95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

was this ebay deal too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by taikowaza
nice job deathcougar finding out the carfax info on that vehicle. Is there a way to do carfax without paying for it?
I am realizing that ebay is an interesting way to find vehicles, how about autozone, what are the major sites where vehicles may be found. has anyone bought a vehicle out-of-state before, and if so, did you fly there to drive it back, or did you have it transported? has anyone bought a vehicle completely sight unseen, were you worried about this
that deal is just too good. I appreciate the tip about installing the s/c afterwards to avoid running lean, however if the s/c is already installed, I am thinking that would save major money.
I am hearing that the s/c alone with install would prob. run over 2k? (just a guess I am not too educated on s/c) and the trd exhaust might be 500-1K? so getting both of these on a 99 for less than 8K woah! yet, it was in an accident (doesn't look like any damage however might be hidden), and maybe hidden rust.
I have unlimited carfax access, but no there is no way to get it without paying for it.

I am planning on buying a Vehicle here soon from Ohio (crosses fingers!) It is going to be transported across the country, via truck or something similar.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK I'm baffled people were thinking this was a great deal. I was asking $300 more for my '97 Ltd (add leather add auto & so on), has a Gen-II TRD SC (vs the Gen-I on the on from this addvert) on it, plus TB & WP done. Less miles - although same now at 116k. I didn't get one hit when I put it up for sale.

Only other differences - I don't have the hood scoop which is admittedly cool, and it's silver/champagne vs. green.

Oh and my is collision free. Very odd...
Oh well - perhaps I needd to buy a new scoop'd hood and ask lots more money for it.

CHeers!
Rob D.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by quattro
OK I'm baffled people were thinking this was a great deal. I was asking $300 more for my '97 Ltd (add leather add auto & so on), has a Gen-II TRD SC (vs the Gen-I on the on from this addvert) on it, plus TB & WP done. Less miles - although same now at 116k. I didn't get one hit when I put it up for sale.

Only other differences - I don't have the hood scoop which is admittedly cool, and it's silver/champagne vs. green.

Oh and my is collision free. Very odd...
Oh well - perhaps I needd to buy a new scoop'd hood and ask lots more money for it.

CHeers!
Rob D.
I presume yours is 4WD?
Is it a manual?
Do you have the rear locker?

Just somethings to consider.
Same mileage too?

If you had been selling your 2 years from last November I would have bought it, but alas, I have my current 4Runner.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:24 PM

In Florida with close to 120k, I'd say that was a good price, but not a steal at all. I've found Tacomas down here hold a much higher resale than 4Runners for some reason. When I got my current Tacoma, I couldve gotten a comparable 'Runner for at least a couple grand less. I think its just the "cool" thing these days to drive a pick up I dunno.

-Chris
Old 01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't remember there being a TRD package on 4Runners.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Paul H.
I don't remember there being a TRD package on 4Runners.
Was never really posted in brochures and all but I believe if you asked the dealer nicely he would give you details into it