Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Post your most ridiculous 4runner pictures here:

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Bumpin' Yota
How do you like your SAWs? I was thinking about replacing my stock torsion bars with those, but am wondering about how the front end will change in it's handling performance from stock. Im mostly concerned about on road handling and cornering, however I do some offroading every now and again.
well, since you say torsion bars, im guessing you have a 2nd gen, in which case i cant help ya, i have a 3rd gen, so i have coilovers not torsion bars. I hear that the people with the bars like em alot, corey will chime in and talk them up i hope
Old 04-04-2003, 06:57 PM

it looks like a crah test dummy-mobile

the runner with the yellow rims and stuff

Last edited by jjdeneen; 04-04-2003 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

just my opinion, but i think if you buy a 4x4 you defeat the purpose of a 4x4, but putting the, 20" rims with the low profile tires on it, i just look at them guys and smile, thats just me thou.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by hawkdog21
well, since you say torsion bars, im guessing you have a 2nd gen, in which case i cant help ya, i have a 3rd gen, so i have coilovers not torsion bars. I hear that the people with the bars like em alot, corey will chime in and talk them up i hope
Oops so you have the sway away coilovers... PP has new torsion bars they were calling SAW's - I was considering them and was wondering how hard the installation would be and if it is worth it.

Steve

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 04-04-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jjdeneen
it looks like a crah test dummy-mobile

the runner with the yellow rims and stuff

yeah, you like that huh.

that'll be my runner in 1 month. tired of this off road nonsense.

now excuse me while i go look for a wing with some stickers on it to give me a 100 hp boost
Old 04-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Bumpin' Yota

Hell, you dont NEED 35" tires, you don't NEED lifts, you dont NEED a snorkel (for instance your distributor would flood and the enige would die from no spark) and dont NEED.... the list goes on.

But to rip someone else's mods and vehicle publicly because you dont like them is UNCALLED for, and quite honestly RUDE!

This post needs to be deleted. [/B]
Well Let's see here.. Uncalled for ripping?? I kinda think the "Dont NEED a snorkel" bit was a rip on me.. So you are being, IMHO, Rude yourself...

Seriously though.. It has been said, but I have to speak my mind too.. You aparently do not know just how well Toyota seals their distrubutors, do you?? They can take on a hell of a lot of water around them and keep going.. Also you are going to be in trouble a lot sooner with your air intake than with your electrical system... The air intake not only is a "frontal induction" but about a foot lower that the distrubutor.. So, my friend, you do not know what the hell you are talking about.

As far as adding lo-pro tires and gawd awful looking rims to a 4X4 TRUCK is dang stupid!! It is a TRUCK!! not a car, I dont care if it does help the ride and body roll.. It is lipstick on a pig!! They are not made for road handeling.. They are made to be used as trucks (well, they used to be..)

If you want low profile tires, buy a nice rear wheel drive car (not some ecomony front wheel drive comuter car) but a performance inspired automobile..

Sure I have a car too.. But I am not running frigging mud tire on it, Could I ? Sure.. but it would still be retarded!:pat:
Old 04-04-2003, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by Hugo
Here's a case of «bad execution» for ya (sorry, I couldn't resist) :

That's a cheap shot.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Thumbs up

Firefyter-Emt,, AMEN, lipstick on a pig, love it..
Old 04-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Firefyter-Emt

As far as adding lo-pro tires and gawd awful looking rims to a 4X4 TRUCK is dang stupid!! It is a TRUCK!! not a car, I dont care if it does help the ride and body roll.. It is lipstick on a pig!! They are not made for road handeling.. They are made to be used as trucks (well, they used to be..)

EXACTLY. trust me, it doesn't look good.

yeah i have too much free time. but now i want a fast car too. :cry: someday i'll get a nice sports car and mod the hell out of that one too
Old 04-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Contributing Member

My roommate and I saw a Jeep Wrangler today with HUGE chrome wheels on it, like 19" or 20". Whoever does that is a massive tool. I see so much funny stuff on the road, I need to keep my digital camera in my car. Mr. T pity's the fool with chromes on a 4x4.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:17 PM

"JDM Hilux Surf 185"
Old 04-05-2003, 01:06 PM
Del

According to that other forum post, that Bob guy lives in California. Gawd I hope I see him someday so I can just point and laugh!
Old 04-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

Or you could do what me and my friends do to the ricers that drive around, hold your hand out the window with a big thumbs down.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Del

Actually some of my friends have rice rockets, but the nice thing is that they look stock, so you can't really tell. It's so funny cause on of my friends has an older 240 sx w/ a supercharger, but since it looks stock, he gets reved on all the time by all show no go ricers and he whoops em!
Old 04-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

I mean don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people building little 4cyl compact cars. Thats whats nice about this country, you can do what you want and everyone can have their opinion. My opinion is that the flashyness and the aluminium wings are stupid looking. So I give them the big thumbs down
Old 04-05-2003, 03:53 PM
Del

Right on I completely (spell?) know what you mean. I HATE those show off cars too. Man if I could get away with it, I'd drive right up the back of one of those things at a stop light or something. That would teach em!
Old 04-05-2003, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Firefyter-Emt
Well Let's see here.. Uncalled for ripping?? I kinda think the "Dont NEED a snorkel" bit was a rip on me.. So you are being, IMHO, Rude yourself...

Seriously though.. It has been said, but I have to speak my mind too.. You aparently do not know just how well Toyota seals their distrubutors, do you?? They can take on a hell of a lot of water around them and keep going.. Also you are going to be in trouble a lot sooner with your air intake than with your electrical system... The air intake not only is a "frontal induction" but about a foot lower that the distrubutor.. So, my friend, you do not know what the hell you are talking about.

If you want low profile tires, buy a nice rear wheel drive car (not some ecomony front wheel drive comuter car) but a performance inspired automobile..

Sure I have a car too.. But I am not running frigging mud tire on it, Could I ? Sure.. but it would still be retarded!:pat:
No, I was NOT ripping you in ANY way. I was using a hypothetical example. If one were to add a snorkel and do nothing else to the 4runner, then tried to cross a 5' deep canal/river/pond, one would probably get out, but in the proccess cause MASSIVE damage.... You on the other hand have a hell of a lot of knowledge about toyotas, as evidenced by your other posts, and I don't doubt for an instant that you've done all the necessary mods so that your 4Runner will cross 5' deep bodies of water without any damage.

But the point was without those necessary mods, damage will occur and the snorkel, short of keeping the engine from hydro-locking, will serve the same purpose as a huge wing on a FWD car.

I still cant believe you took offense to that hypothetical....

I also do know exactly where my intake draws its air from. (Directly behind the driver's side headlight in my 2nd gen) Also the main wire from the coil to the distributor (on my 2nd gen) isnt that water tight. An engine spray down after a degreaser from a garden hose had my engine misfiring ALL OVER the place until I cleaned up that connection. Maybe I'm a dumbass for doing that, but never the less my truck would have problems with deep water...

Finally to my MAIN discussion - big rims, mods, etc.

I LIKE off roading and I LIKE lifted vehicles with huge tires. Hell, I go hunting and I can see a need for it to accomplish my goals. I've been looking at a 4" suspension lift as well. However when I am in town and my truck is muddy do you think I enjoy being called a redneck, hillbilly, uneducated, inbred, prick? Of course not! Those individuals are making those assumption about me based on my vehicle's appearance. My truck has even been KEYED on EVERY panel from those morons. To me that is VERY closed minded.

So explain to me how is this thread any different from those people who catagorize me based on my trucks appearance? It isnt at all.

The owners of those 4Runners have worked their butts off to have to dollars to spend on them to get them the way they like them. Imagine how it would feel to be in their shoes for a little bit and have everyone ripping on your rig....it's not a pretty enjoyable thought is it?

My main point, from the get go, was to show some damn tolerance and open mindedness to other people's ideas and likes...

I think the best quote i've heard to date is "if you dont have anything nice to say.....

Steve
Old 04-05-2003, 08:35 PM

incidentally the best way to piss off the ricers is to SMOKE their arse. The funny part is my 3.slow has done it a few times when I first got it when I was 18.... gaaa I wish I was 18 again damn it!
Old 04-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Contributing Member

where are you from bumpin yota? i guess that stereotype of off road people being rednecks is national, but that's pretty lame. acround here you see more teenagers with lifted trucks (mostly fords) than anyone else.
Old 04-06-2003, 12:17 AM
Banned

my hat is off to all the rediculous cars out there and their owners. I bet most everyone who saw the original Bubb Rubb whistle tip video really had a good laugh. Now whenever I see some rediculous vehicle I can't help but let out a big 'WOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!' Followed by a hearty laugh.

I'm sure some people do the same thing when they see my turd. Its fine with me. I like my truck. It always gets me where I want to go even though most would consider it an eyesore. At least I got rid of the zip ties. Its not as bad as it was. WOOOO WOOOOO!!

Quick Reply: Post your most ridiculous 4runner pictures here: