Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I got my indiglo gauges!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my indiglo gauges!!

Here they are.... just got them out of the box. i hooked them up to the 12v line on my car to see how they look (awesome) but havent installed them yet

here they are out of the box..

expect a full writeup thursday or friday

Old 02-05-2003, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who's

Where did you get those and who makes them? I like the look of those -> they look alot like Joey's (UKMyers).
Old 02-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

i was going to buy them off an auction from ebay but the auction ended right before i could click the "buy now" button... they were listed for 32 bucks and 9 bucks shipping

I emailed the guy asking him if i could have them for 30 and 9 shipping... he said sure

the guy is msispeed@hotmail.com AWESOME GUY TOO. He said he would accept a personal check but i would have to wait for it to clear. well I'm not sure when he got the check, but all i know is i sent the check monday and i got the gauges today!!! so i dont even know if he got the check before he sent them out. very trustworth person. email him with what you need, he'll hook you up. tell him Jason Boggs sent you.

anyway.. i'll hook them up tomorrow... along with my NEW FLOWMASTER EXHAUST THAT IM GETTING. gonna do a full review on both...
Old 02-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

forgot to mention... best way to find them on ebay is search for 4runner gauges.... as done here

oh and make sure you spell gauges right! its not guages

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...4runner+gauges

here's the exact one i bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6773
Old 02-05-2003, 08:48 PM

Those do look similar to Joey's but if I'm not mistaken, it looks like yours already have the holes for the needles to rest on the pegs. Can't wait to see your writeup.

Salue
Old 02-05-2003, 09:38 PM

I went to the site that showed what L33 bought, and the heading said "89-95 4Runners". Please excuse my ignorance here, but will these gauges fit on a 89 Extra Cab V-6 Toyota? Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:23 PM
Contributing Member

indiglo gauges

bid on the same gauges today...I was waiting on gauges because I didnt like the way the reverse indiglo gauges looked when they werent lit up...lookin forward to seeing the writeup cause i will be following it when mine arrive!
Old 02-06-2003, 04:49 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Salue
Those do look similar to Joey's but if I'm not mistaken, it looks like yours already have the holes for the needles to rest on the pegs. Can't wait to see your writeup.

Salue
ERRRRR wrong answer. Look at the speedo.. NO HOLE!!

For those excited about a write up there is a full one in the tech section currently of when I did mine. Curious to see if he runs into the same problems or not that I had.. Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2003, 04:58 AM

I had regular indiglo gauges before I got my reverse indiglo and I had no problems at all. They had all necessary holes and the needles did not have to be sanded at all. Same thing for my reverse indiglos, no need to drill a hole or sand. I guess I just got lucky.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:58 AM
Contributing Member

there are holes in mine, all of them i think
Old 02-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

No man your missing your hole in your speedo I can see it in the pic. It needs a hole between the 0 and the MPH. If you look on the tach it's right next to the 0. As far as sanding I didn't touch my needles. Use thin doublesided tape to hold the new guages down on the old ones and you should be good to go.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Contributing Member

ohhhh oops, sorry

i was looking at the two holes on the left and right of the big hole in the middle
Old 02-06-2003, 11:12 AM

It definitely doesn't have a hole for a rest peg on the speedometer.

However, i have a 95 US spec 4Runner, and there isn't a rest peg for the speedometer on it. Only one for the tachometer.

Might be a US vs. UK difference, Auto vs. Manual tranny, or Late vs. Early model thing.

Anyone know the true answer to this?
Old 02-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Contributing Member

The UK Runners have a hole too. I think it was a just design flaw for them gauges. Be careful when you cut the hole and I would test out the indiglo on your battery after making the hole to make sure they still work before you put them in.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by UKMyers
ERRRRR wrong answer. Look at the speedo.. NO HOLE!!
Oops... Didn't notice the speedo, just looked at the tach:pat:

Salue

runninclean,
what was the brand for your gauges, and where did you buy them from? Got any pics?
Old 02-06-2003, 06:14 PM

looks like the same guages i have installed on my rig.
the install on these are very simple. Here is a link to the pics of my install. http://community.webshots.com/album/53840041PSnyCJ

I think joey did a write up on this also. Key points to remember, after you install the faces make sure your needles move freely and they dont bind what so ever. Other then that just take your time and maybe do a turn signal mod since you have the cluster out.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

well my buddy and i just put them in.. i must say. they look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I checked into the hole problem... there is no poll on the 95 speedometer.. so there was no need to drill. item went in just fine

funny... i ignored the warnings about double sided tape.. figured maybe i'll get lucky and they'll stay in there... WRONG!! i had to take my dads car to sav-on really quick and grab some double sided tape. that stuff is wonderful.

all in all.. everything turned out pretty good. i took a million pictures... but they're all huge! (1600x1200 @ super high quality, about 750k each) I gotta shrink them or something..

i do have one problem though... the tach is sticking around 1100 RPMs.... so when i stop it always stops there.. no matter what gear I'm in (park, neutral, reverse, drive). and it wont move anyhwere around there. also, when i start to move.. the rpm gauge wont move for a second... then it'll jump up to where its going... when i turned the car off it stayed at 1100 i tapped it a couple times and it dropped to zero

i'll take that out on some day when im really bored and wanna fix it... wont be for a while though.

the controller is different than the one done in the review already posted... its cool and has TRD logo

anyway... i'll take car of that review some day...
Old 02-06-2003, 06:42 PM

I have the same gauges as firefighter and I absolutely love them. I like them so much better then the original indiglos...not that the plain ones aren't awesome...but the halo is more my style. Even better is that they were a Christmas gift from my gf. And as someone said on here before I have a 95 4runner and there is no rest peg for my speedometer. It must just be a 95 thing and the gauges must have been tooled after a 95 and the difference was not noticed by the manufacturer.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

I have a 95 4runner and there is no rest peg
Aww so that's the secret.. I was wondering how they could just forget a hole. And know we know they rest of the story!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:51 PM

Ahhh The mystery is solved. Time for a scooby snack :rolleyes:

Quick Reply: I got my indiglo gauges!!