Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

A little off topic about Toyota/Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys. Thanks for the help. I know i should have prepared more, but i have has ZERO time lately, between work and school. But the good news...We ddin't have engough time in class and mine isn't due until next week, so i get to spend some more time preparing!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Contributing Member

toyota is getting into nascar racing, you cant get much more "americanized" than that
Old 04-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by calrockx

Damn.. You hang on the POR too by chance?? That would bust a gut over there.. Ya don't mind if I save that do ya now...
Old 04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

Glad you got an extension on the presentation, you have a great subject near and dear to our hearts.

I'm doing UOP Online. I don't think I could handle the sacrifice necessary to go to a traditional school, while working 45-60 hours a week, with family and two kids. I'm glad my company pays for it %100, it's $440 an hour!! I guess the 3.65 GPA is alright, a couple classes were easy, but the majority were hard as hell...three weeks to go!
Old 04-16-2004, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DavidO06
Hey guys. Thanks for the help. I know i should have prepared more, but i have has ZERO time lately, between work and school. But the good news...We ddin't have engough time in class and mine isn't due until next week, so i get to spend some more time preparing!

I actually had to do a speech on mitsubishi, one of the many companies toyota has destroyed over the years. Make no mistake, toyota is the number 2 car company in the world and has predicted that in 5 years, 50 percent of all cars will be toyotas. Just recently, GM has dropped Delphi as the primary supplier of engine computers and ignition modules, bcm's, stuff like that and has picked up Denso. Thats right, GM is now using Toyota parts in their full size trucks and in their new colorado.

I would focus on their engineering philosophy and their JIT production to lower costs. Toyota's engineering philosophy is quite simple, what is the most expensive way to do something? Toyota has always and will continue to always be on the cutting edge of engineering and technology, in fact, most car companies are 5 to 10 years behind toyota when it comes to new ideas. I would touch on the Federal Injunction against Toyota which states they "must" share their proprietary Hybrid technology with the other companies who are many years behind them in r&d. If you desire to get into how they have continued to stay in the market, I would look at the truck line, (beginning in 1950 with the "Scout" ) all the way up to the new tacoma. They have survived by improving their products just slightly every year, until their products surpass the competition. A good example of this is the toyota supra, which started out as the 2000GT in the 70's and slowly evolved until it became the car housing the most powerful I6 ever created.

Then there is always the classic line that salesmen use when customers talk about safety: when a toyota and a honda get in a wreck...who wins? its always the toyota--mostly because toyota insists on double/triple layering everything and having the strongest possible frames on all their trucks. To continue on the safety side of things, i would mention that the safest car ever tested was the 1991 toyota corolla all-trac wagon. (couldnt be uglier, but the NHTSA decided that the occupants could walk away from almost any accident in that funky looking car ).

There is so much stuff on toyota, both for and against that you should have no problem finding things.

T