95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

R.I.P my baby

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 08:11 PM
Mog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R.I.P my baby

Hi guys,

I've been a very unfortunate victim of a car wreck. Anyways my baby is totalled. Got hit on the side at 40mph. Don't really want to get into details since there's gonna be lawsuits. Losing my 4runner is like losing your dog if you've ever lost one b4. My baby saved my life...i walked away with no injuries. But time to move along.....I took off a lot of stuff off my 4runner that are for sale if anyone is interesed in the Los Angeles area. I have EGR carbon bugdeflector(only used for 3 months), clear white marker & bumper housing(used for 3 months), K&N air filter(1.5years old....cleaned 1 month ago). I didnt take off the addco since it was too dangerous to get under the car.

-Mog
Old 01-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Mog, I am very sorry to hear that happened.
I am glad you are OK, and that is all that matters.

Same thing happened to me October of '98.
I got T boned by a drunk while I was going to work minding my own business.

The truck gave up it's life for me.
I got hit about 40 MPH or faster, and I did not feel a thing hardly.

But within one month or less I found something better, my '91 4Runner.

After owning two Toyotas up until then, I know my next rig would only be another Toyota.

Keep us informed on what you get.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:39 PM

Wow, glad you're OK. The 4Runner is one tough bugga and glad you are in one piece. I would be sick if I got totaled, I feel your pain bro. Sounds like you built it up nice too. Getting another solid Runner?
butnut
Old 01-29-2003, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tough Rig

I feel very safe in my 4R. I got T-Boned a while back by some jacka$$ leaving work from baggin groceries at the local supermarket. He didn't even look my way. Next thing I know, $6500 in damage. Everyone OK. The silver lining is that I got my Smittybilt tube steps, had my stripe removed and got my Bushwackers (indirectly) as a result of the accident. Everything happens for a reason...
Old 01-29-2003, 08:49 PM

I'm glad to hear you're ok man. Bad news about the Yota, but I bet you'll be buying another for sure now hey?
Old 01-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Contributing Member

sorry to hear of your loss, and awesome to hear that you walked away. its a tragic experience. there have been very many car wrecks in my family... (bad brother drivers) and its amazing my brothers are still alive...

you really should get another 4runner.. they're great dependable cars

just stay away from teh 4th gen's, they're kinda ugly
Old 01-29-2003, 09:12 PM

Glad to hear that you're okay. Being involved in a wreck is never a good experience.

I am interested in your bug deflector. Do you know if it will fit a Taco? and if so, what are you asking? I also live in the LA area, and can meet with you somewhere.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

Unhappy loss of first toyota

my first toyota was a 79 emerald green celica gt and i got rearended at about 50+ mph (i was stoped) by a GMC full size PU
it actualy bent my car like a bannanna and i had a neck brace for about 2 weeks (i was 16) RIP little car.....
last month a guy doing about 50 ran a red light as i was going through and the runner stoped about an inch from getting hit (he kept going) ever notice that sometimes the breaks feel spongy?, but when you use them (really use them hard ) they are like claws!
David
Old 01-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mog, sorry for your loss but glad that you're OK. Sounds like you had a strong emotional attachment, but when push comes to shove (so to speak), it's only metal that can be replaced. Unlike my best friend, my dog, who passed away recently. Hope you find a suitable replacement rig.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Mog, sorry to hear about what happened, but glad that you are ok. I got rearended bt a Ford F-350 years ago in my truck and had $7,000 damage to it and walked away with only whiplash. 4Runners are tough vehicles. Get yourself another one when you get your money from the lawsuit.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:13 AM

Glad to hear that you're okay. Bad new for the runner, but as long as you're ok.

I am interested in your clear lenses, check your pm
Old 01-30-2003, 07:30 AM

Sorry to hear about your truck. If you do manage to pull off the Addco's I'd be interested in them.

good luck
Old 01-30-2003, 07:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mog,

Glad to hear you walked away from the accident. i know what it feels like to have your car totalled. Been there and it is the worst feeling.

Check your PM, I may be interested in some of your parts. I'm in LA too. Where abouts are you?

Bob
Old 01-30-2003, 08:59 AM

Man, sorry to hear about your wreck. I had a wreck a couple years ago. I was home on leave (just home the day before) from overseas, and I was out looking for new tires and a canopy. I was on a parkway heading towards the AFB, stopped at a red light right behind a brand new 2001 Ford F150. I heard a vehicle skidding, and I looked at the rear view mirror to see a 1968 Chevy fullsize skidding right toward me!. Well it all happened so fast. I guess that it was good that I saw it coming, because I didn't get a single injury. From the impact, my truck ended up sliding into the Ford, and I was in a Toyota sandwich. The good part was that my truck was able to drive home. The chevy, which was estimated at around 50+mph at impact had to be towed. Needless to say I was pretty pissed and had to drive a Camry the whole month that I was home. In the end, it cost him $8,000+ to repair my truck. I got a brand new truck bed too. I thought that they would have totalled it, but the guy at the body shop told me that it takes a whole lot to total a toyota frame. Despite the impact, it didn't even hurt the frame. Here is the casualty list:
Bed, front and rear bumpers, hood, rear of cab from bed sliding forward and denting cab. It took the shop like 4 months to repair my truck. It wasn't even done until after I returned from my overseas tour.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Mog

Thanks for the kind words everyone and sharing of your tragic experiences I've had my runner for 6 years (97-03) and its has been super reliable and never once failed on me. 4runner really are very welly built suvs. Right now i'm driving a 02 camry rental and it really sucks. No power and really mushy handling. As for my next ride, I don't think I'll be getting another 4runner:eek: I'm interested in the 03 runner 4wd SR5 sports but they are 30k something. That is way too much for a SUV I think. I must have a 4wd on my next SUV if I am to get one and the cheapest 03 4runners dont have 4wd. I think full time 4wd would be more useful since I do mostly street driving and that will increase traction and safety when driving in rain etc... This probably gonna:mad: alot people but I'm looking at getting something very un4runnish....hehe...I'm looking at the Acura RSX or the Infiniti G35. Looking for better 0-60 on my next ride

PS: Guys that interested in my addco, sorry but it is lost forever, my car got towed away by insurance with the addcos. Reason why I didn take them apart was that my rear axle/suspension was completely torn apart from the wreck. The rear side of the car was resting on the tire itself!!! So it was too dangerous to get under the car.