Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Ive taken the new rig wheeling twice now

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive taken the new rig wheeling twice now

Out behind duvall and Monroe...wont really name the places as im not sure if the DNR patrols this site (Ive had a few problems with them in the past...jerks!)

Got the truck into some pretty sweet trails...it did great. Pics tommorow...but lets just say its approach and egress angles were tested and maxed out

Everything held up great, and im in love.

And whoever suggested beating the starter with a hammer...I owe you a beer....it never wants to start, until you get inside the fender and hammer on it. Starts right up then. I need to rebuild it and put new contacts into it. Stilll need to chuck a new shift seat into it too...

pics of the trails tommorow!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DravisAR
Out behind duvall and Monroe...wont really name the places as im not sure if the DNR patrols this site (Ive had a few problems with them in the past...jerks!)
And folks wonder why our trails are being closed.

Either it was legal, or it wasn't.

Last edited by gwhayduke; 07-19-2005 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you for putting another phone call into the cops in MY BACK YARD.

A lot of trails are getting closed down around that area... I wonder why?

argh
Old 07-19-2005, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=gwhayduke]And folks wonder why our trails are being closed.

Either it was legal, or it wasn't.[/QUOTE

Tread lightly and have fun... there is NO public land TX so we pretty much have to do the same thing. Any trail you see off-road worth driving you rest assured that someone owns it.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:31 AM

As far as I know, parts of it are DNR property, parts of it are private, and parts of it are public. Since only the private lands labeled in any way shape or form, I dont see the problem.

Since even the DNR guys who patrol the area dont know the laws (its not off limits to ORVs until some kind of vote is taken and there is actual paperwork to say it is...which means signs go up)

Its not up to individual DNR officers to regulate the property or kick you off it...and in the past thats been my experience with them.

Some of you guys seem a bit quick to take the side of the governmental agencies on this one...thats a bit sad.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:43 AM

Some of you guys seem a bit quick to take the side of the governmental agencies on this one...thats a bit sad.
You have a really nice _LEGAL_ ORV area right down the road from you, why take chances?

Your "argument" about some is/some ain't is crap. It only takes you touching one tire onto private land to get that whole area shut down. "As far as I know" is BS. Did you try calling the city/county to see how the area is zoned?

Just 'cause you don't KNOW FOR SURE doesn't make it "okay" to do.

Why do we take "the government's side"? Because we HAVE to live with it for the time being. When you hit Megamillions, and buy up 100,000 acres of land to use as an open ORV park, then you can make your own rules. Until then, we HAVE to pay attention to the government because it's the only place we can LEGALLY wheel.

There are PLENTY of trails around this area. Reiter, Evan's creek, Naches, Tinkham, Tahuya... There're a bunch more.

On the plus side, at least you had the "ballz" and honesty to say that you're being an idiot with our play area.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:42 PM

As oppposed to even taking the time to write a lengthy reply to your response, ill just summarize mine: Have fun doing whatever our local government tells you to. Chances are you have absolutely no idea where I was wheeling, and therefore, have no idea if I was, or wasnt, within my legal right.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:46 PM

As oppposed to even taking the time to write a lengthy reply to your response...
Yeah, it's kinda' hard to argue with isn't it?

...(you) have no idea if I was, or wasnt, within my legal right.
and neither do you, yet you seem to think that you may not have been, and again... it only takes one phone call to shut it ALL down.

It's your rebel attitude that's been screwing it up for the rest of us.

Thanks. I appreciate it.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Banned

dont own it, dont wheel it..... there is no public land, then drive to where there is public land, or move......

again, either it was legal, or wasn't
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

I have to agree with Mark on this one. Just because you are clueless about the rules and not motivated to try to learn them, it doesn't make your opinion any less moronic.

Pull your head out and do something for the sport that actually helps to keep the trails open, instead of being part of the problem. Unless you specifically know that the area is okay for wheeling or have first hand permission from the owner, it's not open. Period.

I am sure you think you are being a rebel and are all bad @ss, but you are really just demonstrating your ignorance. People like you, with your "I can do whatever I want" attitude are a bigger threat to our trails then all the tree huggers together. You are precisely the reason trails get closed down.

If we all chip in $1.00 each, will you at least make an attempt to use it to buy a clue? It's obvious that you won't go get one on your own.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned

Old 07-19-2005, 01:20 PM

lol mark is steaming on this one.....
Old 07-19-2005, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2001Millrunner
lol mark is steaming on this one.....
Yeah, a little. I was in a pissy mood to begin with and then I come across some idiot working hard to take away my stress relief.

That's kinda' daring.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:31 PM

Is this really worth everyone losing their temper over? There are better ways to convince people than by berating them, guys.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

He has made it abundantly clear that he sees nothing wrong with his actions. That means one of two things, either he has lived in a complete vaccum for all of his life and has no idea, or he is clueless, ignorant and everything that Mark or I said is accurate.

It's not really berating if it's 100% accurate.

I will save my sugar coating for those who might not come off as backward and openly hostile to begin with and those who might not be so entrenched in ignorance.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:19 PM

I thought that "NO Bashing", no matter how intellectually it either was or was not done, was the rule here on this site ???

There are different was of passing on advice about where to or not to wheel in the form of "constructive criticism" without having to resort to outright attacks on the guy who, by all accounts, was merely attempting to share his enthusiasm over his newly purchased 'Yota truck and the joy of ownership that he had recently experienced with all YOTATECH members.

Sheessshhhh guys, give the guy a break, he got a new toy and managed to get out and play with it a bit, no harm done.

Last edited by 94x4; 07-19-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

There is also a rule about respecting the principles of the "Tread Lightly" doctrine so as to not make the members of this forum look like part of the problem.

The initial post refers to the staff of the DNR as "jerks", which is definately bashing and his further posts make it abundantly clear that he has no use for the doctrine of Tread Lightly.

It may be just fine with you that to the uneducated, this guy might represent ALL of us off roaders, but that doesn't sit fine with me at all. If we don't start policing and educating our own, more of my trails will close... That is just not acceptable.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:32 PM

I would like to see the pictures before I start to call him names.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Contributing Member

I love it when Rob posts, always good to read.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:53 PM

"Ditto" to GRNTACO in that no one here really knows if where DravisAR went was legal or not and we won't until we see some pics (hint-hint Dravis ), so what say everyone hold judgement until then and until then, I'm still siding with Randomness in that there are better ways than those that you have choosen heretofore to pass along some advice/wisdom/FYI.

Last edited by 94x4; 07-19-2005 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Ive taken the new rig wheeling twice now