Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

My 4Runner is almost finished...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm really looking forward to checking out your rig at EC4RJ. I'll be the one in the sas'd V6 88 4Runner on 36's. Its blue in color right now, but that might change here soon. Sweet rig!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya man i too would love to hear some of those specs under that rig. haha i'm one of those westcoast guys that loves the body damage but it's ok i like what you've done with your rig. looks great, and looks like it holds it's own quite well on the trail too. who's to say ya can't look good and wheel well. oh well, they'll learn. and ya i do wheel quite a bit and also noticed this board didn't seem as focused on trails, but oh well i guess i can still learn here too. ryan
Old 04-27-2003, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by ryn930
ya man i too would love to hear some of those specs under that rig. haha i'm one of those westcoast guys that loves the body damage but it's ok i like what you've done with your rig. looks great, and looks like it holds it's own quite well on the trail too. who's to say ya can't look good and wheel well. oh well, they'll learn. and ya i do wheel quite a bit and also noticed this board didn't seem as focused on trails, but oh well i guess i can still learn here too. ryan
Mallrat: I didn't go with full-width Dana 60's for a few reasons. I did my SAS back in '94 and originally ran Toyota axles...then in '96 converted to Danas and I already had 6 lug 15" rims, so...didn't want to waste money and run 8 lug 16.5's, plus, I drive the truck and couldn't have the entire 44" Bogger sticking out past the body, ya know? The axles I have are plenty strong enough...and they are wider than the Toyota axles they replaced. I had them built to be the exact width front and rear...I wouldn't get that if I ran full-width. See ya at EC4RJ!!

Adam F: It will be nice to see some of the rigs that we all talk about on here and other boards. What trails/group do you think you will be running with at EC4RJ?? I still have to send my cash in, but don't know what group to go with??

ryn930: I listed the specs above...you just gotta look for the reply. Thanks for the comments. That has been my point all along, my truck doesn't have to be all dented up. Always learning, always!

Thanks again guys for all the comments/feedback!!

Greg
Old 04-27-2003, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[i]Originally posted by 4 the Hard WayAdam F: It will be nice to see some of the rigs that we all talk about on here and other boards. What trails/group do you think you will be running with at EC4RJ?? I still have to send my cash in, but don't know what group to go with??

[/B]

I'm not sure what trails I'm going to run. I can't do anything too crazy because I have to drive the truck 7 hours back home! Plus my g/f would kick my ass! And I will have an open front diff, no winch, and 4.10's. But I don't want to do bunny trails. Whatever would be "intermediate"
Old 04-27-2003, 03:04 PM

Trails?

Originally posted by Adam F
I'm not sure what trails I'm going to run. I can't do anything too crazy because I have to drive the truck 7 hours back home! Plus my g/f would kick my ass! And I will have an open front diff, no winch, and 4.10's. But I don't want to do bunny trails. Whatever would be "intermediate"
Adam F: I hear ya about the drive...where are you staying?? I have a house in the Poconos which is about 25 miles from Paragon...you are welcome to stay there with a few of us for free. I don't know what to run in my truck. I don't want to do M-Trail and that type again because it takes so long with a group. I don't have to be on the hardest trail to have fun. Hopefully we will be in the same group?

Also, what days are you going for? I can only do Sat & Sun since I start my new job tomorrow! I'll try and get that Friday off, but I don't know if they will go for it?

Greg