Old 10-04-2006, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ome/tundra final questions

Here's what I'm about ready to order from strap22 for my 99 runner:

Diff Drop 1"
Front: (2.25-2.5")
Tundra TRD Coils up front
Tacoma DC TRD Blue shocks
Extended Studs(need to get a hold of bamachem)

Rear: (2.5")
Old Man Emu 891 Coils
Old Man Emu N86 Firm Shocks
Toyota Conical Bumpstops

I'll get my panhard drop soon as I can afford to. Is there anything as far as brake line extensions or e-brake brakets I need to get? Any advice before I give away my pay check?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:17 PM

iirc arent the front shocks TRD Tundra shocks?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned

Nope, I am pretty sure they are Tacoma ones, at least that is what I just bought.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:30 PM

i dunno then, i got mine from Schaffer and they rock.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:30 PM

I'm pretty sure tacoma from all my searching here.........right?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by E-money

Diff Drop 1"

Old Man Emu 891 Coils
Toyota Conical Bumpstops

I'll get my panhard drop soon as I can afford to. Is there anything as far as brake line extensions or e-brake brakets I need to get? Any advice before I give away my pay check?

You will need a set of bamachem spacers up front for that lift. Also you can order the studs from sonoran or wheelers.

If you're interested I have a set of Tacoma struts for sale CHEAP in teh classifieds.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diff Drop 1"

Old Man Emu 891 Coils
Toyota Conical Bumpstops

i have spacers in stock, ready to ship.

have you priced this with steve at http://www.sonoransteel.com ???

Last edited by bamachem; 02-16-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:14 AM

No i priced it with strap22. Everything but the studs.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:17 AM
Banned

System 7: A "Mild" 2" front & 2.5" rear 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner lift. If the ultimate in off-road prowess is not needed, but a nice solid well designed level sitting lift is desired. This is your package. 4WD Only.

Front:

Toyota Tundra TRD 4WD Front Coil: Right Side - Blue + Yellow goes on the passenger side
Toyota Tundra TRD 4WD Front Coil: Left Side - Yellow + Yellow goes on driver side
Toyota 4Runner/Tacoma 4WD Front Shocks: Tokico Trek > Master R/T Green (TWO)
Sonoran Steel Fabrication L.L.C. Front differential drop spacers (TWO)
Sonoran Steel Fabrication L.L.C. 38mm Japanese made extended studs (SIX)
Bamachem 3/8" thick: 1/2" Lift HDPE Top Spacer (TWO)

Rear:

Old Man Emu 890 Coil: Right Side - shorter of the two coils
Old Man Emu 890 Coil: Left Side - longer of the two coils
Toyota 4Runner 4WD Rear Shocks: Tokico Trek > Master R/T Green (TWO)
Sonoran Steel Fabrication L.L.C. Adjustable Trac/PanHard Drop Bar
Sonoran Steel Fabrication L.L.C. Extended bump stop Adapters, special size reduced 1/2" with Daystar KU09014BK Competition Style bump stops (TWO)
Sonoran Steel Fabrication L.L.C. Braided Stainless Steel extended brake line or lines (1996-2000 one line, 2001-2002 two lines)
Sonoran Steel Fabrication L.L.C. Parking/Emergency Brake bracket (1996-2000 Only)

1996 to 2000 Toyota 4Runner 2" & 2.5" Lift: $1026.50
Old 10-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

No i priced it with strap22. Everything but the studs.
No offense to Phil (strap22)...he is a great guy to buy things from. But with Steve's kit you get EVERYTHING...do it right the first time.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Banned

yeah, phil is a great guy to get your parts from, but like jim said, steve also includes all the small stuff to make the lift WORK like it's supposed to.

you can get your parts from phil, but then you still have to buy the other stuff from steve and pay shipping on all of them. if you buy from steve, you get parts at basically his cost. he only makes money on the small stuff that he fabs - and even then it isn't much at all. not only that, but then you're paying shipping from one point of origin and all the small stuff is simply added to the big boxes.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by spaugh
yes, you got the right shocks.

As for break line extension I didn't install mine and I wheeled it very hard without any problems. It looked to me like there was plenty of slack to me, but I may be wrong. The thing I don't understand is, if you are running stock size shocks, your axle shouldn't fall any lower than it did without the lift. So why would you need the brake line??? Not sure why SS is including this in the lift kit #7. If you were running LC shocks and coils I could understand. Maybe Steve wants to chime in? Also, I'm not seeing the point in the parking brake bracket.

Hopefully someone will flame me and set me straight, but I haven't installed either (extended line or e brake bracket) and my brakes are working fine. These are sitting in a box in my garage.

The brake line is included in system 7 for the breaking performance gain. It is such a cheap part, rubber rots out west and the Teflon stainless line is like hard line all the way. I would install it.

The e-brake bracket traces it roots back to Downey. I think it is a good idea and would install it, what does it hurt? You can cut the cable free all together like I do on the SA trucks that have much more lift and it frees itself up the most, but I think it is a good Downey idea and I would install it. It does loosen the cable up.

You paid nothing for the e-brake bracket, that is free with the kit. The line with it’s performance gain and insurance for the unexpected unknowns in off roading, is some wise insurance if you ask me. The brake line is the lowest priced part in the entire kit. As the e-brake bracket is free with the kit.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member

Also FYI, I do not sell just parts. I can only sell a complete kit.

All or nothing is the only way I can do it.

Some of the parts, but not all are available seperate. But I can not just sell you a front or just a rear or just Tundra coils.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Also FYI, I do not sell just parts. I can only sell a complete kit.

All or nothing is the only way I can do it.

Some of the parts, but not all are available seperate. But I can not just sell you a front or just a rear or just Tundra coils.
Would you ever consider selling just a rear kit? With All Pro's coilover SAS kit where you can get 4" to 6" of front lift, I would like the rear part of your kit for 3.5" and then add a 1" spacer for about 4.5" of rear lift to match the front.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 914runner
Would you ever consider selling just a rear kit? With All Pro's coilover SAS kit where you can get 4" to 6" of front lift, I would like the rear part of your kit for 3.5" and then add a 1" spacer for about 4.5" of rear lift to match the front.
No I can't just sell the rear. I did what you described and the stock rear lifted that high is really hokey. It does strange stuff on the highway.

If you install an All Pro SA front, you should re-do the rear as well with what ever custom setup you like. Dump the short little stock links and make something nice, or use a really nice Alcan or Deaver leaf spring.

Only complete kits, for stock based IFS trucks. No fronts only, no rears only. The deal I have with my local Toyota dealer is "all or nothing". If I sell parts, I start to tread on Toyota of Dallas territory and I want them as a buddy, not a competitor.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Contributing Member

So how is just the 3.5" lift on the highway? Pretty much all of my on-road driving is highway so I dont want a creepy ride if thats what I will end up with?

Thanks
Old 10-06-2006, 04:12 AM

Once again Steve you make a lot of sense. However, on kit #7 can I get the 891's instead of the of the 890's?
Old 10-06-2006, 05:17 AM
Contributing Member

Once again Steve you make a lot of sense. However, on kit #7 can I get the 891's instead of the of the 890's?
No I only stock the 890's and unless you have a big heavy custom rear bumper, the 890-'s would be the right coil. The 891 is designed for 300 pounds of cargo/weight at all times.

If you have or will get a big heavy custom rear bumper or run alot or rear weight, then System 1 would be better for you.

So if you think you want 891's go with System 1, the 80 coils ride a zillion time better on the road, won't sag and actually are cheaper.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 914runner
So how is just the 3.5" lift on the highway? Pretty much all of my on-road driving is highway so I dont want a creepy ride if thats what I will end up with?

Thanks
3.5" is fine. 4.5 and over is where it gets strange. My Dana 44 front is 4.5" of lift over stock and I have yet to see anyone build anything that low. If you made it any lower, you would have serious oil pan contact all of the time. Even with the 2WD T100 pan.

This is also why my shackles are in the front, the axle moves forward and just misses the oil pan. Now if you build a Monster Truck, none of this matters as it's so high everything clears.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:39 AM
Banned

if he's worried about the soft cruiser coils and towing, then he needs to get some rear air bags and just pump them up to get a stiff rear coil ONLY when it's needed...

Quick Reply: ome/tundra final questions