Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

wheeling with a auto tranny

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by WATRD
Now Gadget, what have we told you about describing other members as "slow"? It's not very polite. It is much more politically correct to refer to them as "riding the short Tacoma to school". hehehehe

Got your seventh injector yet? hehehhehehe I bet that one has got a slow burn going at your house... I can feel the heat from here.
Well, I thought I was in the slow group. I went in the Blue easy group and not a one of us hit that damn tree.

The high speed guys with the fancy trucks seemed to mash the hell out of it. Odd, don't you think???

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 09-16-2003, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Gadget
Well, I thought I was in the slow group. I went in the Blue easy group and not a one of us hit that damn tree.

The high speed guys with the fancy trucks seemed to mash the hell out of it. Odd, don't you think???

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
I'm with you man, I think that is odd, but I do see the reason for it. Some people don't even try to miss the tree because they just don't care. Furthermore, it would have slowed us up pretty good to talk everyone through that climb. The rocks were wet and sloped toward the tree. I managed to stay out of that one, but then I tagged one before that.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM

Maybe I'm lost here, but when, if ever would a 5spd be better than a auto, if they both have a crawler?

I know which I'd choose in a hairy spot, and I too have had both.

I'll tell ya, in these AZ rocks I've been plenty glad I have an auto. I would imagine a 5spd would equal dented quarter panels and broken axles. IMHO.

I will go hide in the closet now.:cry:
Old 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM

I am still looking forward to getting a close look at that front end of yours.

We need to set a date for the Fall Colors Ride.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Did you not take a look at it in PA?

Lets set that date. Hopefully I will be able to make it. I am pretty sure I will not be able to make our club run at big dogs due to money. Big dogs wants way too much for a weekend of wheeling, money I just don't have...
Old 09-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by PhxTRDRunner
Maybe I'm lost here, but when, if ever would a 5spd be better than a auto, if they both have a crawler?
A manual would be better if they're both out of fluid.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:32 AM

Originally posted by 44Runner
Did you not take a look at it in PA?

Lets set that date. Hopefully I will be able to make it. I am pretty sure I will not be able to make our club run at big dogs due to money. Big dogs wants way too much for a weekend of wheeling, money I just don't have...
I only saw it from a distance. I ment to get over and check it out closely, but it just did not work out. When ever I was in camp and so was your truck the storm was just blowing to hard.

With this huricane coming in now, I think it is time for wheeling! I am getting really used to wheeling in the rain.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 09-17-2003, 06:57 AM

I only saw it from a distance. I ment to get over and check it out closely, but it just did not work out. When ever I was in camp and so was your truck the storm was just blowing to hard.

With this huricane coming in now, I think it is time for wheeling! I am getting really used to wheeling in the rain.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
I hear that man, all of us were huddled in groups under tarps that whole weekend. Oh well, I will probably run up to GW if we end up having fall colors there and if not and it is paragon again, I am sure I will try and swing that as well but with the longer distance and the more money there would be no promises during the school year. Its too bad we didn't get to hang out more in PA cause of all the freakin rain. We'll have to drink a few at Fall colors to make up for it!