Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

what could this be?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what could this be?

alright here is the story me and a buddy of mine were out on some trails well we come and one and of course nothin ever goes my way so i get stuck....we dig and dig and pull and pull and im not goin anywhere so finally we call a buddy of mine with a jeep on 35's and he gets me out...so when im drivin down the road after i get out of the hole my steerin wheel is shakin like crazy back and forth...and when i hit about 40+mph my car shakes alot...it has never done this until today...does anyone know what it might be.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by jtm994
alright here is the story me and a buddy of mine were out on some trails well we come and one and of course nothin ever goes my way so i get stuck....we dig and dig and pull and pull and im not goin anywhere so finally we call a buddy of mine with a jeep on 35's and he gets me out...so when im drivin down the road after i get out of the hole my steerin wheel is shakin like crazy back and forth...and when i hit about 40+mph my car shakes alot...it has never done this until today...does anyone know what it might be.
Could there be mud stuck in the brakes or in the wheels? That could throw the wheels out of balance. Also, check to see if you have thrown any wheel weights that were used to balance your tires. I have lost them offroad a few times.

I don't know if this could happen or not without blowing a bead, but maybe your tire rotated on the rim some which put it out of balance. My first guess would be the mud stuck somewhere.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

check for mud stuck anywhere... even on not only the tires/wheels but anything that rotates like your driveshafts... i used to work @ a tire place, a couple of the guys i worked with put a bunch of tape weights for alloy rims on one side of my driveshaft... when i started driving later that day, i kept hearing loud thuds, i thought my wheels were loose and the lugs were falling off due to the insane amount of vibration i pulled over to look and say all my wheels were tight, and saw new little white retangular strips on my driveshaft... instantly, i was like those punks, thats the same residue tape weights leave behind.....
Old 01-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Banned

also check to be sure your tires are re-inflated (if you aired down for the trails)..
Old 01-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Contributing Member

Bet you busted a belt on your tire.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by 03TRDBlack
Could there be mud stuck in the brakes or in the wheels? That could throw the wheels out of balance. Also, check to see if you have thrown any wheel weights that were used to balance your tires. I have lost them offroad a few times.

I don't know if this could happen or not without blowing a bead, but maybe your tire rotated on the rim some which put it out of balance. My first guess would be the mud stuck somewhere.
if the mudd was all inside the the wheels that would casue it to shake like that? b/c i washed up under it real good but ill check it again around the wheels.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jtm994
if the mudd was all inside the the wheels that would casue it to shake like that? b/c i washed up under it real good but ill check it again around the wheels.

OH yeah, mud in the wheels will make it shake like the truck is going to exsplode.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:18 AM

im gonna clean them out really good today and see what happends...thanks