Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Has anyone had problems with Xtreme Off-Road?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xtreme Off-Road is great!

Edit:
Mike got in touch with me. The delay in communication was a result of his move. He has taken care of all the confusion with the shipping ect.
I now have my bumper and its going on tomorrow!!
I would highly recommend working with him in the future.
thanks again Mike

Last edited by MTNTOY; 05-12-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Banned

Just hang in there, Mike is very reliable and probably just incredibly busy.
I hope you hear from him soon, but in the meantime, don't give up, he's a great guy and very reputable. Hope you see the new bumper soon!!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Contributing Member

Last I heard, Mike was having some problems with his website or something like that?

He's got that current group buy going with some CO2 setup and some Staun deflaters... looks like there's a few more people very satisfied with his service.

He told me once (through PM) that the best way to reach him was over the phone. He's got a pretty good following here, TTORA, and customtacos at the very least, so I'd imagine his e-mail and PM inbox is pretty busy
Old 05-11-2004, 03:48 AM

The damage isn't typical, but it's not uncommon to have a hard time getting in touch with him. He's not avoiding you or anything, he's just very busy. Patience will serve you well when dealing with him, but I understand how hard it is to wait for an item - especially something as cool as a bumper.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:56 AM
Contributing Member

Also the bumpers ship out of Tn .. not Az .. hes got no control over the shipping aspect
Old 05-11-2004, 04:02 AM

Sounds like he needs to hire some help........... I have always had trouble with ordering from him. I ended up going with 4Wheel parts. They will match his price and they answer the phone and E-mails.

Dude if you are that busy get some help because you are losing customers. I have spent 1900.00 in the last month that could have been Mikes's... But when I get no return Emails and no one on the phone.... It hard to trust someone with 1900.00.

Just food for thought.....
Old 05-11-2004, 04:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pick up the phone.

The bumper damage I doubt was Mike's fault. Pretty sure he gets things drop shipped so he never actually touched the bumper.

I have done a lot of business and would do more business with him in the future.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Contributing Member

I've dealt with Mike, He was great! Worked everything out nice and smoothly.

His webstie says they're moving, and that probably explains why he is hard to reach. Be patient, I'm sure he'll be back very soon! Best of luck!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Contributing Member

A while back I was a little frustrated with him myself. I posted something in a thread stating that I was having some trouble getting ahold of him, and he PM'd me right away to resolve the issue. Seems like he tries to make good whenever he can.

I bet he will jump right on this when he finds out about it.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:41 AM

Although I only bought from him once . We are communicating very well...the shipping is fast for my order...he kept his word...just from my experience..

Last edited by linhsy; 05-11-2004 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

Like everyone has already said, he is very busy. Don't try to us e-mail to get in touch with him, just call. I've ordered countless things from Mike (i.e. my entire suspenson setup, among other things) He is a great guy to deal with and will try his best to make sure everything is sorted out. He is just a downright good businessman. Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction, but believe me I'm sure he will be quick to make the situation right.

Jonathan
Old 05-11-2004, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=Flygtenstein]

The bumper damage I doubt was Mike's fault. Pretty sure he gets things drop shipped so he never actually touched the bumper.

QUOTE]

I have had two TJM bumpers shipped to me (not from Mike), and both had scratches. It seems to me the problem has nothing to do with Mike and everything to do with TJM's powder coat and the inadequate padding for the long trip from the land-down-under. The ARBs I have seen seem to have a better powder coat that doesn't scratch as easy. Of course Mike not anwsering or returning phone calls would really piss me off too.

Last edited by mt_goat; 05-11-2004 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:31 AM

I know the bumper damage was not Mike's fault, but it sucks to have paid in full for something over 2 months ago and still not have anything to show for it. If he is too busy to return calls then maybe he does need more help. It's just bad business.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Reason

The exact reason I went with another supplier who was local and the cost was actually a bit cheaper. If I had had some problems, I could go aggravate them face to face, but I didn't have to. No matter how busy, when you aggravate the customer for any reason, especially when you can't get a hold of them when you need them in a timely manner, is bad for business. Good luck in getting all this resolved, I guess in a timely manner is out the window.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Contributing Member

In the past I attempted to order an Extremeair from him but got frustrated with not being able to get him right away, and the slow process of receiving my purchase. Recently I tried him again for a CO2 system, got my order right away. He seems to be really busy but eventually comes through and takes care of you. I'll buy from him again, rather give him my business than any of the big stores.

Last edited by Biff; 05-11-2004 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Biff
In the past I attempted to order an Extremeair from him but got frustrated with not being able to get him right away, and the slow process of receiving my purchase. Recently I tried him again for a CO2 system, got my order right away. He seems to be really busy but eventually comes through and takes care of you.
Biff,

which air system did you buy? I'm thinking about picking up a set too.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by timber725
Biff,

which air system did you buy? I'm thinking about picking up a set too.

Timber

I got the Co2 Outback Air System its really cool, I've already used it a couple of times and it works great.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IIRC, Mike makes his real living doing other stuff. Because of this, getting "more help" is not really a viable option. With the advent of the internet, lots of "shops" operate without a store front and people take and send orders after hours to help out others interested in the sport.

E-mails are usually a boner way to handle it anyway. The paper trail is good, but the phone is better IMHO.

I was in Phoenix in July. My PowerTank I bought from Mike ran out after Martinez and I needed more CO2. I called Mike and he told me the place in town to get it filled quickly and happily despite the fact I was catching him on his cell in traffic on his commute to the day job.

Have faith and be patient, it may prove wrong, but I doubt he is trying to screw you.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Mtntoy

just call him, ive called him twice, hes a cool guy, with take his time with you, and make sure you get what you want,
Ric
Old 05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

I had some trouble contacting him in the past with my Downey coils and Bilsteins... tried PM's, emails and phone calls. However, once we got in contact with each other, he assured me everything was under control. I'd do business with him again - support the local!!

Quick Reply: Has anyone had problems with Xtreme Off-Road?