lift on, i'm going to put my truck up on jacks so i can see if there's any tension on the brakelines at full droop. i trust this tech, he seems to know what he's talking about, so i'm not going to rush into buying brakelines if i don't have to.

and the trailmaster number is......................... 928 636 3175. there you go sir.

once i get my kit on and get it all tuned up, we must make plans to go wheelin!!!!!! weeeeeeeeee!!
Old 03-26-2005, 12:25 AM

SWEEEEEET!

I'm glad it worked out. Sounds like you have a good tech there. That's important. You can make enough slack in the brakeline, but definitely a good idea to test it.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:56 PM

i'm glad it worked out too. it looks like i'll have it on in time for the big bear trip! you're still welcome to come along if you want. it might be kind of a drive for you, but you're always welcome.

anyway, hit me up anytime you wanna go wheeelin! i'll be sure to let you know as soon as i get it on and i'll post some pics for ya.

alright seth. i'll talk to you later. thanks so much for everything!!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the invite, big bear would be fun....but I think my personality and views may conflict with the church folk, especially in a designated "church outing".

But we will definitely get together and wheel.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:39 PM

for sure dude. we'll plan a date and place to go and we'll go rompin and tear up the wilderness! bwah ha hahahaaa! just let me know in advance so i'm not workin. work is the only reason i wouldn't be able to go. my schedule changes from week to week, but i get my schedule 3 weeks in advance. so let me know what you're schedule is like and we'll set something up.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:57 PM

Definitely,

my rig will be going in for the rear in a little bit so I will be out of comission for a while, but I'll try to get something happening before then.

I'll be sad when my rig gets painted, then our trucks won't be shamu brothers. That's what some of my friends call my rig. I guess it looks like a big whale.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:33 AM
Contributing Member

Trailmaster is now owned by Performance Accessories which is located in Prescott, Arizona.

If you use the e-mail you'll never get a response, the problem is that you will have to find a Trailmaster Dealer to order the parts as PA/TM will not sell directly to you.

4Wheel Parts owns Pro Comp. So they will not really be much help on TrailMaster parts.

Try calling Performance Accessories directly, maybe they can give you a dealer close by.

928-636-7080
Old 03-28-2005, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Trailmaster is now owned by Performance Accessories which is located in Prescott, Arizona.

If you use the e-mail you'll never get a response, the problem is that you will have to find a Trailmaster Dealer to order the parts as PA/TM will not sell directly to you.

4Wheel Parts owns Pro Comp. So they will not really be much help on TrailMaster parts.

Try calling Performance Accessories directly, maybe they can give you a dealer close by.

928-636-7080
4 Wheel Parts was actually able to get me trailmaster parts very quickly when I owned the kit. In fact they tried to re-order parts of the kit that I didn't need.

Anyway, he already got some sleeves form his mechanic who hapopened to have some.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:31 PM

i actually got a response from trailmaster today. they left me a message this morning and gave me the part number. but it's too bad because i already found some sleeves. but at least they were kind enough to call me back.

haha shamu brothers! my truck looks like a whale that has acne or something. all the dents are like big whale pimples or something. hahahaa. what color are you painting it? i plan on painting mine black once i get my new roof and the rest of the body work done. it's going to look like a new truck again

on a side note, i wheeled my stock suspension for the last time today. ahhh it was nuts! we climbed this huge flippen mountain and i got over some hills and rocks i never thought my almost bone stock rig was capable of. i grew some balls today, it was sweet. i headed up with chad and charles (calrockx) here on yotatech. charles got some pics, i'll have to show ya. anyway, i'm off to bed. take it easy seth and i hope to go wheelin soon! peace!

Last edited by alanbobalan; 03-28-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:00 AM

What color do you think the Deathrunner would be......Duh, black of course.

My Celica is black too, and I'm going to Paint my girlfriend's Mazda pickup Black this week also.

I have an thing for black. You know what they say, Once you go black............
Old 03-29-2005, 06:01 PM

hahahahaha! i just thought black would be cool because the toyota pickup in back to the future is black and it looks flippen sweet. all nice and shiny and brand new.

but i got a long way to go before i can even think about paint. after i get the lift kit on, i'm saving up for a new roof. then i'm going to get an estimate for the body work on the rear quarter panels and depending on how much that costs, i might opt for putting the prerunner pickup truck bedsides on or just getting the rear quarter panels from toyotafiberglass.com and putting on bolt on flares like the ones you have. whichever is easier. the prerunner bedsides would look cool, but i don't know how strong they would be because i'd have to cut the quarterpanels behind the door and that's getting into the structure elements of the truck. but it all depends. if one of my welding buddies can weld me a tube frame to mount the bedsides onto and make it just as strong as the stock sides, then i might go for it. it just all depends. but first things first... i need a new roof.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:08 PM

If you want my rear flares, they're yours. When I do the rear of my truck of course. Probably a month or so down the road. They have some wear, but I won't be using them. We'll just call it part of the lift kit

Quick Reply: tapered sleeve for trailmaster kit?