Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Lift Measurements

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Measurements

I was wondering if everone who has lifted their 4runner could state the amount of lift in this thread. I am not asking for the additional inches gained, but the actual fender to ground measurements. i.e under center of fender or flare. Along with those measurements could you post the what kind of lift and the brand and size tire you are running. I am personally looking for 890, 891, and LC coil measurements, but please post whatever you have. I have something wrong with my suspension geometry on my 4runner, but I am just trying to figure out how bad it is. I am hoping for alot of responses for the new people who are researching lifts with the question of "how much lift?" and what size tires with X inches?" can use this as referrence. I sure would have loved to see one of these when I was searching. It probably would have saved me alot of time and money. Thanks in advance to those who contribute.

Last edited by shiftMX; 03-05-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh god, a start to yet another jumble of measurements... if you really want to cover this yet again, try this:

measure from something that isn't different between trim levels (fender flares/sr5 flares/limited/none = all different), try something like measuring to bottom of window... either that or measure from bottom of truck (underneath) to directly on top of axle.

also, measure to the center of the wheel, otherwise all the measurements are complete crap. Air pressure, tire wear, tire size, etc affect it too much, measure to the CENTER of the axle/wheel if going that route
Old 03-05-2008, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by wjwerdna
oh god, a start to yet another jumble of measurements... if you really want to cover this yet again, try this:

measure from something that isn't different between trim levels (fender flares/sr5 flares/limited/none = all different), try something like measuring to bottom of window... either that or measure from bottom of truck (underneath) to directly on top of axle.

also, measure to the center of the wheel, otherwise all the measurements are complete crap. Air pressure, tire wear, tire size, etc affect it too much, measure to the CENTER of the axle/wheel if going that route

First, I already have the lift...I am not doing this to debate, but to see an APPROXIMATION of what other people or getting, i know there is room for error.

The only reason I asked everyone to post is so when someone else is looking for something like this, it could be here, with everyone having consistant points to measure from for again...an APPROXIMATION of the lift they can expect. Instead of getting bothered by this and responding to skew the original post, you should have just passed it up....

Thanks for your contribution
Old 03-05-2008, 06:48 PM

37" ground to sr5 flares. This is without new shocks I'm still running my stock ones. 265 70 16.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by shiftMX
First, I already have the lift...I am not doing this to debate, but to see an APPROXIMATION of what other people or getting, i know there is room for error.

The only reason I asked everyone to post is so when someone else is looking for something like this, it could be here, with everyone having consistant points to measure from for again...an APPROXIMATION of the lift they can expect. Instead of getting bothered by this and responding to skew the original post, you should have just passed it up....

Thanks for your contribution
glad to help, I just want to point out again that this has been covered in other thread NUMEROUS times and attempted before, but without some sort of structure it turns to a useless post...

sorry to clutter it, if it turns into something really good and gets stickied because it is so useful I will "unclutter" by condensing or removing my posts
(even though no one seems to look at stickies or browse the forums anymore these days, especially for a thread that is already stickied, attempting this same thing, along with others in existence)
Old 03-10-2008, 04:36 AM
Contributing Member

Agree with Andrew. measurements should be referenced to locations that are not affected by tire size or tire pressure. also, it should take into consideration the type of fender flare if used.