Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

RC Engineering 310cc Fuel Injectors??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RC Engineering 310cc Fuel Injectors??

I own a 1998 Toyota 4-Runner 4x4 Ltd, and I'm wanting to get bigger injectors to accompany my supercharger. I've got prices on the Toyota Supra ones, but they are expensive as hell. I've aso received prices from MaxxAutoworks, but I'm hesitant because of comments of others on the forums. They are the least expensive and supposably pop right in, same as the Toyota injectors.

But, what I'm trying to find out if someone is using RC Engineering's 310cc fuel injectors, and whether they pop in and out?? They are priced in between the two listed above, so I'm interested to see how the installation goes.

Chris
Old 01-04-2003, 07:43 AM

Big XII officials BLOW. Miami deserves the title.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:37 PM

Re: RC Engineering 310cc Fuel Injectors??

Originally posted by ravencr
I own a 1998 Toyota 4-Runner 4x4 Ltd, and I'm wanting to get bigger injectors to accompany my supercharger. I've got prices on the Toyota Supra ones, but they are expensive as hell. I've aso received prices from MaxxAutoworks, but I'm hesitant because of comments of others on the forums. They are the least expensive and supposably pop right in, same as the Toyota injectors.

But, what I'm trying to find out if someone is using RC Engineering's 310cc fuel injectors, and whether they pop in and out?? They are priced in between the two listed above, so I'm interested to see how the installation goes.

Chris
I had the same question re: RC Eng injectors. The wire harness has to be modified to accomodate these injectors. Check out this thread . Curious, how much was MaxxAutoworks charging?
Old 01-04-2003, 09:42 PM

The MaxxAutoworks fuel injectors are 330cc injectors. They are $65.00/injector plus $7.00/injector for their custom 4-runner insulator, which allows you to plug them right in just like the Supra injectors. The total amount is $432.00! A heck of a lot cheaper than the supra ones. Hope this helps!

Chris
Old 01-04-2003, 10:24 PM

That does sound like a good deal if it comes with the 4runner insulator. I just wonder if it would pass SMOG check. They do a visual check prior to checking emissions, the checker might just fail me once he/she sees that they are not factory toyota injectors. Any input on this from the folks in Cali?
Old 01-05-2003, 07:19 AM

Not sure on the smog test for Cali, but I'd say they look pretty much like stock, since now wiring is involved and they do pop right in. I've got to save up some money to make the purchases for these few large ticket items, so please let me know if you go ahead and buy them. I'd be interested to see how they worked out for you.

Chris
Old 01-05-2003, 06:22 PM

The RC injectors will work just fine. I tested 270cc RC injectors in my 96 4Runner before I figured out what size works the best, 305cc.

To use the RC injectors you will have to tell them when you order them that you are installing them on a Toyota so they will machine the tops of them to fit your fuel rail. They just do it at no additional charge.

The electrical connectors are different so you will need to get a set of plugs from them and cut off your stock plugs and solder in the new ones. It is a simple swap.

You will be very happy with the RC injectors.

Maxx Autoworks sells 330cc injectors from some Mitsubishi application. Several people have gotten them from Maxx and reported hard starting problems from them being just a little to big and on hot starts they dump to much fuel flooding the engine. If you look in the for sale section on the Tacoma Territory message board, there are always people selling off the 330cc injectors they bought from Maxx after they replace them with the 305cc ones to cure the starting problems. You can get some really good deals on them if you don't mind grinding your starter all to hell.

There have been lots of people that have gotten the 305cc injectors used pretty cheap and they work fine. If you ask on Tacoma Territory I am sure someone can point you in the right direction and tell you about some other injectors that work just as well.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 01-05-2003, 06:31 PM

Gadget,

I always appreciate your comments. You have been the biggest help in my decision making process. I will definitely not order the injectors from Maxx's. I'm tempted just to pay the extra money and get the Toyota ones, because it's such a simple process. I'll try to find some on Tacoma Territory. Where should I look there? The forums? Somewhere else? Not to familiar with their site. Thanks again!

Chris
Old 01-06-2003, 07:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
rc injectors

Hey yall!

It just so happens i have experience with this exact subject.... first off, the 330cc injectors from toyota must be from a 98 model year only supra-- because they must have the air injection ports on the orifice side. second, RC injectors are the same deal to install as the nippon denso injectors, you just need more o-rings-- and when i bought my injectors, they only made 370cc injectors. no other sizes. Now the interesting thing is, ive done all the same mods as gadget has, supra MAF, headers, safc, different intake, air box cutout, dual supra fuel pumps, exhaust-- and the low and high throttle settings for my truck are at -10%, not +40% like gadget has, which tells me that the 330 injectors are TOO SMALL-- because +40% is the maximum setting. I would rather not run anything turned all the way up and have no leeway for any other mods. just food for thought. , oh ya, and RC provides connectors with pigtails for installation if you ask. I put quick disconnects on my injectors so i can swap them at smog time quickly. And no they wont pass smog because the smog dorks get in there with a mirror and magnifier and check the part numbers and run them through CARB.
I cant figure out what the hard starting problem is, maybe too rich at idle? I had motorsport dynamics in sacramento set my SAFC with a specialized computer on a dynamometer and have had no problems at all?? maybe the safc cant be accurately programmed with a fuel trim meter on a diagnostic tool. anyone want any pictures? I just bought a digital camera!

Tim
Old 01-06-2003, 08:25 PM

I do , did you get my PM?
Old 01-07-2003, 04:10 AM

Tim,

Are you saying that you have a hard starting problem? It makes sense what you said about the injector size to me. I wonder what Gadget will say in response??

If everyone agrees, I would love not to be pushing the injectors to the limit in addition to saving a ton of money buying the 370's from RC, instead of the costly toyota's.

Anyone have detailed installation instructions I would need to install these puppies???

Chris
Old 01-07-2003, 10:31 AM

Re: rc injectors

Originally posted by Duffdog
Hey yall!

It just so happens i have experience with this exact subject.... first off, the 330cc injectors from toyota must be from a 98 model year only supra-- because they must have the air injection ports on the orifice side. second, RC injectors are the same deal to install as the nippon denso injectors, you just need more o-rings-- and when i bought my injectors, they only made 370cc injectors. no other sizes. Now the interesting thing is, ive done all the same mods as gadget has, supra MAF, headers, safc, different intake, air box cutout, dual supra fuel pumps, exhaust-- and the low and high throttle settings for my truck are at -10%, not +40% like gadget has, which tells me that the 330 injectors are TOO SMALL-- because +40% is the maximum setting. I would rather not run anything turned all the way up and have no leeway for any other mods. just food for thought. , oh ya, and RC provides connectors with pigtails for installation if you ask. I put quick disconnects on my injectors so i can swap them at smog time quickly. And no they wont pass smog because the smog dorks get in there with a mirror and magnifier and check the part numbers and run them through CARB.
I cant figure out what the hard starting problem is, maybe too rich at idle? I had motorsport dynamics in sacramento set my SAFC with a specialized computer on a dynamometer and have had no problems at all?? maybe the safc cant be accurately programmed with a fuel trim meter on a diagnostic tool. anyone want any pictures? I just bought a digital camera!

Tim
If I bought the Supra Injectors (Part# 23209-46031), do I still need to replace them with stock injectors when I go for a smog check?...or since they are "Toyota" injectors, it will pass the visual inspection?
Old 01-07-2003, 01:16 PM

It's my understanding that if the original part number do not match, they will find this out during visual inspection.

Chris
Old 01-07-2003, 01:56 PM

Re: rc injectors

Originally posted by Duffdog
Hey yall!

Tim
What year truck do you have and what in and out MAF settings are you using on the AFC?

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 01-07-2003, 02:02 PM

Thanks Gadget for responding to my email. I'm looking forward to your discussions with Tim.

Chris
Old 01-07-2003, 02:59 PM

It's my understanding that if the original part number do not match, they will find this out during visual inspection.

Chris
Just called the place where I usually get a smog check (when I had my '94 4Runner). They said that if I installed "toyota" injectors, it should pass the visual check. If the injectors are aftermarket, they will have to fail it. He also mentioned that they have had experience with Hondas having aftermarket injectors in which they tried painting it to match stock. Smog II sucks :mad:
Anyway, I have decided to go with this setup:

305cc injectors from Conicelli Toyota (Part# 23209-46031)
APEXi SAFC
Walbro 190LPH Fuel Pump (FPT101)

Any feedback with this setup?, there is a place locally which I am having the SAFC installed. I honestly have not messed with injectors before..is there a write-up on how to replace/install them on a '99?..in regard to the fuel pump, I have a friend helping me out.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:10 PM

That's cool on the smog check, but what's even cooler is that over here in TN we don't have them at all. Yeah!

At any rate, I contacted Gadget after searching extensively on the forums, the internet, etc. and here's what he recommended I buy for my 1998 4-Runner: (This was within the past two weeks)

1) 305cc Toyota Injectors or 310cc RC engineering injectors
2) Walbro 190 LPH Fuel Pump
3) Split Second FTC1-E
4) Split Second ARM1

He's tried the Apexi, and he recommended the Split Second unit to me for whatever it's worth to you. Hope this helps!

Chris
Old 01-07-2003, 03:25 PM

Hey Dukestr,

I was just wondering how much you are about to pay for the toyota injectors?

Chris
Old 01-07-2003, 06:34 PM

Hey Dukestr,

I was just wondering how much you are about to pay for the toyota injectors?

Chris
I just e-mailed partznet.com again today for another quote. The last quote I had from them for the 305cc injectors was $126.56 each. I just wanted to find out if it has gone down a bit. I will let you know once I get the quote back.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:40 PM

Dukestr,

That's the same quote I've received. I'll look forward to your response, though.

Chris

Quick Reply: RC Engineering 310cc Fuel Injectors??