Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

When 4Runnerism Is Bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy When 4Runnerism Is Bad

Well, the cases are few and far between, but I've had an encounter. I was at a friend's house with a bunch of friends and we were all talking. Then these 2 girls come in whom I didn't know very well. Well everyone is introduced, and when it was my turn they said, "Oh yeah, you're 4Runner guy." Gosh... my name is Zach! :cry: :pat:
I have to admit I did feel a little proud though.

Zach
Old 05-06-2003, 06:11 PM

Good job! I hope the 4Runner also helped you get those girls numbers
Old 05-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

That's not so bad. I got kicked out of a Circuit City a few weeks ago. I went in to price LCD monitors. When the guy asked what it was for I told it was for an engine monitoring system (HKS C.A.M.P.). He looked surprised the asked what kind of car it was going in. I told him it was a 96 4Runner and the guy laughed at me. When I asked him what he drove, he answered "Honda Civic". I knew it was the white one in the parking lot complete with aluminim wing, ground effects, 18" rims, and a humungous "CIVIC" decal on both sides. I asked him if the decal was in case he forgot what he was driving. He stopped laughing. He started asking why I would waste my time with a station wagon and I asked why he put a $200 spoiler on a car that will never see 90 mph. A few more words and I was asked to leave. Oh well! Their LCD monitors were overpriced anyways
Old 05-06-2003, 06:18 PM

Dude, that is Saweet! Nice line asking what the stickers were for!
Old 05-06-2003, 06:31 PM

Wink Good!

That was a good one. I don't have a problem with modded cars in general, just the ones that are what I've heard called "ricey" (what does that mean exactly?). That guy was just a jerk though... no matter what he drove.

Zach
Old 05-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by HaveBlue
That's not so bad. I got kicked out of a Circuit City a few weeks ago. I went in to price LCD monitors. When the guy asked what it was for I told it was for an engine monitoring system (HKS C.A.M.P.). He looked surprised the asked what kind of car it was going in. I told him it was a 96 4Runner and the guy laughed at me. When I asked him what he drove, he answered "Honda Civic". I knew it was the white one in the parking lot complete with aluminim wing, ground effects, 18" rims, and a humungous "CIVIC" decal on both sides. I asked him if the decal was in case he forgot what he was driving. He stopped laughing. He started asking why I would waste my time with a station wagon and I asked why he put a $200 spoiler on a car that will never see 90 mph. A few more words and I was asked to leave. Oh well! Their LCD monitors were overpriced anyways

Wow, that's a good story. What a punk. I would have taken it up with the manager too.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:54 PM

shoulda bet him a LCD that you can take him in the "wagon"...that woulda been a kodak moment...
Old 05-06-2003, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by HaveBlue

There's a guy at my local CC, he drives a del Sol with stickers up the wazoo (one is for Summit racing...wtf?) I don't think he has actual performance mods...just a really really really badly installed generic hood scoop (looks like it's for a dodge truck) a bad paint job (it's better than the primer he had for like 8 months) 15" AR rims, huge aluminum spoiler, yellow painted interior pieces, all the dumb crap a ricer would need.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Contributing Member

haha, well at least they know your name. well, kinda.

and that is a good story about the civic. you sure punked him. but hey i guess you have the satisfaction of knowing you don't have to rely on stickers to make you go faster.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Contributing Member

There's a clown in my college algebra class that has a Taurus (Torn Ass) with one of those huge spoilers on the back, next time I see that goofy bastard's car I'm gonna take a picture of it and post it on Yotatech so you can all have a good laugh. I promise.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Contributing Member

I get that crap all the time when I go into Checker or an outo parts store.

I went into a place in Mesa to buy my EGT gauge a few days ago. The guy asks what I drive because I am getting an EGT to match my boost gauge, and I am also getting redline oil. I tell him it's a 4runner with a few toys and he just laughts. Turns out his was the Chevy "Extreme" in the parking lot. I should have bet him $80 in oil I could whip him to 100mph.

Dan
Old 05-07-2003, 08:38 AM

There was this jackass in my old neighborhood who had one of those 4' wings on the back of his little Mazda. I came outside one morning and the wing was gone. Some teenagers had ripped it right off the trunk without removing the bolts!! The trunk was bent upwards by the force used to pull off the wing!
I burst out laughing as soon as I saw it. Turns out the guy was on the other side of his car with this lost puppy look. I just chuckled and walked away shaking my head.
Now that was funny...
Old 05-07-2003, 09:02 AM
Contributing Member

lol, these are great. There is a guy rolling around PHX in a stock ZX2, and he put lettering on the back window that reads:

"Like a rock my ass!"

I will definetly get a pic of him the next time I see it.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Good!

Originally posted by White SR5
[B]...just the ones that are what I've heard called "ricey" (what does that mean exactly?).B]
ricey aka "rice rockets"

its b/c most people who drive them are of Asian decent.

i once saw a ricer (think it was a Del Slow or Civic hatchback) with decals on the mirrors that said "objects in the mirror are losing" riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Old 05-07-2003, 09:19 AM

Talking ha

Nice Haveblue i like it
Old 05-07-2003, 09:23 AM

its b/c most people who drive them are of Asian decent.
I don't think it is necessarily because they are of Asian decent, but because their CAR is of Asian decent. There are a lot of white dudes that drive imports too, but you still call their cars rice rockets...
Old 05-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Contributing Member

actually the term ricer refers to the fact that they are made in the land of rice aka(japan) and as the old term goes run on rice, not the fact that they are of foreign decent. there are a lot of guys from different lands on here and im sure some may have taken acception to your comment .

airrikk17
Old 05-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Contributing Member

HaveBlue - dude you're my hero! That was hysterical!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:54 AM

I've seen the best windshield sticker.....

You guys have seen the NeuSpeed stickers right???

Well this was a really dumpy Metro, the sticker read:

"NoSpeed"

I give that guy props. Damn funny.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:32 AM

actually the term ricer refers to the fact that they are made in the land of rice aka(japan) and as the old term goes run on rice, not the fact that they are of foreign decent. there are a lot of guys from different lands on here and im sure some may have taken acception to your comment .
that was exactly my point arrikk17, thanks. If an Asian guy/gal drives a 4Runner since that is an Asian truck, does it make him/her a ricer?

Sorry that quote just rubbed my the wrong way.

anyways, I have real bad 4runnerism and all my friends know it, I don't mind though, because my truck is tougher than their Chevy!

Quick Reply: When 4Runnerism Is Bad