Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1uz-fe manual transmission adapters and bellhousings sources

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1uz-fe manual transmission adapters and bellhousings sources

Not sure if I am supposed to make a post like this, Im am in no way connected to this vender so I am not advertising by any means but would love to share this resource to fellow yota guys interested in doing this swap- Ive been researching this swap for months now looking for an easy manual transmission solution and this looks like a couple nice ways to go.

This guy is selling the cnc plans to cut a custom adapter that will go to the 1uz bellhousing and adapt to your toyota manual transmission. You will need to make some way to use a clutch fork or internal slave- you can see a few examples if you read the faq and dig around on his forum. The plans are cheap- 20 bucks and you take it to your favorite machinist to plug into his computer and cut. I was quoted 200 bucks before tapping recently on this. This is by far the safest way to go as far as purchasing because your dealing locally and dont have to deal with shipping.

Dellow automotive based out of australia I believe sent me this.. prices are before tax and shipping, havent got any quotes for shipping to the US. They seem to be a reputable source.

LEXUS V8 INTO HILUX 2 AND 4 WHEEL DRIVE WITH A 5 SPEED GEARBOX

1. Cast alloy bellhousing – suits regular gearbox. Model G52 or G56 $495

Cast alloy bellhousing – suits large gearbox. Model R150F & R151F $550

2. Pilot bush $25

3. Clutch fork & clip $95

4. Clutch plate $145

5. Flywheel (steel billet) $350

6. Flywheel & pressure plate bolt kit $25

7. Pressure plate (6-bolt) $165

8. Push rod (adjustable) $25

9. Thrust race & carrier $95

10. Slave cylinder (advise which side) $75

NOTE: If you post us your original Lexus automatic flex plate we will remove the ring gear & fit it onto our new steel flywheel for $25

Your original slave cylinder fits onto the side of our bell housing. Please advise if you require drivers or passenger side.

The regular gearbox (A) has the drain plug facing the ground.

The R150 and R151F large box (B) has the drain plug running parallel to the ground.

All prices are + GST

Just found a guy selling complete 1uz-fe to w58 transmission bellhousing kits- 500 for the housing, 500 for the clutch, fork, and flywheel. He has a website ksracing.net and it looks like a decent setup, free shipping to the US. If you have the shortshaft input on your transmission he gives a spacer that goes on the end so it will still fit- unclear how that works but he sent me some pics. This guy is based out of Thailand so I I would definately make this purchase with an insured card or paypal and do some backround checking.

Alternatively you can go with the automatic a340 toyota transmission and stock 1uz bellhousing and it makes things much less of a headache if you can stand having an automatic trans. Cebby did a sweet writeup on this and has some great suggestions on how to beef up this transmission rather cheaply and easily. He is on here and also tool and fab's forum
Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
links? sounds like an awesome swap, and if you can get lucky on finding a good donor for cheap, it seems to be a pretty inexpensive swap.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let us know how you make out, I have been lusting after this engine for years.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not actually doing it, I bought a new project and parted out my toyota. I have this engine for sale, $450 in spokane, wa.