Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Just got pWn3d by Maryland state inspection

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rocket
What happens if you dont?

I cant believe they inspect that many things....like rust?? are you kidding me?! So you need body work done too? What concern is it of theirs if your drivers window is hard to roll up and down or you have some rusted holes?
Just goes to show you how messed up state laws can be. They do this to "force" older cars off the roads and into junk yards.
Their the ones that pour salt on roadways which causes vehicals to start rusting within a few years..and then they have the nerve to reject your vehical for it?! wow.

Good luck with the repairs. Far as some of the parts you need, look on eBay.

Yea Maryland is strange to say the least, when I lived there I had a lebaron that had power everything and they checked it all when I saw the guy trying everything in the car I asked him why. This is what he said if it is equipped with it it has to work power windows, power mirrors, power door locks power seats ETC. Total Bull!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by toyguy1986
Yea Maryland is strange to say the least, when I lived there I had a lebaron that had power everything and they checked it all when I saw the guy trying everything in the car I asked him why. This is what he said if it is equipped with it it has to work power windows, power mirrors, power door locks power seats ETC. Total Bull!!!

Yeah I like how they went and added the obligatory $7.50 headlight adjustment to the cost of the inspection. I remember when I bought a car from a friend that went through MD inspection 2 months prior to our sale and they came back and said the headlights were out of adjustment. I said is everything tight and the guy said "yeah" and I told him it was awfully funny that the headlights got out of adjustment within 2 months and showed him the inpection ticket out of the glovebox. He changed his tune and made up a story that the machine was not setup correctly. The state got wise to the shops and put the cost into the fee. I still think it is better (wallet wise) to only get inspected at the time of purchace instead of every year like VA, WVA, PA, and others do.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by PirateFins
... I still think it is better (wallet wise) to only get inspected at the time of purchace instead of every year like VA, WVA, PA, and others do.
AMEN. In that respect MD is better
Old 08-04-2005, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

start making friends at gas station repair shops that do inspections. Then they won't try to screw you. But yeah that registration fee is rediculous. I think I'm going to buy a condo in De. No sales tax and the fee is like half.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by PirateFins
Yeah I like how they went and added the obligatory $7.50 headlight adjustment to the cost of the inspection. I remember when I bought a car from a friend that went through MD inspection 2 months prior to our sale and they came back and said the headlights were out of adjustment. I said is everything tight and the guy said "yeah" and I told him it was awfully funny that the headlights got out of adjustment within 2 months and showed him the inpection ticket out of the glovebox. He changed his tune and made up a story that the machine was not setup correctly. The state got wise to the shops and put the cost into the fee. I still think it is better (wallet wise) to only get inspected at the time of purchace instead of every year like VA, WVA, PA, and others do.

Better yet no inspection.