Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

elocker swap wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elocker swap wiring problems

I swapped a 2000 prerunner tacoma axle on to my 89 4x4, I was able to get the switch, ecu and and all the needed pigtails with the axle. I found and used this wiring diagram to wire it up.

It works but the safety toggle switch doesn't work on that 4wd(gray wire), grounded or not. If I put the toggle on the ecu ground wire would that work? I want a safety switch because this is a shared truck, don't want someone pushing the button on the freeway.

Also the locked light doesn't come on, I pretty sure the detection switch on the axle may not be working. It looks like a plunger switch, its not producing a ground when the axle is locked. Anyone heard of these going bad?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I to am having a problem with the wiring on my e locker. I have a 88 with the e locker. i purchased the wireing harness and the switch form lowrangeoffroad.com and when i hooked it up, it acted like the built in limit switches would kick out to early and not let the motor run far enought to fully unlock it. I can wire it to not use the limiting switch in the motor and it works fine, but then I run the risk of burning the locker motor up. my indicator light did not work either, I took the switch apart and put it back togeather and then it worked. can anyone help me figure out what is going on with the limiting switches for the locker motor