Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Selling the 4runner..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Selling the 4runner..........

Well the time has come to decide on whether or not I'm gonna keep my rig. I've just came to the conclusion that $517.69 mnth isn't gonna cut it anymore for my wallet. I know I can afford it, but jeez thats alot of cash per month to be forking out among all the other things that I have to pay for. So I don't know what to do. I want to stay in the 4x4 stuff, but I just want something a little cheaper per month. But the problem is, I've forked alot of money over into this rig.

If I decide to sell it, I'll be getting rid of my roof rack, front bumper, sub/amp, rockware skid, saws, ome rear suspension, warn shackle hangers, and probalby my winch, but I'm not sure yet. I'll probalby end up keeping that.

Decisions....Decisions......
Old 12-12-2002, 08:28 AM

Location: Far western Kentucky (transplanted from central PA)
I'll assume you've exhausted all other options (sell the kids; get the wife to turn tricks; rob the local convienence stores; tax fraud; etc....)

Sorry to hear you're considering selling. What about trading down to an older truck?
Old 12-12-2002, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by Rick F.
I'll assume you've exhausted all other options (sell the kids; get the wife to turn tricks; rob the local convienence stores; tax fraud; etc....)

Sorry to hear you're considering selling. What about trading down to an older truck?
Well I have no wife or kids!!! LOL!!! I'm only 23. I do like the idea of the fraud though
Old 12-12-2002, 08:44 AM

If you think your runner is a keeper, have you looked into Refinancing it to get lower monthly payments. I have seen credit unions offer 4.7% on car loans....
Old 12-12-2002, 08:50 AM

Actually I haven't checked in on that yet. I don't know much about that stuff! LOL!
Old 12-12-2002, 08:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Danny,

Yeah, as Dukestr mentioned, look into refinancing. I've been financing both of my vehicles through Peoplefirst.com. Here is their url: http://www.peoplefirst.com. They have a refinance calculator that will give you a ballpark figure.

FYI: It is purported that the new Treasury Secretary will enact many of Bush's 10-year tax cut plan which includes further interest rate cut. Whether its sound economically remains to be seen, but for you it is good news if you decide to re-fi.

Bob
Old 12-12-2002, 09:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sell it and get a 1st gen!!!!!!! 1st gens rule!
Old 12-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Contributing Member

ill trade you rigs...but not payments? danny..if you get rid of it..how are we going to wheel in GA or where ever we decided it would be?
Old 12-12-2002, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by metal22lica
ill trade you rigs...but not payments? danny..if you get rid of it..how are we going to wheel in GA or where ever we decided it would be?
Hey thats not fair!! I've had it for over a year now, so I might try to refinance to get a lower payment. That'd be wonderful if I could do that. Hey we'll still wheel! You can drive up here
Old 12-12-2002, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by data
Hey thats not fair!! I've had it for over a year now, so I might try to refinance to get a lower payment. That'd be wonderful if I could do that. Hey we'll still wheel! You can drive up here
Try this link for refi options..
Old 12-12-2002, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by data
sounds like a good plan on the refi...let us know what happens!! ok..ok..if i have to i will drive up there..
Old 12-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Hang in there Danny, it'd be a shame to loose you fromt he forum. But I do realize the financial pinch of owning a Runner. I have no idea how you have made those payments and sil managed to do all those mods. Wish I had that kinda income but what can ya do, college kid lifestyle demands more than a sweet rig, although it does help.

But definatley look into re-fri, it's a great option, I did mine and got a really good rate, somewhere in the ballpark of 2.5% or better. It really saves. Good luck, hang in there and keep us updated.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so...uhhhh...if...you...uh can't refinance and decide to sell how much you want for all the stuff you got on it?
Old 12-12-2002, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by Stump1883
Hang in there Danny, it'd be a shame to loose you fromt he forum. But I do realize the financial pinch of owning a Runner. I have no idea how you have made those payments and sil managed to do all those mods. Wish I had that kinda income but what can ya do, college kid lifestyle demands more than a sweet rig, although it does help.

But definatley look into re-fri, it's a great option, I did mine and got a really good rate, somewhere in the ballpark of 2.5% or better. It really saves. Good luck, hang in there and keep us updated.

Stump, whom did you turn to for refinancing?
Old 12-12-2002, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by justinh
so...uhhhh...if...you...uh can't refinance and decide to sell how much you want for all the stuff you got on it?
These are just some ballpark figures. Just a spur of the moment pricing...they could change though.....

Front Bumper - $500
Roof Rack w\ Lights - $500
Wheels & Tires - Trade for stock and a little cash, not much though.
Saws & OME - $700
Sub & Amp - ??? Dunno
Rockware Skid - $150

Don't keep me to these prices though. These are just a rough estimate. Pricing could possibly change....
Old 12-12-2002, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats cool...it would probably be middle of january before i could do much $$ wise anyway....i have always had a love hate relationship with that front bumper, i love the way its designed but i wish it was still configured to have the winch inside the bumper....i think the perfect bumper is the Safari Guard bumper for Land Rovers
Old 12-12-2002, 10:53 AM

If You Wanna Sell....

Let me know cuz I might be able to buy some of your stuff...

I go up to Ft Smith from Louisana all the time... I also go to Little Rock AFB occationally too...

Old 12-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member

I must side with the 1st Gen rationale here, you buy it for next to nothing, and it's paid for. No bells or whistles, but I don't need or want them anyway so why pay for them? I want a cheap 4x4, good gas mileage, convertible that goes from Point A -----> Point B. Nothing but 1st Gen. Sure, you'll have more things break and more repair bills, but that's cheaper than the new ones too...

Vehicles are never worth what you invest in them,
I figure I have better stuff to work on than vehicles, my 89 is really just a hobby, and not expensive since I don't take my truck out and break it every weekend. I don't use credit and I will not get into debt for any reason except maybe medical bills... Maybe.

Budget for the rent, bills, pay off any credit and debt, set aside monthly for savings, leave some for good beer; consider those fixed expenses. THEN see what you have left for toys. I love my truck but I'm not gonna live in it or eat it.

Credit companies are predatory; you are the prey. They make you think like it's easy and fun and won't cost much more than you would normally. Never forget they're doing it to make money. And Who are they making their money from? There's your wallet ache. They will do about anything to keep you on the hook, including fine print tricks that you may already be committed to.

Think of it this way, if you have $500 extra bucks a month, and no gas or mods to pay for, how much money would you have after 6 months?
Then you buy a class on whatever you want, put that on your resume, get a killer job, make more money. The you can have whatever car you want. Sure, it's not the 4Runner you love now. But you've learned from this one.... the next one will be perfect.

Last edited by dajabr; 12-12-2002 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:12 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, good luck with the refi... I'm paying 5% interest thru a credit union, they are almost always your best bet. I'm sure that if it comes to it, there will be alot of people (including) that would be interested in helping you return your rig to 'stock' !
Old 12-12-2002, 01:12 PM

yeh sell it, get an 85 pickup for a trail toy, and then get a nice family sedan for ur daily driver hehe

Quick Reply: Selling the 4runner..........