Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Lemon Law Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 03:42 PM
vin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lemon Law Question

Has anyone tried to lemon law their '03 4Runner for the loose drivers seat problem ? This may be my next step. I have been to the dealer 3 times for the same problem and its still not fixed. The service manager says their current fixes are not working so there is nothing he can do for me now. I'm going to meet the factory rep in a couple weeks to see what he says. I will suggest replacing the manual seat with a power seat if they can't fix it..
Old 09-27-2003, 03:58 PM

if you can answer yes to all of these questions, then you can invoke the florida lemon law:

Does the Lemon Law Apply to My Vehicle?

1. Did you purchase or lease your vehicle NEW in the State of Florida?
2. Does your vehicle have a defect or condition that substantially impairs the use, value or safety of the vehicle?
3. a) Have you taken the vehicle to the dealership or an authorized service agent at least 3 times for the SAME substantial defect or condition?

-OR-

b) Has the vehicle been out of service for at least 15 cumulative calendar days due to one or more substantial defects or conditions? Yes No

(NOTE: If you answered yes to 3b, keep in mind that you must have at least 30 days out of service before requesting arbitration.)
4. Have you mailed by registered or express mail, return receipt requested, to the manufacturer of your vehicle (not dealer) the Motor Vehicle Defect Notification (MVDN) form which is located in your Lemon Law Handbook provided at the time of purchase?
5. Have you had a final repair attempt/inspection after the manufacturer received the MVDN?
6. Do you have work orders to verify the repairs to your vehicle?

I don't live in florida, so i don't know what else you'll need to go through.

mike
Old 09-27-2003, 04:20 PM
vin

Originally posted by mike_d
if you can answer yes to all of these questions, then you can invoke the florida lemon law:

Does the Lemon Law Apply to My Vehicle?

1. Did you purchase or lease your vehicle NEW in the State of Florida?
2. Does your vehicle have a defect or condition that substantially impairs the use, value or safety of the vehicle?
3. a) Have you taken the vehicle to the dealership or an authorized service agent at least 3 times for the SAME substantial defect or condition?

-OR-

b) Has the vehicle been out of service for at least 15 cumulative calendar days due to one or more substantial defects or conditions? Yes No

(NOTE: If you answered yes to 3b, keep in mind that you must have at least 30 days out of service before requesting arbitration.)
4. Have you mailed by registered or express mail, return receipt requested, to the manufacturer of your vehicle (not dealer) the Motor Vehicle Defect Notification (MVDN) form which is located in your Lemon Law Handbook provided at the time of purchase?
5. Have you had a final repair attempt/inspection after the manufacturer received the MVDN?
6. Do you have work orders to verify the repairs to your vehicle?

I don't live in florida, so i don't know what else you'll need to go through.

mike

#1 Yes
#2 Defiently a safety issue
#3 3 times
#4 Not yet, waiting to talk to the factory rep
#5 Not yet
#6 Yes
Old 09-27-2003, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On ClubLexus.com several guys got their GX's bought back due to driveline vibration and sulfur smell, from what 1 guy said "major1"
If you want to look at Lexus buying your vehicle back you need to politely pursue this with customer service and demand you speak with a "supervisor" who has "buy back" capability!

Last edited by EDGE; 09-27-2003 at 08:03 PM.