Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

trd decal on a 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 10:20 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trd decal on a 4runner

hey i know some of you have put trd decals on your 4runners...and i was just wondering how exactly you did, or anything i should know before i put mine on. the instrucions that came with the decals said that there would be a white haze for a few days after i put them on. has anyone else seen this?
Old 10-15-2002, 01:15 AM
Contributing Member

Cal when Luke and I did mine we used a very diluted formula of windex and that way you can move it around for a little bit once you stick it on. Make sure you don't have too much soap or it won't evaporate for a long time. Once you get it on rub it down with something with a blunt edge. I think we actually used a wooden spatula edge out of the kitchen...hehehe but it worked. As far as the haze I didn't see anything. Then again my truck is white too. The hardest part of the install was getting them both in the same spot on the sides and getting them straight. Good luck
Old 10-15-2002, 05:18 AM

You can also use a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. I use to tint windows for 5 years and that's what we used for applying the tint...it allows you to move it around before you squeegee it down. I recently converted my Tundra to an Ivan Stewart edition and replaced my stock TRD decals with the Ivan Stewart decals. I used the same solution to put the new decal on and allowed me to move it around to where I wanted it.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:00 AM
Contributing Member

Searched around, and this thread is the closest I came. I just got my Silver/Grey decals and had a question.

Anyone have advice on methods used to place them on your rig (measurements from certain points?) and cutting their decal to accomodate the fuel door? I'm trying to gather information before I screw it up and buy new ones!

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:38 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: trd decal on a 4runner

Originally posted by calrockx
hey i know some of you have put trd decals on your 4runners...and i was just wondering how exactly you did, or anything i should know before i put mine on. the instrucions that came with the decals said that there would be a white haze for a few days after i put them on. has anyone else seen this?
I got mine from the aftermarket place in Canada for $15 and just followed the directions. I used Windex to spray the area so I could move it around after I placed it and then just used a squeegee. I started with the GAS TANK side and did that first and then measured it appropriately to find out where to put the decals on the PASSENGER side. After I had let them dry about an hour I then went back, took off the outer paper, and CUT the decal accordingly with an EXACTO knife on the GAS TANK and folded the excess up into the gap there and made sure it was firmly attached. I experienced no hazing and it looks very good! Whole process took less than two hours from start to finished product and most of that time was just waiting for it to dry so I could remove the outer paper. A very easy mod IMO and makes your rig stand out!

Hope this helps!

Brian

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 10-28-2003 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:46 AM
Contributing Member

What was the website for those $15 stickers;I had it written down and now I can't find it?

I have a dark red 4Runner and I was thinking the silver/charcoal TRDS would look good on it.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:51 AM
Banned

TRD decals

Originally posted by X-AWDriver
What was the website for those $15 stickers;I had it written down and now I can't find it?

I have a dark red 4Runner and I was thinking the silver/charcoal TRDS would look good on it.
Here is the link for the place in Canada:

http://www.streetgraphics.net/catalo...g.toyota.shtml

EDIT: sorry for the previous bad link!

Brian

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 10-28-2003 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:58 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks! That's all I needed, and great pic, gives me a perfect idea of what they will look like on my black rig.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks,I'll be ordering a set soon. I still can't believe the stealership wants $50 for one sticker.:pat:
Old 10-28-2003, 06:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Click Here for the correct link to the TRD Decals

I have a question for ya then, I have a Sunfire Metallic Limited that has the bronze/oak colored flares and bumpers...

What TRD Decal color would look best? Silver wouldn't look right because of the Bronze trim. Neither would anything with the bright red. Any suggestions or pics of Sunfire Limiteds with TRD Decals?

I'm thinking that the Black/Charcoal would be the best...

Last edited by bamachem; 10-28-2003 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

Contact the guy and see if he'll do a certain color combo for you? Usually they will I think and it would be unique to your vehicle!

Thats what I would do, your Runner unfortunately not matched up well to the stock decal color combos...why get something that just isnt quite right?
Old 10-28-2003, 07:29 AM

The thought briefly crossed my mind to do this to my pickup, but it doesn't have anything TRD on it. Do any of you feel bad about putting the sticker on there without having a trace of TRD anywhere else, or did it never cross your mind? That's why I started to shy away from the idea... I don't want to put that on there and have people who know toyotas look at it and say "Poser".

I don't mean for this to sound like I am bashing any of you or your choice to do the sticker, I am just curious if you've thought about it, or if you've gotten any flack for it?
Old 10-28-2003, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Plays_with_Toys
... and have people who know toyotas look at it and say "Poser"...
ohhhhh, Brian, did he just call your rig a "poser"? LOL!

Naah, since Toyota neglected to offer a TRD package on 3rd gens, some people have decided to build their own...

TRD Off Road package = Bilstein Shocks & Progressive-rate Coils with a Rear Diff Locker (or maybe the locker is only with the TRD packages on the Prerunners - i dunno). I'd say Brian's rig will be far superior to any stock TRD Taco before he's done with it...
Old 10-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Contributing Member

What's the big deal;you have alot of people with 2wd Runners that put lifts and big tires on their trucks and isn't that sort of "posing" if you can barely even drive it in the snow?

I don't think a TRD sticker is that bad but I do agree,maybe at least throw on a couple mods and call it a TRD. I'm doing Bilsteins and H&R springs next month and then the TRD sticker is going on.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

I don't want to put that on there and have people who know toyotas look at it and say "Poser".

I have had a Toyota Salesman come up to my 4Runner and ask how I got the TRD package on it. But no one has called me a poser. Maybe its because I have a couple of TRD products under my hood..
Old 10-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

I've got a 2nd gen so I will probably have to put some TRD stuff on it before I can put the stickers on...but I will go with the same setup as Brian...we both have black rigs and I think those stickers look AWESOME on his truck!

Fink
Old 10-28-2003, 12:35 PM

I meant no disrespect whatsoever. I don't think someone is posing just for putting on the sticker. I guess I have more reservation to put one on my truck since its far from being modded, the only "performance" goodies on it are rancho 5000's and the BFG A/Ts, and it doesn't take much to get those I think I am just going to find me some of the chrome-ish lettering that says toyota for the back of my truck, leave the rest plain jane.

Like I said, I meant no disrespect.

BTW, do you have a pic further away from the truck, so I can see how the whole package looks with the sticker on there?
Old 10-28-2003, 12:40 PM

I still can't believe the stealership wants $50 for one sticker
Thats alot. I called my local dealer and they said 40 for the set. but he only had a driver side instock.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Banned

I meant no disrespect whatsoever. I don't think someone is posing just for putting on the sticker. I guess I have more reservation to put one on my truck since its far from being modded, the only "performance" goodies on it are rancho 5000's and the BFG A/Ts, and it doesn't take much to get those I think I am just going to find me some of the chrome-ish lettering that says toyota for the back of my truck, leave the rest plain jane.

BTW, do you have a pic further away from the truck, so I can see how the whole package looks with the sticker on there?
I was only kidding... lol

Go here for more pics: www.drawhorn.org

Last edited by bamachem; 10-28-2003 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Banned

No offense taken

No problemo!

Here's a further back pic:

Hope this helps!

Brian

Quick Reply: trd decal on a 4runner