Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

how well do you think a rhino hitch step will hold up against the front of a car????

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how well do you think a rhino hitch step will hold up against the front of a car????

how well do you think a rhino hitch step will hold up against the front of a car???? I have one in the back of my 4runner and some asshole is parked illegally behind me right on my rhino hitch step in the crosswalk. I only have about 8 inches in front of the 4runner im not sure if i cant get out. If he is still there in an hour im screwed. If i cant get out im think of plowing into the asshole behind me and pushing him out of the way or something. im gonna have to bump him atleast a few times. but im sure im to close to the curb as well to menuvre out.

please suck

Chris

Last edited by impulsebrklyn; 08-04-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris,

One word: move out of NY.

Bob
Old 08-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Contributing Member

That hitch step ought to look mighty nice planted in his crumpled grill and hood.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:27 AM

when im done with school and get a full time position i plan on it. but i currently cant im start grad school in sept tight on funds.

chris
Old 08-04-2003, 10:28 AM

That really sucks. If I were you I would call the cops, have them come and ticket the idiot for parking illegally, and have them tow the hunk of junk. If you dont want to go with that, then I second plowing him with the rhino. I think you will probably bend the sides of it from the force, but you do need to get out right . and I am sure you will be when you drive away, look back in your rear view mirror and see the front end thrashed!!!

Hopefully no one will report you for hit and run thou:pat:
but then again he is resting on your step!!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:32 AM

Chris,

I spent 2 years in Boston and trust me, I know what you're talking about. Jerks would park literally 2 inches from your front and rear bumper. Its really not anyone's fault, given the crappy parking situation in the city, but damn dude, its a pain getting in and out for EVERYONE.

I'd say if he's illegally parked, do what socaleric says. At least he'll get the ticket.

Bob
Old 08-04-2003, 10:39 AM

im in long island city right now at work. so no one that works around here would park like that. there are alot of trailers and large trucks around here. and i work at a crane company we have machines on this block that could flaten the little corolla in a split second. if you park on the corner you looking to get your car plowed into, so lucky me he gets plowed and goes into my 4runner.

Chris
Old 08-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by impulsebrklyn
corolla
Thats all you had to say, get four buddies and lift the corolla out and place it on its side. I would be careful about smashing anything with your Rhino, with your recent luck, it might bend the frame. I was always told to never drive with anything in your receiver, when not towing something. If somebody rear ends you, the damage might not be to your bumper but to your frame. I hate living in a big city, always something. Sorry to hear you are in a bind.

Remember the Mentos commercial?

I've got the black Rhino bar also, but have been concerned about driving around with it sticking out the back waiting for some knob to hit it.

Last edited by Sac State; 08-04-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Parked Illegally

Call NYs finest and have them ticket the stupid A$$. Just make sure you are there to see his/her face when they get the ticket so you can post the pic of them on here!
Old 08-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by impulsebrklyn
...and i work at a crane company...
Can you put the Corolla somewhere else? Like the top of a nearby building?
Old 08-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

If you have the aforementioned 4 guys to help, a stunt I've... uh... heard of... yeah, heard of is to place him carefully on the sidewalk lodged between two poles. Oddly enough, even though he is clearly the victim of a vicious prank, he'll still get a parking ticket.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by mtnfreak
Can you put the Corolla somewhere else? Like the top of a nearby building?
I second that, I use to work in a custom limo shop and some dumbass blocked a workers car in and they used the fork lift to move his POS car, they put him between 2 limos so he could not get out until the limos moved which was the following day and the place he was in was watched by a camera cause people would do things to the Limos

Or if you back into him just back straight into him, was in manhattan and a POS buick getting into a spot a golf came out of was rockin an RX300 with temperary papers in the windsheild:pat:
Old 08-04-2003, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by EDGE
I second that, I use to work in a custom limo shop and some dumbass blocked a workers car in and they used the fork lift to move his POS car, they put him between 2 limos so he could not get out until the limos moved which was the following day and the place he was in was watched by a camera cause people would do things to the Limos

Or if you back into him just back straight into him, was in manhattan and a POS buick getting into a spot a golf came out of was rockin an RX300 with temperary papers in the windsheild:pat:

lol that would have been funny. I went across the street to see if it was someone at the limo place(kind of ironic). It was someone there except he wasnt going to be back till tommorow. I showed the owener of the shop the car and he called the guy a few choice words and just said bump the ˟˟˟˟ out of his car he deserves it. So i did, his bumper was alittle out of wack when i got out of the spot. I didnt even have a mark on the rhino hitch step. HEHE
Old 08-04-2003, 03:08 PM

they have done the forklift thing a few times at the yard its kinda funny or they will use one of the big trucks and tow the car in the middle of the street and leave it there. They pulled one car like 4 blocks away once. Wouldnt have like to be that guy, i wonder how long it took him to find it.

Chris
Old 08-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

Talking

Old 08-04-2003, 04:00 PM

after moving him back far enough, i would have given him one last hard thrust just so he would remember that the next time he parks behind a vehicle, he gives them some breathing room
Old 08-04-2003, 04:07 PM

all i know, is that my dad got rear-ended one time on the highway when he was borrowing my truck. (30 mph accident)

the results:
4runner - 1
civic - 0

all i can say, is that the tow hitch went straight through the inner cooler. and we got a "free" rear bumper out of it

Old 08-04-2003, 04:20 PM

oh yeah, i forgot i had this,

i think everyone should print out a couple copies of this and leave a few copies in their glove compartment just in case.

**attachment contains foul language**
Attached Thumbnails how well do you think a rhino hitch step will hold up against the front of a car????-park-too-close.gif  
Old 08-04-2003, 07:32 PM

That's funny! The whole can opener part is above my head... :pat: but thats awesome! Personally I don't deal with front to back parking, but numbnuts who can't park straight in a parking spot or or have to take up two or more tick me off, you have two lines to measure up against for crying out loud!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:00 PM

Guys,

Totally forgot about leaving signs! I was telling Mertztr about 3 weeks ago about a woman who always took two spaces or parked very close to the bordered zones in the spaces. Yes, we have big spaces. So I left a note that said something to the effect of:

"Dear Driver, Will you please learn how to park your damn car? You're always parking in two spaces."

Since then, she's about the best park'er in the business complex!

Bob

Quick Reply: how well do you think a rhino hitch step will hold up against the front of a car????